Advanced Search

Author Topic: CF's Small Skin Shop - Lightning Strikes!  (Read 68480 times)

August 27, 2013, 02:26:20 AM
Reply #135

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
Re: CF's Small Skin Shop - Rockmen R Music
« Reply #135 on: August 27, 2013, 02:26:20 AM »
Hey guys, I got another thing for you!  No, it's not my skin competition skin getting released early, stop dashing towards the Download button.

I recently picked up and played (And beat) Rockmen R:  Dr. Wily's Counterattack.  Couldn't help but notice that all the OST was lying loose in the download package, so I grabbed everything that looked like it could be considered a song and stuffed it into a music pack.
Note that the game's music is not 8-bit and some tracks are arguably unfitting to a Mega Man game.  If you're unfamiliar with Rockmen R's OST, this YouTuber has videos of himself playing the whole game through, which by extension also has the music.
This is also a rather large music pack, with the songs being saved in .mp3 format, some lengthier than others.  Should you actually still want it, here are the codes and download link.
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD
If someone else could compress the size of this music pack (Or just make 8-Bit covers for the whole OST—*Dodges bullet*) I would be overjoyed.

August 27, 2013, 07:46:25 AM
Reply #136

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 27, 2013, 07:46:25 AM »
Wasn't that the game that was (apparently) C&D'd by Capcom because the author was selling it?

August 27, 2013, 10:43:27 AM
Reply #137

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 27, 2013, 10:43:27 AM »
Quote from: "Beed28"
Wasn't that the game that was (apparently) C&D'd by Capcom because the author was selling it?
That'd be the one (Though in truth the game wasn't good enough to be sold)!  Given its state, I consider it like any other free fangame.

September 02, 2013, 04:13:07 PM
Reply #138

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: CF's Small Skin Shop - Rhythm Redux
« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2013, 04:13:07 PM »
A while ago, after much pestering from his peers, the creator of Bass Comic Adventures gave Rhythm (And, if you've noticed, Bass as well) a new appearance to change them up from being simple Mega Man edits while still having a body structure similar to the Mega Man they were based upon.  In light of this, I've updated Rhythm's MM8BDM skin.  Didn't bother to take any screenshot previews of this, but the new skin effectively looks like this.

September 02, 2013, 06:25:41 PM
Reply #139

Offline ZeStopper

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 04:06:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh
Re: CF's Small Skin Shop - Rhythm Redux
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2013, 06:25:41 PM »
Oh, wait
I didn't notice he changed.

September 10, 2013, 08:27:13 PM
Reply #140

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: CF's Small Skin Shop - Proto-Spring Release
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2013, 08:27:13 PM »
At some people's request, I'm releasing the Proto-Spring skin.
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD

If those walking frames were a fish, they would be a very ugly fish.  If Spring-Man ever gets some walking frames that don't suck, please let me know so I can fix up Proto-Spring's godawful walk cycles!

Who are the three people lurking in the Incomplete box perhaps perpetually?  We may never know for sure~!

September 10, 2013, 11:00:11 PM
Reply #141

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2013, 11:00:11 PM »
middle guy is so totally query man 2.0

April 18, 2014, 07:49:21 PM
Reply #142

Offline NinjaDude

• Standard Member

• Tsugi ni omae wa, "what a fool!" to iu!
  • Date Registered: April 10, 2014, 08:15:18 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2014, 07:49:21 PM »
Make Demoman,Sniper,Medic and Pyro!

April 18, 2014, 08:35:38 PM
Reply #143

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2014, 08:35:38 PM »
While I'm touched you decided to bump my thread...please read the fine print next time.  Those skins are the property of Yellow Devil (I made the bots, which is why they're on my download page).  YD himself despises those TF2 skins now, and, to be quite frank, I don't quite see the appeal in them either.

I have no interest in making the rest of the TF2 cast (Nor skinning in general these days, it seems), even less so in making them lazy edits like the rest of the cast was.

July 20, 2014, 03:32:11 AM
Reply #144

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: CF's Small Skin Shop - Shovel Knight Music Pack
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2014, 03:32:11 AM »
Hey, guys.  Yeah, it's me again.  No, I'm not making something dumb this time...in fact, this time, I think I've dug up something you're going to enjoy quite a lot.  ...Hahahaha, ha ha, ha.  "dug up."  I fell myself.

Shovel Knight Music Pack
This game is still relevant, right?  Straight from the OST download, which can be obtained for free (Since there is no minimum price on the Bandcamp).  This was my first time trimming songs to get better loops; I'm sorry if they still suck, but I thought even my subpar, inexperienced job would be preferable to the fade-out in the original album.  The song code list is below, in what's more or less the order you hear them in-game:
(click to show/hide)
Download for SHOVEL JUSTICE!
No, I'm not trying to pretend I'm still relevant.  I know I'm not.

July 20, 2014, 05:09:55 AM
Reply #145

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2014, 05:09:55 AM »
I would have used the NSF and NSF Importer for Famitracker personally.
I guess this is pretty nice though, it could have been compressed a bit better.

I sincerely hope you aren't expecting credit for other people using these songs but their own loops of said songs.

July 20, 2014, 01:31:15 PM
Reply #146

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2014, 01:31:15 PM »
Quote from: "Lego"
I would have used the NSF and NSF Importer for Famitracker personally.
I guess this is pretty nice though, it could have been compressed a bit better.

I sincerely hope you aren't expecting credit for other people using these songs but their own loops of said songs.
I probably could've, but it was more headache than I was willing to deal with.  I'd already spent what amounts to an entire day on this anyway.

And honestly, if you go and make a better edition of this music pack, I expect nothing more than a metaphorical slap to the face.  For one, you'll have done all the work yourself on that; and for two, I know some of these loops aren't quite as good as they could be (Namely, off the top of my head, Treasure Knight's Stage, Mole Knight's Battle, Tinker Knight's Battle - Form 2).  Heck, if someone makes a better version of this music pack, I'll probably use it in favor of my own.

July 20, 2014, 04:01:31 PM
Reply #147

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2014, 04:01:31 PM »
No like
Some people have made loops of certain songs already.
An Underlying Problem and Claws of Fate [Mole Knight stage and boss] were already looped by Dr. Freeman for the Mapping Jam, I had already made loops of Fighting With All Our Might and High Above the Land [Propeller Knight stage] for my own map pack, and Cutman Mike looped La Danse Macabre [Specter Knight stage] for his port of gvh22.

I'm just saying that if people decide to loop certain songs themselves, I hope you don't expect credit for it.

September 12, 2014, 09:36:19 PM
Reply #148

Offline skully

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 18, 2011, 06:11:17 AM

• View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/dryfclr5
« Reply #148 on: September 12, 2014, 09:36:19 PM »
Heh, i guess your SK music pack is more complete :P
Well, i DID just put the official music together, just for conveniece's sake.

December 09, 2016, 07:35:58 PM
Reply #149

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: CF's Small Skin Shop - Lightning Strikes!
« Reply #149 on: December 09, 2016, 07:35:58 PM »
Hey, guys.  Been a while since I've made a skin.  Or...done anything in relation to this community, really.  But I wouldn't be bumping this thread if I didn't have one for you.

Remember when I tried "spearheading" a Rokko Chan expansion pack, but did absolutely none of the work?  Like, not even skins or anything, the one thing I was capable of doing back then?  Yeah, I still feel pretty bad about that.
And I realize it's far too little and far too late now, but I decided to take a crack at at least one of the three skins that hadn't been made.
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD
It's just the skin, I'm afraid.  I'd package the botchat I made to go with him, but...I legitimately have no idea where my Rokko Chan botchats went.  I've scoured my computer and I can't find them anywhere.

I kind of want to do Rolling-Man and Hockey-Man just to finish off the set, but I still have no idea what to do about Rolling-Man's walk cycle and Hockey-Man might still be beyond my skill level.  Ah, well.  It's not like anyone cares anyway.

Oh, and that guy attempting to make a Mega Man Rocks expansion pack got in touch with me, and I don't know how far he'll make it...but in case he does make it, I decided to redux my old Snow-Man skin for him.  It was one of my first skins I made and I was still pretty ass at spriting back then, so...yeah.
(click to show/hide)
DOWNLOAD