After a huge amount of time, the MM7 expansion for MM8BDM is released! Here’s a changelog:
- Upgraded to Skulltag v0.98E (included).
- New campaign selectable at the start of the game.
- MM7 boss battle (not secret) at the end of the campaign.
- 12 new DM maps based on MM7 levels.
- 1 new CTF map by ivory.
- 8 new Robot Master Skins based on MM7 robot masters.
- 6 new bonus skins.
- 8 new weapons based on MM7 weapons.
- 2 new assist items.
- New Credits sequence.
- Most maps have had slight weapon layout changes, including MM7 weapons.
- You can no longer throw projectiles down hole transitions.
- MM1CUT – Added a Big Eye for decor.
- MM1FIR – Changed main staircase to a sloped floor.
- MM1DW1 – Added walkable staircases.
- MM2HEA – Items can be found in lava pools.
- MM2FLA – TimeStopper added (in a hard to reach spot).
- MM2WOO – Made Bubble Bat holes impassible.
- MM2CRA – Fixed invisible ladders.
- MM3HAR – Blocked off cliffsides.
- MM3SHA – Added slopes to replace the steps.
- MM3GEM – Fixed strange sky texture bug.
- MM3DW1 – Added stairs in various places.
- MM4SKU – Added stairs in the “starting” room.
- MM4DC1 – Added a slope to replace the main stairway.
- MM5DAR – Added stairs in various places.
- MM6KNI – Added stairs in various places.
- MM6FLA – Fixed invisible ladder. Fixed oil glitch.
- MM6YAM – Fixed invisible ladder.
- MM6MRX – Added various slopes and stairs. Floor bouncers replace some ladders.
- Shield/Radius/Other weapons have been given new HUD animations.
- Dust Crusher projectile speed increased.
- Gyro Attack damage increased.
- Leaf Shield has a short delay before activating.
- Magnet Missile no longer causes hit stun.
- Powerstone circling fixed.
- Quick Boomerang damage increased.
- Spark Shock has a firing delay but can be switched out quicker.
- Super Arm Ammo usage increased.
- Wind Storm now only throws opponents vertically, but higher than previously.
- Time Stopper no longer appears in Duels.
- “Fixed” Wind Man, Centaur Man and Blizzard Man skin colours.
- Blood splats COMPLETELY removed from the game.
- Bots attempt to pick their classes to support Yellow Devil’s Classes mod.
- Secret Skins now revealed by default.
- Musics change to the boss themes for other game modes like CTF and Duel.
You can download it from the MM8BDM website.
Due to real life reasons, lack of creativity and so such, this took much longer than expected. The next few versions will most likely contain bug fixes and so forth. As for v3 (MM8), I will be taking a back seat to let the fans work on this expansion for me while I maintain the overall quality. Why? Because MM8BDM doesn’t pay the bills, and I could be doing better things with my time. Don’t get me wrong, I love MM8BDM and would keep adding expansions for MM9, MM10, rom hacks etc etc, but let’s face it. MM8BDM can’t pay the bills, and I’d like to expand my skills beyond the Doom engine. Who wouldn’t, really?
Regardless, I am happy to see the community still growing and people playing my game still. Thanks to all of you who helped make it happen!