Advanced Search

Author Topic: Mega Man 11  (Read 11858 times)

December 04, 2017, 09:16:59 PM
Read 11858 times

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

• View Profile
    • http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mega_Storm/index/
Mega Man 11
« on: December 04, 2017, 09:16:59 PM »

Guys, it's happening.

Looks neat, I'm quite glad they're going with a 3D artstyle this time, I hope it turns out well. Seems they might have some interesting mechanics.

December 04, 2017, 10:18:06 PM
Reply #1

Offline Smunch

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 28, 2010, 04:11:16 AM

• View Profile
Re: Mega Man 11
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 10:18:06 PM »
I'll pop out of the woodworks just to say:

I'm hyped.  And fully ready to be disappointed if necessary, but still hyped.

December 05, 2017, 02:13:51 AM
Reply #2

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yeah call us, we'll be drunk!
  • Date Registered: November 23, 2011, 03:40:05 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 02:13:51 AM »
And fully ready to be disappointed if necessary, but still hyped.

I was fully ready to be disappointed as soon as I saw the ugly graphics smh.

Tbh I'm expecting this to end up like how Sonic 4 got, we should've taken the warning by the really badly rendered 3D models instead of hand drawn graphics like the older games.

December 05, 2017, 02:56:13 AM
Reply #3

Offline ZipZap

• Standard Member

• M a s t e r s O f S c i e n c e
  • Date Registered: November 19, 2016, 02:13:43 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 02:56:13 AM »
i'm so happy we're not getting a romhack of megaman 2 :,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,)
(click to show/hide)

December 05, 2017, 04:48:22 AM
Reply #4

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 04:48:22 AM »
I really like the art style. Sort of a weird combo of Mega Man 7 and Powered Up.

The voice can go off and die, though.

December 05, 2017, 06:00:57 AM
Reply #5

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 06:00:57 AM »
Cautious optimism. Everyone thought Mighty No. 9 was gonna be hot shit and then it fell flat on its mighty face right out of the gate.

Initial impressions are really good. The environments are gorgeous and the enemy designs seem quite faithful. The control even looks to be much the same as in previous games, as though it wasn't inhibited by the jump to 3D visuals. The only thing that strikes me as weird is the running animation; it looks sort of stiff and floaty compared to everything else.

I think this was the way to go. Since his appearance in Smash Bros, I had felt like 2.5D would lend itself well to a new Mega Man game. Frankly, I'm just glad to see they opted out of the 8-bit shtick this time.

Of course, since Capcom seems to be taking the reins this time, we just have to hope they don't end up cancelling it for any reason.

December 10, 2017, 04:14:35 PM
Reply #6

Offline Thunderj67

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 10, 2017, 04:10:09 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 04:14:35 PM »
Everyone, let us not forget; They still have a year to fully develop it.

April 20, 2018, 11:41:13 PM
Reply #7

Offline Vladrome

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 20, 2018, 11:23:57 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2018, 11:41:13 PM »
After the game got announced, I immediately went to my desk to start making a robot master that I want to send to Capcom for this game.
His name is Glass Man, And please tell me it's a brand new robot master that I can suggest to be one of the villains of Mega Man 11. :)

April 29, 2018, 02:22:40 PM
Reply #8

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

• View Profile
    • http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mega_Storm/index/
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2018, 02:22:40 PM »
After the game got announced, I immediately went to my desk to start making a robot master that I want to send to Capcom for this game.
His name is Glass Man, And please tell me it's a brand new robot master that I can suggest to be one of the villains of Mega Man 11. :)

I do believe there is not a Glass Man, however I'm pretty sure they already designed the Robot Masters for the game by this point.

May 29, 2018, 07:49:17 PM
Reply #9

Offline Dogcheese

• Standard Member

• My Light is Brilliant
  • Date Registered: May 29, 2018, 07:41:36 PM

• View Profile
    • my site
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2018, 07:49:17 PM »
i was just informed of this games existence and came back to this dead forum to share my opinion, the game looks decent, hopefully the voice acting is mutable, but other than that im hype. also if capcum doesnt release a pc port they've lost their mind. check out this new trailer

and this other trailer i found (WARNING SUPER RARE)

August 31, 2018, 09:19:25 PM
Reply #10

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2018, 09:19:25 PM »
They just announced Sakugarne the Robot Master. ;)

But...why is there no apparent hype for Mega Man 11 on Cutstuff anymore? That's just sad...

September 01, 2018, 01:38:47 AM
Reply #11

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2018, 01:38:47 AM »
I don't do a lot of posting here (often times just because I forget the forums exist until muscle memory just has me typing "cutstuff" in my search bar), but I assure you that I've been ecstatic and hyped to the moon ever since its reveal back in... December?

This looks like the game I've been waiting eight years for. My favorite game of all time has always been and likely will always be Mega Man 9, and living in a reality where the series is progressing long past it is heartwarming and incredible for me. We've got like a month left, right? I can't wait.

My favorite master so far is Blast Man, I love his cheeky grin and his over the top attitude and how non-standard he is in comparison to other bomb-type robot masters. I'm really excited to get to know the ice master and the bio? master too, they seem like they're incredible.

September 01, 2018, 11:07:51 AM
Reply #12

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2018, 11:07:51 AM »
Gotta hand it to those who bought the Legacy Collections.

"Hamma! Pulverrrize!", "Transformation, engage!" - Impact Boi 2018
I just love Sakugarne Senior.

Anyway...I wonder if we will get any other trailers, honestly. All the revealed Robit Mastas so far ruled over the environments that were already seen in trailers, meaning any new reveals now would show brand new, never-before seen places. Makes me think that they might wanna keep some degree of discovery for the final release. Speaking of such, I imagine the icy level to be like the Tundra in Monster Hunter Tri, but a heck lot more beautiful, with shining surfaces and sparkles everywhere. Mega Man would alternate between the cold snowland outside and an ice cave so sparkly it'd be "truly outrageous".........ahem, anyway, I wonder what the "Fun"-type Robot Master is really about. Maybe his weapon is a bit like the Chaos Sphere from Shovel Knight. That oughta be a fun weapon. Finally, the green biker visor dude just...appeals to me. He's gonna be a fun one, I can tell...
So, there those are my thoughts. Up until now we've had: totally not ColdMan's cousin, ElecMan's lanky bruda, Axl from Megaman X, AkuMagma Dragoon (secretly Smokey the bear) and Dracula-voiced Pike boi.

I do wonder how any of that could get into MM8BDM...That would be the most difficult task the dev team would ever face. MM10 and MMV will be smooth to make as there's already a good amount of (Cut)stuff done on those (skins, tiles, weapons, bots...) and, frankly, they've worked on veeeery similar stuff before, they can do it again. But, that's easy work, and considering the state the game development is in...Also, how would they implement the Double-Gear system? It's an essential part of Mega Man 11! They can't just pass it up. So, maybe as an item? That would just be clunky what with all the other items in the game. As a new gameplay mechanic? Interesting, but is it doable? Most likely, it'll simply end up as a story element, like the final boss using that technology to power themselves up. No matter what, it's a certainty that people will make skins, bots, who knows, weapons, and maybe even a map! Classes, I can definitely see happen, and with the Double-Gear system implemented to boot! Imagine playing as Block Man and activating your Power Gear with the item button, and bam! You're a giant Golem Bot! Of course, it'd have disadvantages and you wouldn't be able to spam such a powerful ability. I picture both JC and CBM using that mechanic.
To end it off, I'm going to be honest, I don't like Mega Man. At least not for it's gameplay. The thing that I enjoy in these games is the story, but the story that's being told through the gameplay. Learning more about the world and how it functions is the most exciting part of this franchise. I can say without any fear, that MM11 will deliver. Should I ever play it (I can't buy whatever I want, unfortunately) I'm sure to enjoy replaying it again, and again, and again!

One last thing actually. I just thought of this idea. An idea that would be greatly appreciated by all fans. A mini 8-bit demake of the game. Not like a full demake like 7 FC and 8 FC but more like that minigame in ZX Advent where you play a super bare-bones, 8-bit rendition of the game. Something that would last less than an hour, but that would though as all heck. The levels would be criminally small, but intense. and everything would be here, 8-bit assets, 8-bit bosses, 8-bit weapons, 8-bit music...The 8 Robot Master levels and a Wily stage would be enough. I could see such a thing be DLC, sold at a low price and/or that you could also unlock by, I don't know, beating all the challenges or something...
That'll be all for me. So! What do you people think?

September 23, 2018, 01:13:30 PM
Reply #13

Offline MicaelHD

• Standard Member

• I'm really FEEELLIIIIIIINNGGGGGG IIIIITTT
  • Date Registered: September 05, 2016, 09:09:57 PM

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2018, 01:13:30 PM »
All I understood is that you made a review of the Robot Masters that were revealed in that date, you didn't wanna play Megaman 11, then you wanted to play Megaman 11, you were seeing how to add MM11 to MM8BDM, you didn't like Megaman and then, suddenly, you liked it.

September 24, 2018, 04:39:09 AM
Reply #14

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2018, 04:39:09 AM »
What? No! That's not what I meant...
Also...I wrote this, like, 3 weeks ago, stuff has happened...
Geez, I just wanted to share my opinion...