Advanced Search

Author Topic: Stardust's Workshop  (Read 188456 times)

July 05, 2014, 06:04:07 PM
Reply #345

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 14, 2013, 05:50:22 AM

• View Profile
Re: Stardust's Workshop (The Saxton Hale Rebirth ++ domain)
« Reply #345 on: July 05, 2014, 06:04:07 PM »
Justin's post now makes me want an Alien boss that rips people to shreds with its tail/claws and cane use Face-Huggers as rage to make baby aliens that are weaker by making the player be replaced by them. Of course, the player wouldn't be turned/replaced into/by one until a few seconds after he/she got hit since the aliens don't come out immediately. However, just like all epic/good/decent ideas, this'll most likely get pushed aside into the rejection pile.

July 05, 2014, 07:11:20 PM
Reply #346

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 05, 2014, 07:11:20 PM »
Quote from: "OtakuAlex"
Hey, time for me to pick apart the aspects of your changelog that caught my attention. (I deleted the changes from the changelog that I had to response to)

Quote from: "Stardust"
(click to show/hide)
              [/color]

LMAO Otaku, you know what is an argument? You could do better than "why there were perfectly fine (FOR YOU THEN)." "oh look something i can actually be happy about, a good change", "i bet you derped" Otaku, the maker of Insanity classes, is a CHAMPION of ARGUMENTS! : D
Stop at being Childish and try to develop your text...like in SCHOOL YOU KNOW?

July 05, 2014, 07:41:04 PM
Reply #347

Offline LarissaFlash

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 27, 2014, 04:22:13 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 05, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »
LMAO Otaku, you know what is an argument? You could do better than "why there were perfectly fine (FOR YOU THEN)." "oh look something i can actually be happy about, a good change", "i bet you derped" Otaku, the maker of Insanity classes, is a CHAMPION of ARGUMENTS! : D
Stop at being Childish and try to develop your text...like in SCHOOL YOU KNOW?

It's exactly the thing i was thinking when i read his commentaries.

July 05, 2014, 07:44:55 PM
Reply #348

Offline Davregis

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2011, 07:44:46 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 05, 2014, 07:44:55 PM »
That'd be awfully lazy and forgetful of the mod's origins.

...Does it matter?

July 05, 2014, 07:55:18 PM
Reply #349

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #349 on: July 05, 2014, 07:55:18 PM »
Quote from: "The Rules"
KEEP IT FRIENDLY - No flaming other users. Heated debates are fine, but if it gets to the point you're calling each other names then action will be taken.

OtakuAlex, if you're just going to keep up the nonstop harassment, I have no other choice. Cut it out. You're literally just ranting to yourself at this point, and that doesn't look good to anyone, especially the target or the staff. If you have no other purpose in this thread than to moan about others, then don't post.

On the subject of the mod, thank you for the Roll changes - they add a considerable amount of clarity and effectiveness of the class itself, and I feel like I'm wasting my time less as a result.

Don't have much else to add.

July 05, 2014, 10:44:04 PM
Reply #350

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 05, 2014, 10:44:04 PM »
>Didn't call names
>Peace doesn't work when trying to get through with said "target"
>This isn't any real sort of flaming
>What's the issue here?

So, yeah, go ahead and do whatever. Your logic is flawed and I don't care about any consequences ye have for me.

July 05, 2014, 10:56:50 PM
Reply #351

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
just saying
« Reply #351 on: July 05, 2014, 10:56:50 PM »
I believe it's the thing that Stonefunk quoted?

July 05, 2014, 11:03:34 PM
Reply #352

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #352 on: July 05, 2014, 11:03:34 PM »
>Peace doesn't work when trying to get through with said "target"

>This isn't any real sort of flaming
"Flaming is a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity."
Ah, yes, your stupid alternative to the brilliant idea SJB had. Your hacky, stupid alternative.
Yeah, you bet you derped.
So, you just NOW get around to this?
Also, INB4 Star rejects this idea and I proceed to laugh my ass off in this wonderful wheel chair tha- *Spins around* WHEEEEEEEEEEEE~
But, why am I even posting this? When there was a group chat, before you went solo, you didn't listen to anyone there about it. You only listen to yourself.
What do any of these comments add to any conversation other than to belittle another user? None of us here are perfect, and you are unreasonably expecting others to be.

>What's the issue here?
The issue here is that you're breaking a state of peace for no real reason other than to satisfy your own scornful agenda. As far as criticism goes, it's so much simpler to just state your opinion, back it up, and allow the creator of said product to take it into their own hands. The fact that you feel entitled enough to consistently berate another user whenever something doesn't go the way you think it should is pathetic.

So, yeah, go ahead and do whatever. Your logic is flawed and I don't care about any consequences ye have for me.
I won't have to prepare any consequences if you simply listen to reason: disengage. Stop posting here unless you have nothing more to add than tried and true constructive criticism. Leave your personal agenda inside your person. Full stop.

July 05, 2014, 11:18:10 PM
Reply #353

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 05, 2014, 11:18:10 PM »
Now I see why no one else speaks up on the forums. Take whatever you like out of this phrase as you continue to look down upon me and feed both yourself and others with lies.Fine, I'll be done then, because I'm obviously wasting my time speaking to those who cannot think beyond what's been told. If this is how everyone is here, just ban me.As I said, the only way to get this person to listen is with violence, because they brush aside calm words as if said words were just flies.

If you're gonna say I'm wrong and my actions are shallow, then you're only paying attention to what I say and what others say about me instead of looking at the subject I speak of. That is as blind as it can get, which is sad to see from an admin.If I must be punished for speaking up in the only tone that will be heard, then what's the point of anyone  having the ability to talk other than to socialize about meaningless matters or kiss each other's arses?

July 05, 2014, 11:25:38 PM
Reply #354

Offline Tengu

• Donator

• the frogs are gay
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 05, 2014, 11:25:38 PM »
Now I see why no one else speaks up on the forums. Take whatever you like out of this phrase as you continue to look down upon me and feed both yourself and others with lies.Fine, I'll be done then, because I'm obviously wasting my time speaking to those who cannot think beyond what's been told. If this is how everyone is here, just ban me.As I said, the only way to get this person to listen is with violence, because they brush aside calm words as if said words were just flies.

If you're gonna say I'm wrong and my actions are shallow, then you're only paying attention to what I say and what others say about me instead of looking at the subject I speak of. That is as blind as it can get, which is sad to see from an admin.If I must be punished for speaking up in the only tone that will be heard, then what's the point of anyone  having the ability to talk other than to socialize about meaningless matters or kiss each other's arses?

You're wrong and your actions are shallow.

Sue me, kid.

And if you insult Llama ever again I'll cut your nether regions out with a hack saw : )

July 05, 2014, 11:31:43 PM
Reply #355

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2014, 11:31:43 PM »
As I said, the only way to get this person to listen is with violence, because they brush aside calm words as if said words were just flies.
This right here, this is horrible and stupid reasoning, if the person you are bothering is making their own mod and you have nothing to do with it and you feel the need to "use violence" then you are simply harassing them. No one is forcing you to play this version, no one is keeping you from going back to your own SH mod.

July 05, 2014, 11:36:51 PM
Reply #356

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2014, 11:36:51 PM »
(click to show/hide)

July 06, 2014, 02:47:40 AM
Reply #357

Offline LordDamager

• Standard Member

• Its me.
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2013, 10:39:17 PM

• View Profile
why all teh dramas mang. why you dood dis.
« Reply #357 on: July 06, 2014, 02:47:40 AM »
Ok. why is everyone getting upset with otaku even after he was given a warning and he was told to leave. He was just saying his own thoughts in his own ways... which still needs work -.-. There are plenty of things wrong here and i mean PLENTY. Otaku could have worded it better, sure, but there are alot of things that need to be addressed.

FIRST: Stardust going solo over a few incidents, that yes, started with me. Thats a bit drastic considering several people still want to help her and she brushes them off. Not to mention the bugs/suggestions people still have that dont get fixed, or at least not for awhile when they should be caught sooner. I dont think its very productive to kick off on your own after everyone else who was willing to help did actually help. Nor is it productive that you need 2 hotfixes when a new version comes out. TWO.

Second: While this mod claimed to take a new view on hales, its still the same thing with more clunkiness. Sometimes as morshu, i want to throw fire, i get oil, and vice versa. whether tapping or not, its a bit finiky. Supermachoman is basically a charge and attack version of saxton hale. With the added benefit of stunning. His button pressing sequence is also a pain, and im sure it still is EVEN with it binded to another key. that still wasnt the boss i wanted either btw stardust -.-

Third: GOSM having both his slice and his meteor are redundant and more of a waste. people are gonna use the meteor in every scenario. the slice is more of a waste of time, and coding space. when you can throw a rock at a person's head from a safe distance, vs getting in close to slap their faces around, what are you really going to do? and the health nerf was not needed. he was fine before. The rock takes a bit of trickery to aim as well, considering how you can aim somewhere and have it only fall some feet away from the desired location. And why would he get invuln during his rage? NO ONE runs to him or attacks at him all when he rages, they're too busy running away for their lives.

Fourth:Again, going back to how this mod claimed to be a different take on hale, why does hale himself have no real change. new skin, new hud, less damage. Oh and pretty twilight sparkles when he rages. Saxton hale, who the mod is named after, is probably the most bland and unneeded hale now, with how everyone else is setup. Even clunky derpy Moocho Mun has more abilities then hale himself. The only thing that makes him stand out is how he (probably?) gets the most health, which doesnt do him much good other then stall matches.

Fifth: Why make pissed off rolls a regular hale, then hide it? She needs some work or a new rage, but cmon, you dont need to hide her.

Sixth: Neods pls.

Seventh: Gamma feet. Even for a joke boss, its still more useful and fun then saxton hale himself. But even then there are severe limitations. The feet's views are screwy in small spaces, and their attacks are far less effective in said spaces. Their slow speed makes it worse on larger maps. But again its a joke boss, so i cant really say its too much of an issue.

Eighth: Akuma pls. I cant tell if hes a joke or serious. Hes not that tanky or powerful in his game series, so why does he get to be a god here? Even unholy's takes on akuma are possible to kill, and the bosses in that mod refuse to die.

Ninth: Stardust, why did you even get a team together in the first place to the project? Even back when i was on the team, you never really accepted anyone elses ideas or suggestions. You've always said you'll "think" about them, but you never really did. you just brushed it off. Its wrong, and its lead to hales and classes being unbalanced, and, the worst of it, to super macho man.. Stardust, everyone has tried to help you, even i did for crying out loud. You've always ignored us or treated us as non-exsistant. Hell, im surprised you didnt go solo sooner with that attitude.

Tenth: Tomahawk talbain's old darkness was fine. at least you could still see. But why the hell did you make it total blackout? Before you even say theres the automap function, let me inform you that on maps like brightman, the automap does nothing to benefit you.. It doesnt tell you where theres pit, or where the boss is at. Total blackout isnt fun, especially since its lead me over a pit quite a number of times. that needs to be seriously adjusted.

Eleventh: Classes: Tank aka Duo's resistance to damage is random. more random then whos gonna get what boss overall in the mod and any saxton hale branch. It can and cant survive a za warudo (im not even gonna talk about dio flash and why hes a thing), it can take a punch and it cant. Not to mention with the reverse knockback, you can get sent flying into a pit, or a dead end, making that slow speed and extra resistance worth nothing. Not many hale shots trigger it however, they always just widdle the tank's hp down to nothing regardless of what he does. curly wont trigger it at all, so if you see curly, run. owait, i mean crawl away slowly. On the up side, his duo fist, fully charged, deals alot.. pending you can even land the hit with the slow shot.

Twelfth: Medic aka roll aka MEDIC/DOKTA. I question the purpose of a medic sometimes. Shes useful against bosses like curly/quote. but when you come against hales like GOSM, or Dio flash, does she even need to exist? Not only does her heal bar run out quickly, and regens painfully slow, but she's also a popular target for hales, making her the first to go. So is her real job to be a medic? or target practice? Her buster is faster then megaman's and deals the same damage, so when you get drain/spread it works out nicely. Instead of her current painful setup, have her regen quicker, but she can only get half her original ammo back.

Thirteenth: lolsupportwepstockpilespls.

Fourteenth: Sweeper. Weaker. Get a proto upgrade off a support class. Boom, old protoman's back, with extra damage.

Fifteenth: Speedster... yea.. weaker megaman? that shoots faster? with the rof, hes probably more effective then megaman to be perfectly honest. He doesnt build up too much rage either for a rapid fire class, so he kinda gets away with being an upgrade that can stall with the right tactics.

Sixteenth: Runes. Drain. why drain. Drain is terrible. its a blessing for whoever gets it, but its so unnecessary, and game breaking in some cases. Get yourself a nice camp and drain, and the hales done. no chance. this gets worse when you have either speedster or medic, who can recover quicker because of their rof. And resistance is kind of pointless to some hales, again, dio flash. Is it just me, or did dio flash get all the love? or some of it went to UNRM and SMM and remilia as well...

Seventeenth: Remilia. Remilia. Remilia.... Shes the fastest hale, the most flexible, and she can ohko better then any other melee hale, not counting dio. She has a rage that would make a pinball machine cry. Shes basically a death sentence to anyone whos not alert 200%. and even then, its a low chance they'll survive one or two encounters with remilia. that speed allows her to, and excuse me for this, throttle anyone in the behind or front without giving two fucks. Remilia needs a speed nerf as well as an adjustment on her... throttling to match the theme of the rest of the melee hales.

Eighteenth: Unknown robot master is, for the most part, balenced out since his debut.. except for hot heads and sniper armor. they still need an hp nerf, and hothead fires should have less homing abilities or less speed. But for the most part, hes semi-ok... that rage though makes it cheap for the last person alive.

Nineteenth: Dio flash. we do not talk about dio flash. Dio flash is a pain. dio flash is love. Dio flash is life. Dio flash wont fucking die.

Twentieth: Over all, this mod needs to be seriously reworked in some aspects and Stardust will need help in order to do so. i can make a complete and actual list for what i see needs fixing/reworking, apart from what i mentioned here. Stardust, ill say this as a past friend: Get your old team back, and start listening to others. If you want this mod to actually succeed, work with people, not against them.

and emmuel-i forgot your name but: I came to otaku with insanity classes, and even then, its been neo whos mucking around too much -.-

July 06, 2014, 03:44:19 AM
Reply #358

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
I'm back, let's rock.
« Reply #358 on: July 06, 2014, 03:44:19 AM »
(click to show/hide)

Probably because even after he was asked to leave, he continued to make a pointless scene.

I REALLY don't want to go back and quote right now, so let's paint it red.

"If you're gonna say I'm wrong and my actions are shallow, then you're only paying attention to what I say and what others say about me instead of looking at the subject I speak of. That is as blind as it can get, which is sad to see from an admin.If I must be punished for speaking up in the only tone that will be heard, then what's the point of anyone having the ability to talk other than to socialize about meaningless matters or kiss each other's arses?"

I'm a person who runs on a mostly neutral ground, who brings up a good sense of logic when I can. I've never judged on your character and only provided the same point over and over again:

"We understand what you're saying, we've thought it over, we disagree, stop shoving it down our throats and leave it alone."

As a content creator, I can assure you that when another content creator says that they're "Thinking it over", they really are. Just because the creator doesn't do any of your suggestions (or in this case, team) doesn't mean they weren't at one point considered.

Never insist that an idea wasn't thought over. Continuing to try to shove your metaphorical T Wiggles down our throat isn't going to help your cause. Let's say you made a really good river. A river so good that you would marry it. You have little streams and live happily ever after. Anyways someone comes along and says "Change the Curves". Well no, you aren't going to do that, one of the many reasons you married that river was for its curves. You tell them "No thanks, my river makes me wet as it is". However, this person starts crying and whining until they have their own river. They start yelling at Mr. Brooks the amount of river jokes are drying upbecause his river isn't how Mr. Stygz I told you they were dripping awayimagined it. Basically you're trying to shove the T Wiggles down the throat and that isn't helping anyone. We hear you. We told you no. Please stop this. Thanks.

If it comes to it; I'll make points on the other things you said. I just wanted to clear that bit up quick. (Double Directed at both Otaku and LD)

July 06, 2014, 05:05:52 AM
Reply #359

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
Re: why all teh dramas mang. why you dood dis.
« Reply #359 on: July 06, 2014, 05:05:52 AM »
This thread is just turning into unproductive arguments...so I'm not going to spend much time here, but one thing LD said made me really curious...

Quote from: "LordDamager"
Second: While this mod claimed to take a new view on hales, its still the same thing with more clunkiness.

I'd like to know where you got the assumption that this mod was intended to be different from other SH mods. Rebirth was going away from the norm, not ++. Star said from the beginning her mod was aimed to be more of the typical kind of SH seen in the days of SilverSin and Balrog. R++ is simply a fusion of our projects, with the gameplay of ++ being mostly intact with a few Rebirth elements mixed in, namely in the form of ammo for some boss rages, Curly Brace's Nemesis rage, and the boss concepts of Morshu, Ra Thor Rebirth, and GutsManG, all of which whose concepts were going to be in Rebirth, but instead were refined by Star and used in the fused mod. Might I say that Star agreed to mostly keep the concepts of the three bosses intact? Also quite a few of my other suggestions along the way were implemented, so it's not like she wasn't listening. What about all of the bugfixing that occurred due to Celebi working its beta-test magic? Am I saying that Star isn't guilty of all of the things said about her? No, I'm not, but some of the claims are quite fraudulent, or at least far from the truth, at best.

That is all I wish to comment on, because some lies were spread about Star. Now can we please stop talking in this thread and just let it sit idle until Star's next announcement about any of her projects? Probably not going to happen, Otaku or LD will take more stabs in this thread...when will people learn when enough is enough?