Advanced Search

Author Topic: Zandronum Community Client Troubleshooting  (Read 1738 times)

June 13, 2018, 07:42:43 PM
Read 1738 times

Offline SuperCraig64

• Standard Member

• Old username, goes by "Snivy"
  • Date Registered: March 11, 2017, 11:11:44 PM

• View Profile
Zandronum Community Client Troubleshooting
« on: June 13, 2018, 07:42:43 PM »
About a year ago, I started having issues setting up ZCC properly on my client and refrained from using it since.
Recently I've attempted to get the engine to work properly without tempering the window size, though I've made no progress.
Currently I'm using version 1.6 which ties into the latest version of Zandronum, 3.0 (170901-1140).
Window resolution is set to 800 x 600 with the aspect ratio set to 4:3, while playing with the "OpenGL" renderer.

While having the client launch at a default window resolution lower than 800 x 600 does seem minor, this does pose a problem for me when a bit of the top screen being cut off, including chat messages. People have suggested playing on full-screen instead as it does fix the problem of being unable to see that small portion, however I prefer playing on windowed as I have other applications running such as Discord. I've also been suggested to stretch the window each time I launch the client, and while it does help most of the time, I'm looking for a permanent solution to the problem.