Advanced Search

Author Topic: Spikes (Spineys) and Count Bombs broken in Possession  (Read 2416 times)

June 26, 2015, 02:15:57 PM
Read 2416 times

Offline Messatsu

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: November 10, 2010, 04:06:39 PM

• View Profile
Spikes (Spineys) and Count Bombs broken in Possession
« on: June 26, 2015, 02:15:57 PM »
Thanks Fyone for the heads up on this.

Spineys/Spikes that spawn a damager and Count Bombs are currently broken in Possession.  Once the match starts the objects that both these props create are wiped from the map but the props themselves do no re-enter their spawn state.  The result is that they both no longer function correctly.  It's possible there are other world objects that are broken, but there are the two that I've checked and confirmed as problematic.  Also....Possession...WHY?!!?

June 26, 2015, 05:58:31 PM
Reply #1

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
Re: Spikes (Spineys) and Count Bombs broken in Possession
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 05:58:31 PM »
This has to do with an engineside bug related to how Possession rebuilds the world between rounds.
http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=2121
They seem to accept the issue, so I don't see a reason to address this immediately should they come along and resolve it themselves.

This was known for a while, by the way. I ignored it because I remember someone at the top [can't recall whether it was Mike or Ivory] said Possession was officially declared "unsupported" as a mode due to it breaking half the game's mechanics inexplicably.

March 21, 2017, 04:49:30 PM
Reply #2

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Re: Spikes (Spineys) and Count Bombs broken in Possession
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 04:49:30 PM »
Moving to closed since it's out of our hands and will (hopefully) be fixed in an engine update.