Advanced Search

Author Topic: Runescape Discussion Thread  (Read 17838 times)

October 10, 2011, 06:40:11 PM
Reply #15

Offline Balls

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 21, 2011, 09:47:44 PM

• View Profile
Re: Runescape Discussion Thread
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 06:40:11 PM »
Runescape was my life during middle school. Thankfully, I quit about 2 years ago.

October 10, 2011, 09:58:50 PM
Reply #16

Offline Bikdark

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 01:51:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »
Pay2Play is the worst idea ever.

October 11, 2011, 04:57:58 AM
Reply #17

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 04:57:58 AM »
Basically back then there was a bot problem, then Jagex put a trade limit, later they removed it and bots started swarming everywhere, I also found out some bots can be twarted by simply saying "your quiver is empty" and they will TP out, but yeah, now on holidays they're having special stuff for the p2p members, back then, it was all about simple fun like in haloween, you're hanging webs in death's house everyone gets the same rewards and has fun, now, you're doing complicated puzzles and stuff that makes no sense, and Jagex is shoving members stuff in your face every holiday. Basicly it's more about money then pleasing the players now.

October 12, 2011, 12:15:48 PM
Reply #18

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 21, 2009, 10:31:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 12:15:48 PM »
Indeed, all they seem to care about now is money, and it seems some players go as far to say (perhaps rightfully so) that they are intentionally making as much as possible money off the bot issue, now that bots no longer have stolen credit card issues that almost locked down a large payment method (wich resulted in the original start of the trade limit and such).

If only they kept the trade limit... Players where even given world PVP worlds, and it was almost completely bot-free except for price changing bot clans. Or was it autotypers... Perhaps both.
They'll never be able to deal with the bot swarms in any other way. Though i hear they did get rid of advertisement bots from a reliable source. Though if that lasts, however...

October 18, 2011, 09:40:41 PM
Reply #19

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
Ba dum tish
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 09:40:41 PM »
Runescape completly RUNED my computer.

It put a nasty virus on it when my two bros and I decided to join it all together.

October 25, 2011, 04:02:56 PM
Reply #20

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2011, 04:02:56 PM »
Bumping this topic with some good news:

The following message was written by Mark Gerhard, Chief Executive Officer & Chief Technology Officer of Runescape, on October 21st

Hi Everyone,

Last week, Daniel Clough shared more news with the community about our ongoing war to eliminate botting and gold farming from the game. Today, I am really happy to say we are in the long-awaited position of being able to announce that we’ll be launching our most formidable bot-busting weapon in our history, targeting what we believe to be 98% of the bots seen in game.

I anticipate that this update will be a defining triumph in our battle against the bots which you’ve clearly told us have been harming your game. However, we are not resting on our laurels and will be continuing to develop numerous systems as well as still making a number of improvements over the coming months in an attempt to remain a few steps ahead of both the bot makers and gold farmers alike.

As Daniel made clear last week, we are dedicated to battling bots and gold farming on every front. We have also recently detected and banned over 1.5 million botting and gold farming accounts. While we work behind the scenes on certain projects, we know that sometimes the necessary secrecy can be rather frustrating for players and, as a team, we’ve all desperately wanted to share details about this upcoming project with the community since the very beginning of the year when we had first believed it was going to be imminently ready. However, sadly sometimes when innovating in multiple uncharted areas it takes a lot longer than expected and we were therefore at necessary pains to keep this project tightly under wraps while completing it and, crucially, not giving bot makers any information or warning that could assist them in working around it or preparing for it.

The project, code-named the ‘ClusterFlutterer’, will be launched as part of the RuneScape game update on Tuesday the 25th October permanently preventing “reflection” bots from working again.

But, then again, not a lot of people here appreciate the game. So, I'll just leave it here and let the topic die on it's own.  :|

October 25, 2011, 04:30:20 PM
Reply #21

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2011, 04:30:20 PM »
Quote from: "DarkAura"
But, then again, not a lot of people here appreciate the game. So, I'll just leave it here and let the topic die on it's own.  :|
I'd probably appreciate this game a tad more if they didn't claim it was free then limit 95% of the content only to people who pay for it.

October 25, 2011, 08:26:24 PM
Reply #22

Offline WheelieCarbonate

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 04, 2011, 07:51:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »
Quote from: "Myroc"
I'd probably appreciate this game a tad more if they didn't claim it was free then limit 95% of the content only to people who pay for it.
This.
It'd be fun,but to actually have an experience in general,you have to waste 6 bucks which could be used for something actually,I dunno,USEFUL IN LIFE.
My rant is done.

October 25, 2011, 10:10:48 PM
Reply #23

Offline Myroc

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Tyst! Jag ser på TV!
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 08:35:35 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2011, 10:10:48 PM »
I should probably add that 6$/month* is a rather paltry sum, but spending those on something like Runescape seem kinda like a moot point, escpecially since I can find vastly more enjoyable games for roughly the same amount of money.

*Didn't it use to be 5$?

October 25, 2011, 11:17:46 PM
Reply #24

Offline WheelieCarbonate

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2011, 11:17:46 PM »
Quote from: "Myroc"
I should probably add that 6$/month* is a rather paltry sum, but spending those on something like Runescape seem kinda like a moot point, escpecially since I can find vastly more enjoyable games for roughly the same amount of money.

*Didn't it use to be 5$?
I think it was 5$,but they thought that the extra dollar would make them richer.

October 25, 2011, 11:29:43 PM
Reply #25

Offline Strange Metool

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 15, 2011, 07:42:52 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2011, 11:29:43 PM »
I played Runescape when I was 7.

It was fun back then.

After 3 years, I decided to quit.

Runescape in a nutshell:

(click to show/hide)

October 25, 2011, 11:50:37 PM
Reply #26

Offline WheelieCarbonate

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2011, 11:50:37 PM »
Quote from: "Strange Metool"
(click to show/hide)
This is true.So very true.
Its amazing on how rude some people can be.

October 26, 2011, 11:25:28 AM
Reply #27

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2011, 11:25:28 AM »
Hm, perhaps a turning point and reason to return. If they're getting rid of the bots thats quite a significant start. From a very reliable source so far things went somewhat good, last time i checked. Might just be worth to come back eventually, was always fun to mute the excess of ad bots in the G.E or Lumbridge or any other popular areas. Any that somehow get through tend to become hard to understand, but even then mods tend to take mute of those that slip through.

Hm, and 5/6 per month aint too expensive, considering the large amount of content, though i'll admit a fair bit of it requires or involves grinding, but that seems to be a base element of the game that some like or dislike. Its been getting increasingly easier to obtain EXP in more creative methods though. And doing said method with a friend, or any form of grinding, will make it fun enough.

Back in the day i even bought Funorb membership along with Runescape membership, costed at best like 7 or 8 dollars/euro's in total. Funorb is one of Jagex's other game sites, i think the first one aside Runescape. Though for whatever reason all the development either abandoned it or where placed on other projects, leaving the site without an update over a year.
Has some good games though. But i'd wait with paying untill they show up again, if you want new content, unless you're just paying to enjoy the current games to the max (same style free game as Runescape, you get part of the game for free, but the rest is paying for it).

Edit: Yeah the F2P community in there can get quite bad. Though it may just be me and my old times, but there should be some good people left in there. Back in the day atleast i could find friends that i could trust with say, my passwords, even! Now? Who knows...

November 03, 2011, 05:07:26 PM
Reply #28

Offline CarThief

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 05:07:26 PM »
I'd hate to doublepost but i doubt the topic gets anymore attention otherwise...
But in case anyone here plays it instead of hates it... Worth a try?

So... I just got myself some more membership and picked up dungeoneering again, good old fun as ever, anyone want to join in sometime? I'm not too fussed about dungeon size (though i'd prefer to avoid large dungeons on 2-ish party teams).

I can make decent armor, and if you're not a member i could come too though i'd have to get a weapon elsewhere then. Oh, my combat level is around 90-something in non-members and 104 or so in members, if Summoning still dictates the combat level between the two games. Though with good company i dont care if they're level 3. The account is Mister Evil9 (its an old name, heh), my private chat is on friends only, so i'll have to add people instead.

November 03, 2011, 05:51:33 PM
Reply #29

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 05:51:33 PM »
Yeah, I think this thread isn't gonna get anymore progress. I always thought that, since Deathmatch and RuneScape were both "European-born games," there would be a lot of people who tried/liked it, but since I actually gave LifeUp the idea of this thread anyway:

+1 ThreadLock

I was addicted to Dungeoneering when it first came out, but I always played alone. Took a month-and-a-half of constant focus just to get the Tome of frost. Went all the way up to, I think, 65 Dungeoneering around that time.

And, yeah. Summoning does go towards Combat level. I'm at about 88/89 Combat even though I never was a member.