Advanced Search

Author Topic: Touhou FPS Project [Standalone]  (Read 16206 times)

August 10, 2011, 11:18:19 PM
Reply #15

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
Re: Touhou FPS Project [Standalone]
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2011, 11:18:19 PM »
Quote from: "novaxdruid"
Some of those ideas for the passives don't seem too bad at all. However, I still think you're too focused on it being a Mega Man/Mega Mari mod, in which case it is not. All of my suggestions of attacks come straight from 'Soku.

My suggestions were mainly to avoid the "Bullet + ...Stronger Bullet" form you had for most of your classes. Classes should have unique and interesting attacks that you would have fun using instead of just some variation of "I shoot bullets in their general direction."

As for the MegaMari stuff:

Marisa can use Stardust Missile in most of the SHMUPS and in Soku (the green missile things)
Alice can use Spectral Mystery in the SHMUPS (her red/yellow laser attack)
Sakuya can use her knives in every game ever. The Quicksilver was just an idea for the pattern they would be shot in.
Remi is the only class that I'm not sure if those attacks are anywhere else. I suggested them because they would be interesting.
Cirno can use some form of both of my suggestions for her attacks in Soku.

Also, as I said before, this is the MM8BDM forum. I assumed you had played MM8BDM. It's definitely worth your time to at least play the basic game.

August 11, 2011, 03:03:28 AM
Reply #16

Offline Jennifer

• Standard Member

• *Flaps arms*
  • Date Registered: October 31, 2010, 03:59:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 03:03:28 AM »
Quote from: "xColdxFusionx"
Also, my Touhou Character List (rough document. doesn't have spell cards yet)
http://www.mediafire.com/?6kptim7yw1jyvl6

Below are my thoughts on what I think could be changed. Whether or not you use any of these ideas is up to you.

Spoilered for Wall Of Text.

(click to show/hide)

Y U NO FLANDRE BUT HAVE REMILIA.

Also,Yuyuko with Reincarnation ghost anyone?(Lol Starcrash clone)

August 11, 2011, 05:45:01 AM
Reply #17

Offline novaxdruid

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2011, 06:37:44 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 05:45:01 AM »
To answer this simply, cause there are no sprites of her available in 'Soku. To simplify work in the character sprites, I've devised a plan to use the current ones and edit/customize them to fill in all the missing views/angles. I'm not saying she isn't allowed, cause all Touhou related characters are allowed, they just need sprites is all (and of 'Soku quality and likeness). Unless you're going to provide said sprites, I can't include her...yet. Which brings me to problem No. 2. I need spriters like no other. Well, I feel as long as you can identify which character you're attacking, then at least there would be progress in that area. First person views are definitely going to require some work.

When will someone tell me what I'm doing wrong in my Test PK3 file (named derp.pk3)? I really need to know what it is I'm doing wrong so I can do more coding/programming.

Edit:
Figured it out from a friend. Quite the stupid and noob mistake I made. Hopefully I can start making something. However, I will still need quite a bit of help.

August 11, 2011, 12:32:28 PM
Reply #18

Offline Jennifer

• Standard Member

• *Flaps arms*
  • Date Registered: October 31, 2010, 03:59:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »
Quote from: "Travis"

August 11, 2011, 01:43:07 PM
Reply #19

Offline Trollman

• Standard Member

• The elusive BOXARTMAN makes an appearance!
  • Date Registered: April 16, 2011, 02:16:41 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2011, 01:43:07 PM »
To be honest, I couldn't use SLADE no matter what I did

Umm... you are supposed to install this before using SLADE 3

August 11, 2011, 10:38:51 PM
Reply #20

Offline xColdxFusionx

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2011, 10:38:51 PM »

Eirin with Force Crisis would be better.

"HOLY SH** WHERE'D THAT METEOR COME FROM?!"

EDIT: Someone made Flandre sprites in SWR style. I have no clue where you can find it, though.

August 12, 2011, 05:39:32 AM
Reply #21

Offline novaxdruid

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 05:39:32 AM »
Well I appreciate letting me know that. The problem is that you will still have to customize/edit them to get the correct views/angles needed. So far, my proto-type weapon is going good. I just have to learn how to make something charge with the hold command rather than it just fire something different when held.

August 12, 2011, 04:14:13 PM
Reply #22

Offline xColdxFusionx

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 04:14:13 PM »
While I'm thinking of it, how exactly will gaining spellcards work? I was imagining there'd be a Spellcard item (perhaps a Bomb card?) that would randomly drop and give whoever picks it up a random Spellcard for their class.

...And perhaps other cards could do other things.

Point: These are fairly common. They don't really do much (perhaps slightly recharge shot or ability cooldowns?)
Power: These are slightly less common than Point cards. They fill a Power Gage that increases the number/power of your Shot attacks at certain ranks.
Bomb: Somewhat rare. Spellcard, as discussed above.
1-Up/Extend: Incredibly rare. Gives you health equal to your Max HP, even if you're already at max (effectively doubling your health).

August 13, 2011, 07:31:24 AM
Reply #23

Offline novaxdruid

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2011, 07:31:24 AM »
Spell Cards are going to be the most tricky and hardest aspect to implement and balance. I've even thought of dismissing them. My concern right now is making the proto-type based weapon (with functional "charge"/"hold"),  and creating new bind keys that work (for melee, special ability/attack, and boost/fly). once that's done and i can get a major spriter on board, I'll begin working on the spell cards. Well, I might work on proto ones with the beta character at hand. Anywho, need someone to help me correct my mistakes AND really, can't stress that enough, really NEED a spriter.

ColdxFusion, have you worked on creating weapons or adding anything? You seem to know some things regarding that (or I'd like to believe and hope that D:). If you want, you can help me or train me so I can make further progress. With the rate I'm going, I'll never get anything done.

I really need a teacher in this area so I can learn faster. If anyone knows someone who is online often and patient, please let me know.

August 13, 2011, 03:00:06 PM
Reply #24

Offline xColdxFusionx

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2011, 03:00:06 PM »
ColdxFusion, have you worked on creating weapons or adding anything?

Me? Making weapons and expansions? What ever gave you that idea?

Feel free to ask me any questions about DECORATE and ACS. I'll be glad to answer them.

August 13, 2011, 06:28:57 PM
Reply #25

Offline novaxdruid

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2011, 06:28:57 PM »
Well, so far I've made a weapon. I made the first one, but I was experimenting with custom sprites, and doesn't appear in the weapons list. I also seem to get a fatal error when trying to make new key binds.

This is the pk3 file with my testings in it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ugeoskvudi78jjo

I've been trying hard to learn and fix mistakes, however, the zdoom wiki isn't great at explaining everything in detail. I would though appreciate it if you helped me though :D

August 13, 2011, 06:31:17 PM
Reply #26

Offline xColdxFusionx

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:17 PM »
Just so I know, what IWAD are you working with?

EDIT: Looks like Doom 2, in which case I can't really help you much. But hey, I can still look at the code.

...Here's your problem: The lump names should be KEYCONF and DECORATE, not KEYCONF.txt and DECORATE.txt. Also, remove the line "#include "KEYCONF.txt"" from DECORATE; the KEYCONF file is not a DECORATE script.

That should fix it

EDIT 2: Looking at Delta Wave

SHTG G 0
    SHTG F 0
    SHTG E 0 A_FireCustomMissile("CacodemonBall",0,0)
    SHTG G 0
    SHTG F 0
    SHTG G 0
    SHTG F 0
    SHTG B 0
    SHTG C 0
    SHTG D 0
    SHTG C 0
    SHTG B 0 A_Refire

So you want all that to happen at the same time? ...Also, I'm pretty sure that will cause errors.

Explanation: The numbers I bolded are frame delays. Setting them to 0 means all the lines will be executed at the exact same time. A better, smaller example would be

SHTG GF 2 //This is part of the animation. It will show SHTGG for 2 tics, then it shows SHTGF for 2 tics)
SHTG E 2  A_FireCustomMissile("CacodemonBall",0,0) //More sprite changes, and a projectile
SHTG GF 2
SHTG E 2  A_FireCustomMissile("CacodemonBall",0,0)
SHTG GF 2
SHTG E 2  A_FireCustomMissile("CacodemonBall",0,0)
SHTG BCDCB 2 //More animation and delays!
SHTG B 0 A_Refire //Refire flag. If you're holding down the Fire button, it will fire again.

Hope this helps.

August 13, 2011, 08:17:46 PM
Reply #27

Offline novaxdruid

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2011, 08:17:46 PM »
Well that solves my key binding troubles and for that, I'm very grateful. However, I still can't use the delta-wave weapon. It doesn't showup in the weapon selection and when I force to use it (via console), it crashes the game. Is there something else wrong with it. I did fix the fire function like you said to do.

August 13, 2011, 08:46:50 PM
Reply #28

Offline xColdxFusionx

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2011, 08:46:50 PM »
Well that solves my key binding troubles and for that, I'm very grateful. However, I still can't use the delta-wave weapon. It doesn't showup in the weapon selection and when I force to use it (via console), it crashes the game. Is there something else wrong with it. I did fix the fire function like you said to do.

The other functions are still broken. I'm not coding the whole thing out for you this time, though; you should be able to figure it out yourself.

Hint: 0 tic loops will crash the game.

August 13, 2011, 11:05:56 PM
Reply #29

Offline novaxdruid

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2011, 11:05:56 PM »
Ah I see. Well, lesson there be learned for me. Also, not trying to cheat out of doing the coding, I just want to know what I did wrong so I don't make the same mistakes. I do appreciate the help though.

Well, I fixed the lower and raise tics, however, it still crashes. I know the refire is suppose to happen, but is it the only thing allowed with 0? Did I miss other functions I'm aware of?