Advanced Search

Author Topic: The Idea(s) Topic  (Read 215805 times)

November 11, 2016, 04:58:36 PM
Reply #600

Offline Hilman170499

• MM8BDM Extender

• BLUE FOR DAYS!!!
  • Date Registered: March 18, 2012, 05:49:26 AM

• View Profile
Re: The Idea(s) Topic
« Reply #600 on: November 11, 2016, 04:58:36 PM »
I have an idea: A universal class mod frame.
You see, this game has a significant amount of mods featuring custom classes. It makes compatibility a bit tricky because you gotta make patches that fit the structure of the particular mods. Therefore, I present an idea for an omni-functional file from which the multiple class mods can inherit from to make compatibility and tweaks easier. It will include a base class and all the weapon/item replaces in the most rudimentary form. It can even be used as an easy starting point for young, new class mods out there! Of course, additional files are generally frowned upon, but I'd like to hear what you think.

November 11, 2016, 06:43:16 PM
Reply #601

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 11, 2016, 06:43:16 PM »
That would be extremely neat for toying around, but yeah, the problem would definitely be balance.

Not to mention non-class related features in different mods have that might still make them otherwise incompatible.

January 20, 2017, 09:22:29 PM
Reply #602

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 20, 2017, 09:22:29 PM »
Last post was on 2016?! We really got completely creatively burn'd out for this long?

June 14, 2017, 06:09:00 PM
Reply #603

Offline Hinatediz

• MM8BDM Extender

• BEEP BEEP BITCH YOU'RE GAY *
  • Date Registered: January 26, 2012, 03:49:32 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 14, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
Hi, I want to share you this idea:

I wanted to download the Saxton Hale, but all the links are down due to the strange page on sale, so I decided to give ideas for a spiritual successor: Specters Against Neutral Slayers (Yep, that's the name) ...and if short, we get S.A.N.S, which is because the .wad will contain fandom overrated characters as bosses, which the main one would be Sans, hence the name.

The following characters have been chosen as bosses, which are known as Megalovaniacs (The Megalo Hunters are the team name for survivors):

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Last Megalo Hunter Song (No matter the boss): Toby Fox - Megalo Strike Back

June 18, 2017, 02:08:07 AM
Reply #604

Offline ZipZap

• Standard Member

• M a s t e r s O f S c i e n c e
  • Date Registered: November 19, 2016, 02:13:43 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 18, 2017, 02:08:07 AM »
^ throw in zero while you're at it.

June 18, 2017, 04:19:27 PM
Reply #605

Offline Hinatediz

• MM8BDM Extender

• BEEP BEEP BITCH YOU'RE GAY *
  • Date Registered: January 26, 2012, 03:49:32 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 18, 2017, 04:19:27 PM »
^ throw in zero while you're at it.

Okay, now that could be 4 bosses at the moment...

I could create the topic, IF I COULD KNEW HOW TO PROGRAM CODE IN DOOM ENGINE.

June 03, 2018, 01:06:23 AM
Reply #606

Offline frozenLake

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 03, 2018, 12:47:56 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 03, 2018, 01:06:23 AM »
(While this could be considered necroing, the thread is stickied, so it shouldn't be a huge issue)

Something that I would love to see would be a mod that takes the enemies from a bunch of the single player/coop mods, and places them into an invasion game mode. Like, Dr Wily has decided to attempt to capture some important locations (Light Labs, Chronos Institute, ect), and your job is to fend off the waves of robots constantly Teleporting in. Maybe mix in some robot masters for final waves, with some mid bosses to help soak up buster shots in the middle of the game.

(if this already exists, one, link it to me because I'd love it, and two: sorry.)

June 03, 2018, 03:18:36 AM
Reply #607

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #607 on: June 03, 2018, 03:18:36 AM »

November 19, 2018, 09:47:16 PM
Reply #608

Offline Zapper514

• Standard Member

• engineer gameing
  • Date Registered: December 14, 2016, 08:53:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 19, 2018, 09:47:16 PM »
Hello, I got an idea from looking at Deathsmash (No longer updated) and I would like to make my idea public, Don't mind that I have a giant text file, I wrote this is as a starter and to find people to help me make my Idea a reality.

Megaman Rumble (Smash for Megaman 8-bit deathmatch)
----Whats it all about?-----

Megaman Rumble is a Smash Brothers type mod for the mod Megaman 8-bit Deathmatch, there was a mod called Deathsmash, but it didn't meet my expectations for classes to be useable with this.

With this in mind, Classes as such would help and actually benifit to this mod. I intend to make Idea's since I honestly know jack about coding yet, I do know a bit of creating maps, but not gimmicks.  I would love some people to help me, even though this seems a bit like deathsmash's original purpose, I would love to create a mod that makes it better and seem a bit more fleshed out into the megaman style and smash style.

----What I need----
Coders: I do not mind what level or what WADS you have partaken in, I just want your general help with this. Mind you making a new mod from start is hard, and I understand that. It takes a while! I don't mind any skill level, you could even help with the WAD!

Map Creators: I would love some help creating some Megaman-like Maps for the WAD, The way I wanted this to feel, is like a Megaman Power Battle Game, execpt you can be any character. I like taking the example of the Stages in Power Battle 2's Elec, Quick, And Centarman's stages respectively, Its a great idea for having the map be giant and open, like a flying platform.

Beta Testers: I would love some Beta Testers to test the mod! To find if we have bugs to fix before we release the first Beta to real players! It doesn't matter but we still could have some help with Consepts too!

Anyone in General: to create Consepts that we can all agree on! to make this more like a mod of the people and not just taking things from a game and making it 3d!

----What Class/Map Ideas Need!----
Charaters need
2 Melee moves ( A Jab[Spammable won't move during it] And a Smash[Can't move while charging up but does more damage)
2 Special Moves (Could be whatever so long as it is not broken, most prefiribly moves they have from a bossfight.)
2 Recovery Moves ( A side recovery (Horizontily) and a Upward recovery  (Verticly))
A jump in mid air, a dash(on the ground)
Item that is a Shield or Parry.

Maps need

A flat open area, so then everyone can fight at once.
Some Gimmicks, say for a heatman/lava cavern stage (Megaman: The Power fighters 2) It has two levels and as time goes on lava rises flares up the top platform/engulfs the bottom platform then moves back down to let the fight continue.
----How to Contact!----

If you are interested with this mod and would love to help, either message me on the fourms, or message me by discord!

Discord Name: Zapper514#0280

So come help me out, I would love to send this out and make my Idea a reality.

January 24, 2019, 01:22:23 AM
Reply #609

Offline ChompTehChump

• Standard Member

• *burp*
  • Date Registered: January 23, 2019, 11:05:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 24, 2019, 01:22:23 AM »
K, so imma be serious for once. After months of playing MM8BDM and its mods, I've come up with an idea that could be great if pulled off well(and if anyone is even interested in the first place):

Megavania (Castlevania-themed mod)
--Synopsis--
Every hundred years, the evil of mankind reaches its peak as they yearn for chaos and destruction. This supernatural malice results in the resurrection of Count Dracula, the demonic lord of the vampires. Dracula, thirsty for vengeance against God and humanity for his suffering in life, summons his cursed abode, Castlevania, and settles in the heart of Transylvania. There, he sends his hordes of monstrous minions to wreak havoc on the world and purge the earth of human flesh. In these dark times, only a chosen few can stand up to the king of the night. Armed with nothing more that a few holy weapons and their heroic resolve, this ragtag band is the only thing that can save the world from the wrath of Dracula. Can they put the vampire to rest forever? Or will the world be covered in the blackest night forevermore?

--Structure--
All right, so I was thinking to make an adventure/story-like mod, where you would go through Dracula's castle one stage at a time. You fight monsters, confront the boss, etc. The mod could also be different Castlevania-themed stages like DOS Reborn, although I would personally prefer the former. I won't sugarcoat it, this mod would take a LOT of effort, not just for the stages, but for the characters themselves and any enemies.

--Characters/Classes--
So I had in mind four different character classes, each with their different perks:
Hunter
The traditional vampire hunter, based on the Belmont/Morris clan. They would be the most balanced class in terms of offense and defense, mixing it up with weapons.
Main Weapon- Vampire Killer, of course. It whips in the direction you aim, and if possible, can be twirled around if you hold down primary fire ala Super Castlevania 4. If the adventure mode is possible, you could upgrade your whip gradually as you make your way through the castle:
Leather Whip<Thorn Whip<Steel Whip<Morning Star<Flame Whip
Sub-Weapons- The traditional subweapons from the series(Knife, Axe, Cross, Holy Water, Stopwatch, Bible)
Item Crash?- This could be possible through using an item, but I'm not sure. Work in progress.
Skins- All the Belmonts/Morrises, Nathan Graves, Reinhardt Schnieder,
Warrior/Fighter/Lancer?
The companion character, a combination of Grant Danasty and Eric Lecarde. Would be the fastest character but lacking in strong offense.
Main Weapon- Alucard Spear. Works just like Vampire Killer, except with a stabbing motion. Could stab rapidly with time. Possible upgrades:
Lance<Spear<Trident<True Spear<Flame Spear
Sub-Weapons- Based on the sub weapons from Portrait of Ruin(Shuriken, Grenade, Kunai, Guns, etc.)
Skins- Grant Danasty, Eric Lecarde, Cornell?, Hammer, Shanoa
Sorcerer/Magician
The mage, based on the Belnades/Renard Clan. Slow but powerful.
Main Weapon- Probably a magic book based on Charlotte Aulin's tome, or a staff. Possible upgrades:
Book<Encyclopedia<Tome<Tome of Arms<Book of Binding
Sub-Weapons- Four elemental spells(Fire, Ice, Lightning, Wind)
Item Crash?- Again, just maybe.
Skins- Sypha/Yoko Belnades, Maria Renard, Charlotte Aulin
Dhaphmir
The supernatural class, based on Metroidvania protagonists(Alucard, Soma Cruz, Hector). Stats still undecided.
Main Weapon-Sword, based on the swords acquired through the Metroidvanias(Alucard Sword, Claimh Solais). Possible upgrades:
Short Sword<Raiper<Greatsword<Katana<Crissaegrim
Sub-Weapons- Less like sub-weapons and more like abilities(Hellfire/Dark Inferno, Spirits, etc.) WIP.
Transformations- Transform into a bat, wolf or mist ala Symphony of the Night. Each form comes with its own powers.

--Stages--
If its just a stage pack, they would be based on various locations from the Castlevania series, such as the marble gallery from SOTN, the clock tower, and other memorable places. If in an adventure mode, then place the stages in a linear fashion. I have a specific stage order in mind, but until this idea gets any traction, I'll keep it to myself.

--Enemies--
Various enemies from the Castlevania series, stylized in Megaman format to avoid meticulous detailing. Enemy behavior would be tough to code, so this is a maybe.

--Bosses--
Hoo boy. As much as I would like to fight bosses, I know bosses are a pain in the butt to code, so I'll leave this option on the table. If anyone is interested, I'll go further into detail.

--Difficulty--
If the adventure mode gets traction, I do not want the difficulty to be ridiculous. I know, it's Castlevania, but I've already played mods that are a pain in the butt just because of cheap enemy placement, and I don't want that to happen here.

--People--
All right, here's were the effort comes in. To make this mod, I would need:
Coders- Any experienced coders are welcome. WADS are hard to make, but I have barely any experience in this and I need people who know what they're doing.
Mappers- I need help creating maps, whether it be for normal deathmatch stages or adventure levels.
Beta Testers- This is a given, seeing that this is a heavy mod.
Public- I'd love to hear from the other members of the community as to what this mod should be. That way, a possible mod could entertain as much people as possible.

That's all I have conceptually at the moment. If anyone is interested, please message me over the forums or on Discord!

My Discord Name: Chomp#4040

K, thx for reading. Hope someone likes the idea!

January 24, 2019, 04:00:49 AM
Reply #610

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 24, 2019, 04:00:49 AM »
Why don't you take this idea on the Discord server? I'm sure you could find some interested parties there! otherwise, a marvelous idea! Although, yes, it will take some effort.

February 15, 2019, 11:30:06 AM
Reply #611

Offline TheBladeRoden

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 14, 2010, 07:26:58 PM

• View Profile
    • TheBladeRoden's Home Page
« Reply #611 on: February 15, 2019, 11:30:06 AM »
Reading the gaming industry tea leaves, I think it is apparent that it is time for someone to make a Battle Royale mod.

February 16, 2019, 10:37:37 AM
Reply #612

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 16, 2019, 10:37:37 AM »
Reading the gaming industry tea leaves, I think it is apparent that it is time for someone to make a Battle Royale mod.
We actually talked about this a little on discord, but there is a lot of factors that need to be handled for such an endeavor.

March 10, 2019, 07:30:45 PM
Reply #613

Offline The3Dluxe

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 10, 2019, 07:19:30 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #613 on: March 10, 2019, 07:30:45 PM »
I always thought it would be interesting (although probably very time consuming and difficult to make) to have an MMO mod with using the different robot master classes like those from CBM or other classes mods in place of your basic Mage, Warrior, Thief, etc. It would have quests, leveling up and all of the bells and whistles of any other MMO but nobody would be crazy enough to pour countless hours into something like that probably. Just a little thought that’s probably a little too ambitious that I wanted to post.

May 17, 2019, 05:30:40 AM
Reply #614

Offline SaviorSword

• Standard Member

• Yar har, fiddle dee dee...
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 17, 2019, 05:30:40 AM »

What's wrong with the currently built-in LMS mode?