Advanced Search

Author Topic: The UNOFFICIAL Roboenza Guide V2  (Read 26001 times)

December 29, 2010, 07:47:02 PM
Reply #90

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
Re: The UNOFFICIAL Roboenza Guide V2
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2010, 07:47:02 PM »
....I'm scared....

December 30, 2010, 01:49:14 AM
Reply #91

Offline Prosecutor Godot

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 26, 2010, 02:59:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2010, 01:49:14 AM »
Your audio files aren't playing on my computer, Yoshi. Am I missing something on my computer?

December 30, 2010, 03:23:37 AM
Reply #92

Offline Camo Yoshi

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 19, 2010, 07:55:43 AM

• View Profile
    • http://camoyoshi.antiblog.com
« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2010, 03:23:37 AM »
Any .WAV player will work... works fine with http://foobar2000.org though.

December 30, 2010, 04:32:46 AM
Reply #93

Offline Captain Barlowe

• Warrior

• hell
  • Date Registered: December 10, 2010, 03:46:43 AM

• View Profile
    • ness
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2010, 04:32:46 AM »
*You find a videotape in Bass Colisseum. Curious, you decide to play the tape.*

"Don't stop me now! I'm havin such a good time, I'm havin a ba-" *music stops*

Sorry about that, I tend to get bored while surviving this zombie apocalypse.

Anyways, Enker here again. I just recently caught up with an old friend, Elec Man. Man, when I remember when we had to work together in Wily's so-called revenge against Mega Man, those were the days. Dr. Light was also with this group and a couple of humans that were described in one of Elec Man audiotapes he made. After being shut down and reprogrammed NOT to attack Mega Man (Due to Wily's stupid programming forcing me to due so) I joined the group. But enough of that. Now for some survival tips that I've learned along the way.

Use your terrain to your advantage. Zombies apparently don't like high places. High places are great for survivors, as it takes a while for a zombie to get to you. With a shield weapon such as Star Crash- zombies will never touch you.

Try to find a place that you can see all sides around you, as you will lessen the chance of being ninja'd from behind by a zombie. Being ninja'd by a zombie is a feared tactic, as you really can't see behind you and they'll get you by surprise.

Try not to be out in the open. You have more sides to watch out for, Zombies can easily spot you, and gang up on you. Both Gutsman stage and Cutman's are noctorius for this, as both stages are too open. Best to stay near a corner or a high place.

Finally, AVOID TELEPORTERS LIKE THE PLAGUE. I've seen so many survivors go into a teleporter and get "telefragged" by a zombie or a nearby survivor. I've also seen people use "that weapon" to trap Zombies, and I've seen survivor's trapped instead of zombies. Zombies also LOVE to camp near teleporters, infecting anyone who uses it. Best to avoid them and seek an alternate route.

Best be off now. Light's gonna see if he can find something to help with the roboenza cure, as to check if Wily installed any software on me to combat this plague.

Until then, I'm off.

*end transmission*

December 30, 2010, 12:30:45 PM
Reply #94

Offline Flandre Scarlet

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 09, 2010, 12:26:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »
The one writing this is a zombie. I were the first zombie ever to be created - Making me invincible, and allowing me to have intelligence. I am writing this for I have hatred of robots, and I would like to give to the zombies that still can read some help to infect these robots.

If you're the leader zombie, search for people in annoying camping spots. Its ridiculous how most zombie hordes fail because of ONE person. If you make campers join your horde first, It will be way easier to spread chaos.

USE TEAMWORK. I've seen many people blindly seeking ONE survivor with no strategy. If the Survivor's in a enclosed place, place yourself in the entrance of the place while your helpers go after him, making him unable to escape. At that place, Knightman's Castle, In the area with two ladders, one going to the right and the other one going to the left, if the survivor goes for the one in the right, run to the end of the place and you'll see two stairs. Take the one in the right FAST, and you'll be able to get the survivor if it works. You will be able to think more about this through time.

If someone spams a weapon, I discovered that, If we walk to him backwards, the knockback of the weapon helps you get closer to the survivor, but its terrible to aim this. But, it works to make the survivors leave a certain place when they're spamming weapons, like the teleporter room in Fireman - Just be careful of the Lava pit.

The only problem is with Metal man's stage. However, I've heard of a micro-chip that certain people possess called OpenGL. If you can somehow obtain this, you're good to go.

The Charge kick. A quite annoying weapon. However, If the horde can lead him to a corner, he'll try to jump - so, the correct thing to do is - A group of zombies follow him, and another group follow him slightly behind the first group. If he try to jump over the first group, he's likely to be caught by the other group.
I am still alive because we zombies only start heating up when there is a survivor around. The anger in our hearts power this. Oooh.. I feel the anger! Yes! There is someone around! May this help any of the zombies in need.

December 30, 2010, 07:10:44 PM
Reply #95

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2010, 07:10:44 PM »
Based on what I experienced (both as a player or as spectator), here goes a small guide of what to do or not:

Survivor:
Do:
Use long and medium range weapons to assist other survivors
Try to hide from sight
Keep barriers for emergency
Use Item 1 to trap infects or to block their path
Charge Kick is your best friend in a run away situation.
Camp behind teleporters

Don't:
Camp with more than one survivor (One supporter is good. two is unneeded, three is asking to be infected in mass)
Stay close to a lagging player (Seriously, you will regret doing so)
Try to Crowd Surf against infecteds (Fun, but dangerous)
Camp in narrow places (Geminiman's stage has that)
Form towers (If one fail, all others will fail too)
Try to telefrag (It can be a trap!)
Use teleporters without ensuring that no infect is camping there.
Flock around with other survivors (A few is OK, but when too many gather, you are given no space to evade a claw at your face)
And, the most important: NEVER USE THE DAMNED TOP SPIN! Never works when you need.

Infected:
Do:
Telecamp (Unless you are first infect) with up to three other infects.
Abuse of the claw length (You can easily tag two players with it)
Abuse of the claw height (Now you see why tower of survivors was a bad idea?)
Stalk a lone player (Those that are alone may be easy to tag)
Pretend you didn't see someone going to hide, but go for it two seconds later.
Put the "First Infect's Recoillessness" to good use.
Tag the players with lowest ping
Flock together but leave a fair distance, just so the survivors can't Crowd Surf

Don't:
Sit still in plain sight (Rarely works and makes you an easy target).
Try to hide (It is impossible, face it)
Go after a flock of survivors alone (That's suicide!)
Play with jump pads (They are our worst enemy!)
Try to telefrag (Specially if you are first infect, because you can get trapped and then you are done for)
Get close to someone with Skull Barrier colors (That is most likely a trap!)

December 30, 2010, 07:31:49 PM
Reply #96

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 30, 2010, 07:31:49 PM »
C: AUDIO FILE OPENED

The Great Epic Kirby once again!
All you people listening better not be infected....but if you were you would not be listening to this would you?

exactly

Anyway as I said before I was investigating Wily's Castle for Clues...and what I saw was a shock.
All his castles
Empty
EMPTY
Though I did meet up with Renegade....and some robot just shooting other people for fun!
What a Jerk!
If there are zombies on the loose you DON'T shoot fellow survivors

He might have been infected later....

Anyway back to Wily.
I haven't seen him again since I saw him on the boat....but there were Zombies at his castles so here are a few tips to survive in Wily's Castle

Wily Castle 1
Now Sadly I don't have many tips for this one....I say don't hide in one of the halls with a dead end. A infected can come in the halls and you can't get out....

Wily Castle 2.
Now for this one there are 2 part. Land and Underwater, If your on Land I would always be on the move....or in one of the 4 corners but if you see a infected coming towards you MOVE! you won't have room to jump.
If your underwater DON'T BE UNDER A DIVING AREA A ZOMIBE CAN JUST DIVE DOWN AND GET YOU! It is better to stay in the corner (better with 2 or 3 people) and if you see a zombie blast away! but keep aware of both sides.

Skull Castle Outside
Since this is a very open area it is best to keep your eye on the infected if there is only 1. If more still keep an eye out for as many but turn around sometimes they could be chasing you.

Skull Castle Interior
Sadly Once again not much tips except
DON'T
USE
THE
TELEPORTER
I've seen it happen a robot use a teleporter only to be greeted by a fellow infected....a sad sight

Well I still need to figure out what is up with Wily so I'll get back to you!

Epic Kirby out!

Audio File Closed

December 30, 2010, 08:57:24 PM
Reply #97

Offline MLDKF

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 04, 2010, 03:08:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2010, 08:57:24 PM »
You see a journal where the Mirror Buster is in Mr. X's stage.

"It's Elec Man again. While Dr. Light has been trying to find a way to cure the robots, we've been trying to see if any more survivors can help us. As Enker said earlier, he and I met up earlier. I was surprised he was alive. I didn't know any of the Mega Man killers were alive. I wonder if Ballade, Punk, or Quint are alive still. We also met up with a cute little Met. As opposed to Renegade's group of Mets, this one seemed rather intelligent. Finally, we met up with Flandre's sister Remillia. I was surprised about how our group was growing. But we still had to be careful. Until then, I have some more info to help.

First off, it seems that Metal Man's arena is infamous for one small section being a survivors paradise. Near where Quick Man's weapon is, there's a small gap in between the gears, barely big enough for you to get through. Especially if you use Pharaoh Man's weapon. However, as good as this might seem, it's very cheap. But this is a war, and all's fair in love and war as they say.

Second, if you head outside in Napalm Man's arena, another infamous trick of survival is hiding up in the trees if you have any of those Platform Items, or Rush. As expected, any zombie would try to climb the tree, but there's three things that they suffer from in doing this. 1. There open to attack, so they can get attacked by a survivor on the ground, while trying to get to the top. 2. Even if there's no survivors on the ground attacking, sometimes the one in the tree can still attack them. 3. Probably the biggest flaw for zombies is that no matter how high they climb, they can't get to any survivors. How is it that those animals that Buster Rod G. looks like can climb up there, but robots can't?

Anyway, that's all the info for now. I'll talk more when I can.

December 31, 2010, 01:30:52 AM
Reply #98

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2010, 01:30:52 AM »
Gah Epic Kirby Here but I have a real quick Pro Tip for you all before I need to go again

Don't Do this

(click to show/hide)

Cause You will Die

And Now I need to go cause Zombies are JERKS!!!
*sounds of bombs are heard*

January 04, 2011, 04:52:19 AM
Reply #99

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: January 02, 2011, 07:12:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MizoretiRandemz?feature=mhum
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2011, 04:52:19 AM »
After sprinting away from the infected group of survivors you joined, you find a teleport pad to Dark Man Castle.

By the steeple of the look-out tower, you notice a overheated corpse of a Infected Horde, and in the grasp , a leather-bound book and recorder.

1/3/11 20XX

BZZZCKZZZZCRK -- " Er.. Shit. Okay. This is Reploid Dash, Service Series //R4ND3M2. I have barely survived a outbreak that occurred in Tomahawk Man's controlled living zone. Remnants of a half-deactivated reploid infected our leader of the group, and the entire pack excluding myself was effectively exterminated. Because I was holding the heavy-duty weapons of the Megaman Killers, I used the Ballade Cracker to first kill off any "Legion" Infected.

I then escaped into the enclosed space of the Gemini Laser storage area, and used the ability of reflection and infraction off the walls to kill off any infected luring the halls, which is when I found the teleport chamber. However, I couldn't allow the more intelligent members of the horde to find it, and wait for me to return to infect me. I used a ploy of coming into the open to draw out stray legion, and the Original Infected, or as I come to call them: "  The Roboneza Nightmare. "

Beforehand, I grabbed the resource of the Power Stone, hidden on a high ledge to take out the ones that followed closer after me, while momentarily finding higher ground or creating distance before using the Super Arm I scavenged. I also found a Water Wave capsule, and used it from a higher ground to force a shutdown of the bots following me into a bottleneck.

Drill Bombs that I picked off a shutdown reploid were perfect for clearing a path around corners, blowing the Legion to pieces. Other projectile explosive weapons like the Hyper and Crash Bombs were well as serving as deterrents and kill weapons in the case of escape and survival. The Screw Crusher was also as well useful in the case of having to face the horde, or running from them.

Weapons like Star Crush were effective, but only in some cases of keep-away. Close range weapons that usually would end reploids well in a usual style of combat do not work well on Legion and Roboneza Nightmares, but on rare occasion they do sap enough out of the hardened heated shell that is trademark of the Infected that I am able to end them with other weapons. I-- "

Noises were heard from the teleporter, and clattering is heard as the journal is shut hastily. Air passing by the microphone is heard, then stop abruptly, followed by sounds of clanking and Ballade Cracker charges being fired. Louder, audible chatter can be heard from behind, increasing as Crackers make contact with the object being fired upon.

" Shit! They've found me. I'll make contact again when possible! This is Dash//R4ND3MZ!" BZZZ-CKT.

After hearing the tape, you notice arrows scribbled into the debris by a Ice Slasher attack. You follow them, hoping they will lead to salvation from the hell you've escaped.

January 06, 2011, 05:32:25 AM
Reply #100

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2011, 05:32:25 AM »
File Photo #1: Rare Unaggressive Zombie?
(click to show/hide)
This rare, unaggressive zombie has been sighted in Dr Mikhail Cossack's fortress. Oddly enough, it didn't attack us... Until someone was fool enough to provoke her/him/it. Usually they spawn the title "Bunny Must Die Yo" and hops about the area... That is, until someone provokes their anger. That was the last picture I could take before the emergency teleport system saved me.

January 06, 2011, 04:16:45 PM
Reply #101

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2011, 04:16:45 PM »
Your crosshair is so weird

January 06, 2011, 07:08:41 PM
Reply #102

Offline RenegadeX5

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 22, 2010, 04:42:03 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2011, 07:08:41 PM »
It's a modified one designed to be a CAMERA.

and I rather enjoy the 'realistic' touch.

January 06, 2011, 08:11:21 PM
Reply #103

Offline TERRORsphere

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 22, 2009, 08:45:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/DoomThroughDoom
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2011, 08:11:21 PM »
Why don't you enable centred messages in the display options so that all messages (including chat messages) and displayed in the centre because your crosshair gets in the way of it :x

January 06, 2011, 08:34:20 PM
Reply #104

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2011, 08:34:20 PM »
Quote from: "DoomThroughDoom"
Why don't you enable centred messages in the display options so that all messages (including chat messages) and displayed in the centre because your crosshair gets in the way of it :x
'cuz I can't see the messages if I do that... T_T (It's as if my mind is set to never read much of the text in the center of the screen.)

Edit: If I ever do the bindings right, I can try and bind PrintScreen to remove messages of any nature from the screen, capture and then reactivate the messages. I'll look around for any other advanced screenshooting method, meanwhile.

EDIT 2: With this Skulltag Expansion, I can finally take pictures of the best moments with little to no "garbage".

Aaaaand...

File Photo #2: Never abuse of exploits
(click to show/hide)
Here we see what happens to someone who didn't expect to be first infected with Roboenza... Oh, you don't see him? Mind it that he is grinding his gears... And that is why you must NEVER resort to exploits: it only ends in tears!