Advanced Search

Author Topic: MM8BDM - Soundtrack Release?  (Read 2589 times)

April 28, 2017, 11:29:23 PM
Read 2589 times

Offline PKDuster

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 28, 2017, 11:15:06 PM

• View Profile
MM8BDM - Soundtrack Release?
« on: April 28, 2017, 11:29:23 PM »
Heyo!

As you can tell I'm especially new here, but I made this topic for a reason.
I LOVE the 8-bit renditions of the MM7, MM8, MM&B, MMPU, and MMWW tracks used in Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch.

I'm working with someone to rip all the tracks from the game and compile them into one large album, because some of these fan compositions deserve to be heard by many, and worthy of reuploads. I wanted to know if it is possible to release all the music as .mp3 files for others to enjoy.

I have searched everywhere to find these tracks, but I have only found a few by RushJet1 (MM8 - Final Boss). I've seen people upload some tracks to YouTube, but they appear to be recorded in game, or have very poor quality.

I came here to make this post to ensure that it is completely O.K. for these tracks to be released.

Thanks!

April 29, 2017, 12:13:36 AM
Reply #1

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
Re: MM8BDM - Soundtrack Release?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 12:13:36 AM »
Hello!

I'm glad you're very enthusiastic about both the covers and original tracks in 8BDM, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to hold off on any album businesses. Trust me when I say that it's definitely something I have thought about myself, but there are a few tricky bits that are tough to deal with when it comes to putting things together.

The first is figuring out what songs stay and what songs go. While a decent number of the covers were made specifically for 8BDM, there are also a number that was not. For starters, a good chunk of both the MM7, MM8, and &Bass covers were all made by Baiis8Bit (as I believe his name is right now), and given that his covers weren't specifically made for the game, the question comes up about whether or not we include those songs in an album as they aren't technically ours to play with. Along with the fact that I'm pretty sure one of the Wily Tower covers is from HertzDevil, who is similarly not connected to 8BDM.

The second concerns Rushjet1's boss theme for the Evil Robot. Namely the fact that he already uploaded both Evil Robot themes in an album of his own on Bandcamp. So there's something iffy about putting those same tracks on a separate album that technically isn't connected to him. But at the same time, a 8BDM album that is missing those Evil Robot themes just feels rather incomplete. So it's a really weird line that's hard to figure out.

The third is much less of a big deal than the other two, but simply put, with V5b's campaign updates, there's a few more covers heading on out with it. So making a new album when the next version should be right around the corner (should thanks zandronum) is a little silly.

So basically, there's a good chunk of smaller things that need to get figured out, along with waiting for a new version before anything album related can even be thought of. However, if these little things do ever get solved, you can probably count on the dev team releasing an album of sorts to be put out there!

Thank you very much for asking though, it's very appreciated!

April 29, 2017, 12:30:29 AM
Reply #2

Offline PKDuster

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 28, 2017, 11:15:06 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 12:30:29 AM »
Completely understood.

I had no idea that RushJet1 compiled both Evil Robot themes in one of his bandcamp albums, considering it seemed like a one-time track. (I'm going to guess he uploaded a new album...?)
I also was under the assumption that most, (if not all) fan-made tracks were composed specifically for MM8BDM, so I now understand the circumstances.

Thanks for responding, I hope it gets sorted out! I can't wait for an official soundtrack to be released though, it'd be awesome to listen to.

April 29, 2017, 01:39:41 PM
Reply #3

Offline NES Boy

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 19, 2014, 04:59:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 01:39:41 PM »
I had no idea that RushJet1 compiled both Evil Robot themes in one of his bandcamp albums, considering it seemed like a one-time track. (I'm going to guess he uploaded a new album...?)
Actually, they were in an album released in 2014. It's called Various Remixes.

I should note that MM8BDM itself used a non-VRC6 version of the music before V5 (no Berserk theme, though). That version's not included in his album, so it should be okay to use in the MM8BDM album. That is, as long as songs that got replaced in later versions are included as well.