Advanced Search

Author Topic: 3D Floors in MM8BDM  (Read 1693 times)

April 06, 2011, 02:25:44 AM
Read 1693 times

Offline SickSadWorld

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 AM

• View Profile
3D Floors in MM8BDM
« on: April 06, 2011, 02:25:44 AM »
So, I've got this pretty much happening thanks to DTD.

The problem is that I've seen inconsistent results from people I've sent this to in terms of what they experience. I need help trying to figure out what potential issues are with this in terms of deployment.

3D floors are such a great feature in Doom/Skulltag and not currently used in MM8BDM. The problem is that it forces people to use OpenGL. I much prefer software myself (for MM8BDM), and currently with our v.98d-2999 build that MM8BDM uses it doesn't work right.

That's why I need any helpful OpenGL user to help me out with this. What do you see when you load this wad? Can you complete the rudimentary challenge it poses to you?

http://wadhost.fathax.com/files/3dflor.zip

Code: [Select]
Load the 3dflor.wad in the launcher
The mapcode is the same as the wad name so press '~' for a console then type
]map 3dflor

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

The best solution in my mind is for MM8BDM to somehow support 3d floors in software mode. People have said this is possible in a newer skulltag? Is that true? What barriers exist to having software renderable 3d floors in MM8BDM?

Thanks to anyone who feels like offering constructive input on this.

April 06, 2011, 02:36:15 AM
Reply #1

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
Re: 3D Floors in MM8BDM
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 02:36:15 AM »
3D floors aren't used in MM8BDM because 3D floors are disabled in Competitive game modes.

However, after MM8BDM updates, it'll hopefully use the latest beta of Skulltag. It'll help test it too I suppose.

Oh yeah, you can also change the height of a 3D floor ingame.