Advanced Search

Author Topic: Insanity classes!  (Read 16539 times)

May 01, 2014, 10:11:08 AM
Reply #15

Offline PotatoStrike

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 12, 2014, 04:29:39 PM

• View Profile
Re: Insanity classes!
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2014, 10:11:08 AM »
Quote from: "Superjustinbros"
some Kirby and One Piece-themed powers

What game of Kirby? All? Adventure NES? Power paintbrush?

If it's all Kirby powers, here are some I know:
(click to show/hide)

Some hyper-powers:
(click to show/hide)

Notice there are so much more powers in the Kirby games. Find'em all!

May 01, 2014, 05:38:09 PM
Reply #16

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2014, 05:38:09 PM »
I wouldn't do all Kirby powers; that'd be overkill.
If you want an idea of what powers I'd personally pick from, here.
http://aozorasadventure.blogspot.com/20 ... nture.html
Or here if you want to see the rest of the pack.

Along the very bottom are the One Piece-inspired Mario-Styled power ups, the first five from the right on the bottom row are my newest, which includes (from left to right) Wild, Armor, Magic, Stand, and Soul.

May 01, 2014, 07:25:07 PM
Reply #17

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 14, 2013, 05:50:22 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2014, 07:25:07 PM »
Thank you for your suggestions/submissions. We'll look over them and do votes once we polish up everything else. =S

Currently, a few of us are a bit on edge about new classes and want to rebalance everything first. I'm not one of those people, BTW. I feel we could do both at the same time, balance and add new classes.

Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know so you don't give up your hopes in the meantime. You could probably do some polishing as well on your ideas if you feel you need to change them a bit before we go over your entries to pick witch ones get in.

May 30, 2014, 01:56:00 AM
Reply #18

Offline BlackEmperorJet

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 20, 2014, 12:38:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2014, 01:56:00 AM »
I have a suggestion encouraged by LordDamager.

Zikota

A speedy glass cannon with a high jump. boasting some good speed and attack, but low defense.

Weapon 1: S. Fisticuffs

regular fire - Swift Jab. A fast short-range melee attack with a high rof but low damage.

alt fire - Dive Kick. An attack that launches you up into the air before you stomp down, either causing a small stunning shockwave if you hit the ground. or doing moderate damage if hitting another player. it has a moderate rof.

Weapon 2: Z. Scarf

regular fire - Scarf Grapple. An attack that sends both scarf ends forward. if it hits a player and the attack button is held, they are caught in it and their health is slowly drained. but it leaves the user open to be attacked. This attack has a moderate rof.

alt fire - Scarf Hook. It does no damage and is more of a method to get around. a single end of the scarf shoots forward and if it hits a wall or an actual ceiling, it pulls the user to it and they stick to it until they either wait for 3 seconds to be able to shoot another scarf end to get to another area or simply jump down.

Weapon 3: Bloody R.

regular fire - Blood Bomb. An attack with a slightly low rof. A ball of blood is thrown in an upward arc. it sticks to the first floor or player it hits for a few seconds before exploding into 8 blood blobs that spread out in a circle and stick to the floor for a while before disolving. the ball itself doesn't hurt the players. but the explosion and the blobs can.

alt fire - Bloody Vomit. An attack that takes 6(or 8 seconds) to charge and has to be charged by holding down alt fire which holds the user in place. using the attack still holds them in place as they shooting out a load of green blood covering the lined area that the user is facing towards.

Item Use - Deadman Corkscrew. An attack that has a 10(or 15) second charging time. it sends the user flying forward using a corkscrew kick. it travels fast and far, doing great damage when hitting a player. but it travels fast and far and can not be steered. so it could lead to falling into a pit or hitting spikes if not careful.

I'd appreciate a skin made for it. and if you do it. base it off of this. http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/ ... 7jn6lm.png

May 30, 2014, 02:08:31 AM
Reply #19

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 02:08:31 AM »
I'm sorry, but we're still not accepting classes right now. LD released the file under the wrong name and without certain bug/balance fixes. It's an unfinished product and I'm both enraged and ashamed.

He did this all without full team agreement, thus it's unofficial and class suggestions won't be considered. The official version might come soon, though.

That, and he didn't even update the OP.

May 30, 2014, 02:15:19 AM
Reply #20

Offline LordDamager

• Standard Member

• Its me.
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2013, 10:39:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2014, 02:15:19 AM »
Actually incorrect alex. i have already been given the go by several others in the group. this is the official version. and i forgot to update, just did though :L.

We can accept classes soon do not worry. the current file is up to date.

May 30, 2014, 02:24:43 AM
Reply #21

Offline BlackEmperorJet

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2014, 02:24:43 AM »
Quote from: "OtakuAlex"
I'm sorry, but we're still not accepting classes right now. LD released the file under the wrong name and without certain bug/balance fixes. It's an unfinished product and I'm both enraged and ashamed.

He did this all without full team agreement, thus it's unofficial and class suggestions won't be considered. The official version might come soon, though.

That, and he didn't even update the OP.

Will you still keep my idea in mind?

May 30, 2014, 02:29:41 AM
Reply #22

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2014, 02:29:41 AM »
Quote from: "LordDamager"
Actually incorrect alex. i have already been given the go by several others in the group. this is the official version. and i forgot to update, just did though :L.

We can accept classes soon do not worry. the current file is up to date.

If by up-to-date you mean broken pain states and you're an OP troll class, then yes. I still think we should kick you from the team. This version isn't official in the least since you didn't get full permission and some of us were literally yelling at you not to release it.

May 30, 2014, 02:42:44 AM
Reply #23

Offline LordDamager

• Standard Member

• Its me.
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2013, 10:39:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2014, 02:42:44 AM »
this version is official since ive gotten permission from other members. you dont get to dictate whats real or not since you've left several times due to conflicts with others as well as stepped down in coding. now i dont want a flame war alex. yes stuff still has to be fixed and it will be. but i want no more arguing. this version is official. end of discussion.

May 30, 2014, 03:00:22 AM
Reply #24

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2014, 03:00:22 AM »
Quote from: "LordDamager"
this version is official since ive gotten permission from other members. you dont get to dictate whats real or not since you've left several times due to conflicts with others as well as stepped down in coding. now i dont want a flame war alex. yes stuff still has to be fixed and it will be. but i want no more arguing. this version is official. end of discussion.

I still code, and you're the one dictating. I clearly remember only one person saying anything that would make you think they were saying yes, when they were only making a point. Meanwhile, two of us were trying to stop you so we could fix some stuff in the mod. The only two coders that were online, me and Light, were trying to stop you from releasing OUR work. When one user acts on their own impatience and free will, that's when democracy becomes anarchy. No one actually voted, but two of us were trying as hard as we could to prevent you from releasing this.

Also, in the chat, you said that if we were together there wouldn't be certain problems. Now, let me tell you, all of said problems (Jen hating you, [Redacted] leaving) were caused by YOU. And I thought giving you a THIRD chance as a friend and dev team member was a good idea somehow. I'm sorry, pal, but you really need to get under control. I'm so full of emotion; I feel shame, rage, sorrow, and betrayal.

Please, why don't you just listen to anyone? Why do you have to play dictator? Why do you have to make up your own world? Why, LD, why? This chaos you cause will ultimately bring down this mod that me, Neo, and Light are working so hard on........

May 30, 2014, 03:09:52 AM
Reply #25

Offline Zard1084

• Donator

• The world is pain...
  • Date Registered: August 24, 2012, 11:25:00 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Zard1084
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 03:09:52 AM »
On a more productive Note. i'll give my current opinion on the state of some classes.
First and foremost Neo is still friggen OP as all hell and Bubble Lord is a close second Damage output wise and Lord Damager wins Troll Tank Award
the classes i liked so far are Regina and Babel and Hero
I couldn't even really get any good use out of Toastman its just awkward to use
i need to play around with this some more to get a better understanding of the classes.

May 30, 2014, 12:35:11 PM
Reply #26

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »
Sigh. Well, back to work. I made a hotfix.

Changelog:
(click to show/hide)

If anyone finds more problems  to fix, please tell me.

You can download the hotfix here.

May 30, 2014, 12:44:15 PM
Reply #27

Offline Trimagus1

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 12, 2014, 06:15:30 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »
Hi! OtakuAlex

May 30, 2014, 01:29:52 PM
Reply #28

Offline BlackEmperorJet

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »
Wow.... And I thought I could believe the guy.... I'm really sorry about LD. I should have asked to meet you guys and talk about this. maybe then i could have helped stop LD. I'd actually love to help with this project in any way I possibly can. I can PM you guys my skype and see if I can do anything at all if it helps this project. as i do like the concept of it. Though sometimes i may get occupied with the Freedom Planet beta. XD

But in all seriousness, if there's anyway i can help you guys, just let me know. i want to try working on classes and such. It should also help me with getting to know these sorts of things should i ever want to make up my own ideas for MM8BDM in general.

May 30, 2014, 02:06:41 PM
Reply #29

Offline OtakuAlex

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2014, 02:06:41 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that NOW we can accept stuff since what we needed to get in the official release is now in the hotfix.

Also, I'd be chill with you helping out. Especially since there are times where I'm the only coder online or everyone is doing something else. We'd have to do a vote for you/your class getting in later, though. I guess we'll do the vote when there's at least 4 people actually paying attention to the Skype chat.