Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Sprites] Yamato Man Color Distribution  (Read 2856 times)

May 19, 2017, 03:51:42 PM
Read 2856 times

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
[Sprites] Yamato Man Color Distribution
« on: May 19, 2017, 03:51:42 PM »
I noticed in the v5b intro that Yamato Man's skin does not accurately portray his original sprite in terms of color distribution. Some things that were originally purple became blue, while others became cyan. White and cyan appeared in places that initially did not have them. After going through a few iterations, I settled on this correction.

(From left to right: current skin, proposal, colored variants)

The most prominent changes are most of the white being removed to make way for blue and cyan, and his orange adornments remaining orange. Additionally, I went through and removed a few errors that had existed since the skin's inception, though these were largely small bits of background white that were missed back then. At this point, I believe I have made the skin significantly more accurate to his original appearance in Mega Man 6.

It is also worth noting that any core or modded props that translate the skin to its original palette (such as the one used in the v5b intro) will need to have their translation fixed accordingly.

I'm including two download links. This version is a direct sprite replacement, preserving the original offsets, while this version features different (and what I believe to be improved) offsets that draw focus away from the spear and more towards his body.

May 29, 2017, 05:42:08 PM
Reply #1

Offline JohnVyttalRay

• Standard Member

• The flames of justice are eternal
  • Date Registered: September 12, 2016, 08:03:55 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Sprites] Yamato Man Color Distribution
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 05:42:08 PM »
In my opnion, the color is better distributed now, this is just liek Freeze Man's color distibution.

July 19, 2017, 01:03:42 AM
Reply #2

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Re: [Sprites] Yamato Man Color Distribution
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 01:03:42 AM »
Added with the new offsets