Advanced Search

Author Topic: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes  (Read 152443 times)

October 24, 2009, 07:40:07 AM
Reply #30

Anonymous

Re: YOUR ideas for Ghoul and Human classes
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2009, 07:40:07 AM »
[idea removed  :p ]

October 24, 2009, 07:24:54 PM
Reply #31

Offline Major Cooke

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 20, 2009, 03:50:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2009, 07:24:54 PM »
Okay, I get your point Wartorn. Those kinds do have huge flaws and are quite tacky...

Also, Abbagoochie is... The name is hilarious but unfortunately, the ghouls in Cutman's are all made from souls from humans who desire revenge, or have gone to Hell basically. Animal ghouls don't seem right. Plus, he won't fit any of the maps forthcoming because the only actors that are around... are props. No monsters, no ammo, just a level with detail, some spawn points, and off we go. Might be suitable for a different ghoul's forest though.

And no more strife classes please, Pucy. The cyborg is enough. The Strife Helmet is absolute crap.

October 25, 2009, 12:56:02 AM
Reply #32

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2009, 12:56:02 AM »
Quote from: "Major Cooke"
Okay, I get your point Wartorn. Those kinds do have huge flaws and are quite tacky...

Also, Abbagoochie is... The name is hilarious but unfortunately, the ghouls in Cutman's are all made from souls from humans who desire revenge, or have gone to Hell basically. Animal ghouls don't seem right. Plus, he won't fit any of the maps forthcoming because the only actors that are around... are props. No monsters, no ammo, just a level with detail, some spawn points, and off we go. Might be suitable for a different ghoul's forest though.

And no more strife classes please, Pucy. The cyborg is enough. The Strife Helmet is absolute crap.

I understand  :p .

I was still in the thinking of Ghoul Forest 1&2, when it was still a hilarious joke wad. I'm still too scared to play the third  :oops: .

Ever thought of putting the exorcist girl into the act?

October 25, 2009, 01:38:29 AM
Reply #33

Offline Major Cooke

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2009, 01:38:29 AM »
Here's a tip: give invulnerabilitysphere

Doesn't work on the Creeper though, because he uses ACS to kill you like Yurei.

Samara is far scarier, with the way she is in GVH at the moment... Ugh I hate her so...

October 25, 2009, 07:25:43 AM
Reply #34

Offline Frits

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 01, 2009, 02:21:34 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2009, 07:25:43 AM »
Here's a tip: give invulnerabilitysphere

Doesn't work on the Creeper though, because he uses ACS to kill you like Yurei.

Samara is far scarier, with the way she is in GVH at the moment... Ugh I hate her so...

I thought the creeper telefragged you.

October 25, 2009, 11:40:38 AM
Reply #35

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2009, 11:40:38 AM »

October 25, 2009, 11:43:10 AM
Reply #36

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2009, 11:43:10 AM »

October 25, 2009, 08:16:48 PM
Reply #37

Offline Major Cooke

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »
Quote from: "pucy100"
yea, i know in gf3, you will be killed by creeper or yurei even in god mode or/and invulnerability sphere because i saw with XWE, yurei attack does 99999 damage but on creeper i saw on youtube will not be killed if you have 200 hp and 200 ap (megasphere will protect you) :-|

Newp. Doesn't work. ACS runs DamageThing which will kill you unless you have one of the latest versions of Zdoom which changes the mechanics of God mode, making you truly invulnerable.

However, it still kills you anyway. Even if you have say 666 health and 666 armor (thinking Arsenal here), you still die.

October 26, 2009, 04:48:10 PM
Reply #38

Offline Lighting

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 15, 2009, 03:51:17 PM

• View Profile
    • http://ffcolosseum.foros.ws
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 04:48:10 PM »
Is this the ghoul vs humans discusion topic? wtf

Well, I didn't do a character, but I did the sprites of a weapon, I sended them to cutmanmike, It took me about 10 minutes to do the weapon's sprites, but I think that they just need a buit of photo shop to being a good weapon, that a good human could use, a heavy type, or the new cyborg could use it

October 26, 2009, 05:59:45 PM
Reply #39

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 05:59:45 PM »
What is it's name?
Anomaly

What is it's story?
He is a technological nightmare of computers, created from a mix of Yurei's dark aura, UAC's Data Processing Information Unit (UAC's Lab computers), and a soul of an employee that's been reported MIA during the phobos invasion. From the depts of an old warehouse, in an old abandon district of UAC's abandon base (A level on GVH that we may have all seen), a computer boots itself up and something oozes out of the monitor, as something enters this world... Anomaly, UAC employee #136 has been resurrected by Yurei's presence... Wanting revenge for being left behind and lost in the invasion...

What does it look like?
I need to focus on making some sprites. But he looks almost rather similar to the Creeper. He looks like a pulsing black puddle of matter. But when he is toggled stand he he almost looks like a some guy wearing a ghost costume getting ready to say boo to you with his arms up and staring gleaming green eyes and big black claws. Still almost the same black appearance, but with what looks to be like computer code (ones and zeros) encircling his goop-like legs to keep his body upright.

How does it play?
Just like the creeper he sticks with the ground and doesn' reveal where he is as best he can, and has nearly the same attack as well. It has some new tricks than the creeper though... It has a little less health though to make it fair for its abilities.

What are it's weapons?
While in bloob form he does the same attack as The Creeper but it takes 3 hits instead of one. For its tricks that I mentioned, the secondary click, he does not fire anything, but toggles to stand as tall as a human with a gruesome ghostly appearance (slightly wider though with the stance of arms being raised). Click primary fire once to fire two small lasers from his black claws that does a lot of damage like a slow fireing railgun. Or just click and hold for 4 seconds while looking at a human from a close distance to take their appearance to be able to sneak away knowing they don't waste their attention on themselves. You can't fire while disguised but it gives you the chance to sneak up on people and kill them. However, once you hit somebody with the melee your cover is blown as you become a pile of black goo again...

Why does it belong on GVH?
It is much different than most ghouls, but is there for almost the same cause as them. It is a mix of technology and the supernatural that could relate to the marines back story and the level of that abandon base on GVH. I strongly suggest adding it. For Anomaly might be a class that's interesting for tech themed locations and some dark areas.  :)

October 26, 2009, 08:34:56 PM
Reply #40

Offline Major Cooke

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 08:34:56 PM »
Quote from: "Lighting"
Is this the ghoul vs humans discusion topic? wtf

Yes, and we were talking about the ghouls, thanks. Don't be so crude.

Quote from: "Lighting"
Well, I didn't do a character, but I did the sprites of a weapon, I sended them to cutmanmike, It took me about 10 minutes to do the weapon's sprites, but I think that they just need a buit of photo shop to being a good weapon, that a good human could use, a heavy type, or the new cyborg could use it

Suggestion: Avoid PMing Cutman with material, because that is a huge turnoff for people who are trying to get their wads re-organized and updated. Instead, just put it here because I'm sure that as more users join the board, the more he'll get spammed with PM's about the most random stuff ever.

Also, if you're going to submit something then I might suggest you be 100% happy and completely finished before sending it in. No popular wad owner wants to go through and have to modify someone else' own material because that person isn't happy with it. Whether he does or not, it's up to him but most of the time they won't, and may reject it. Just another suggestion.

October 30, 2009, 07:08:59 PM
Reply #41

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 07:08:59 PM »

October 30, 2009, 09:27:32 PM
Reply #42

Offline Mikk-

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 25, 2009, 03:51:26 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2009, 09:27:32 PM »
latest versions of Zdoom which changes the mechanics of God mode, making you truly invulnerable.

However, it still kills you anyway. Even if you have say 666 health and 666 armor (thinking Arsenal here), you still die.

...Thats quite shit, actually,
Telefrags do 10 000 damage, which is the threshold of IDDQD/GOD but the invulnerability sphere has always been able to protect you from any amount of damage, even telefrag.

Now, ontopic
Alot of these classes don't really have the.. personality to become ghouls in GVH / GF49493.53
Alot of them don't really seem as thought out as the original ghoul cast.

October 30, 2009, 09:33:35 PM
Reply #43

Offline Possesed

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 14, 2009, 11:26:24 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2009, 09:33:35 PM »
Quote from: "possesed a while ago on the first page"
yureientio, yurei's brother ect.

October 31, 2009, 03:14:21 AM
Reply #44

Offline Major Cooke

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2009, 03:14:21 AM »
Quote from: "Mikk-"
latest versions of Zdoom which changes the mechanics of God mode, making you truly invulnerable.

...Thats quite shit, actually,
Telefrags do 10 000 damage, which is the threshold of IDDQD/GOD but the invulnerability sphere has always been able to protect you from any amount of damage, even telefrag.

Now, ontopic
Alot of these classes don't really have the.. personality to become ghouls in GVH / GF49493.53
Alot of them don't really seem as thought out as the original ghoul cast.

Funny, the bug persists where you can still get telefragged unless they fixed it in skulltag 98a.