Advanced Search

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
MM8BDM Discussion / Re: Running away is very easy in this game
« Last post by Messatsu on Today at 02:53:07 AM »
The main game is terribly unfocused.  The slow pace is kind of a result of that.  The game is in the genre of "Arena Shooter", or at least that's my general understanding, but the design choices completely counteract this. Constantly nerfing powerful weapons is not a terrible idea on paper, but in practice is drags down the speed of the game terribly.  In damn near every other Arena Shooter I ever played, OHKO weapons were common(SSG, Flak Canon, Rockets, Grenades etc).  These were usually mitigated somewhat by armor and other powerups that could reduce the damage taken or increase your damage (Quad Damage).  In addition, the OHKO weapons usually had some sort of drawback (Slow projectile speed, or close range requirement) to offset their power.   The advantage of having such powerful weapons available is that it would allow a freshly spawned player to pick up one, and if properly utilized, they could score a frag or two (or more if they were skilled) as they traversed the level and they could hopefully gather a better selection of weapons and defensive abilities.  In general, it allowed the player to grow more powerful the longer they survived.  There would still be a threat from the OHKO weapons, but glancing blows could be mitigated by armor and shielding.  In this game, since everything is projectile based and slowish, the battles are more protracted, and in general, you aren't walking away from most fights unscathed.  The slower movement speed coupled with the projectile speed makes combat mostly close quarters since past a certain range, it's either luck or crazy prediction if you hit someone.  You might walk away from a fight with 40-50 health sometimes, which would make any future fights incredibly dangerous.  You practically need to be at full health to deal with equally skilled players.  It's also far easier for kill stealing to happen in Deathmatch (which is probably one of the most aggravating things about that mode) since it's fairly difficult to take someone down quickly.  I said in another post, that the focus needs to be on a single mode and I still stand by that.  Putting hazards in a stage is interesting for DM, but annoying as hell in LMS.  Having the shield retract when charging Proto Buster makes a ton of sense in Duel, but drastically reduces the weapon's uniqueness in DM/TDM.  That's just a few basic examples. I'm not suggesting that this game needs OHKO weapons all over the place or anything, that'd be idiotic.  What I'm saying is that there needs to be an examination on other games in the same genre for an understanding on why game balance decisions were made the way they were. Lemme put it this way.  In that 50 health situation I mentioned, if you could take down a player in a single well placed shot, rather than 4-5, would you be more or less apt to take that risk?
Skins & Bots etc / Re: Dimpsy's Virtual Junkyard (UPDATES + 3 NEW SKINS)
« Last post by bass44 on Today at 02:21:01 AM »
Those are only 2 new skins, where's the 3rd one?
Skins & Bots etc / Re: Dimpsy's Virtual Junkyard (UPDATES + 3 NEW SKINS)
« Last post by Dimpsy on April 25, 2017, 10:04:30 PM »
Today I bring updates to 3 skins I previously already made; Rockboard Enker, Rockboard Gutsman, and Rockboard Dustman. All of them have been updated to support CBM, all of which were previously seen in CBMEX as bonuses. Redownload if you wish you use them in CBM.
I've also got 3 new skins...

----------------------------------------------------------------

===Epic Yarn Pack===
2 skins based on Kirby's Epic Yarn; Yarn Kirby and Prince Fluff. Both use my original Kirby skin as a base.

Screenshots:
 Spoiler:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6x3910l0lzvdbnf/EpicYarnPack.pk3

===Ring the Ring===
A joke skin based on the Ring from Sonic the Hedgehog. Uses sounds ripped straight from Sonic Pocket Adventure.

Screenshots:
 Spoiler:

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/hvemnyp3ue62yjd/Ring.pk3

Soon I may also update more previous skins I made to support CBM, as it is seen as the most played mod in the community.
Bugs/Suggestions / [Sound effect] Oil Slider
« Last post by kirbman on April 25, 2017, 07:43:39 PM »
I've always found the sound for sliding on Oil Slider to be out of place. It appears to be just a straight rip from the original game, instead of an 8-bit recreation.
I'm not too experienced with creating sound effects in FamiTracker, but I tried anyway.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=45840447326609276530
Closed / Re: [Suggestion] Sneezing animation for Mega Man.
« Last post by CutmanMike on April 25, 2017, 06:01:00 PM »
added
Tutorial Collection / Re: A program to create the skin sheets
« Last post by Korby on April 25, 2017, 05:40:23 PM »
You should be able to use any old image editor to create a sprite sheet.
Many people just use MSPaint
Projects & Creative / Re: Class based modification (v8d)
« Last post by mentaluproar on April 25, 2017, 01:23:34 AM »
Am I the only one having trouble with knight man's shield bash? I have to fire it twice.  First click takes the ammo, second click does the actual bash.
Closed / Re: Cut-off edge of throwing hud visible on certain resolutions.
« Last post by CutmanMike on April 24, 2017, 07:14:41 AM »
This is fixed for V5B.
Skins & Bots etc / Ok I did a thing
« Last post by Flippy on April 24, 2017, 04:37:54 AM »
I updated it, now it has class compatibility with Trio, and custom sound effects, also a taunt

Yay, but I'm too lazy to do anything else
Closed / Re: Cut-off edge of throwing hud visible on certain resolutions.
« Last post by Gumballtoid on April 24, 2017, 03:27:30 AM »
While functionally, no, it's not their problem, it does affect players that play in such resolutions (myself included). I would quite like to see it fixed as well.

The classes mods exhibiting the same issue is the mod creators' choice and/or oversight and has no bearing on the core game.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10