Advanced Search

Author Topic: Joseph's Skins, Bots, Etc. **UPDATED: Quint's Revenge Music WAD**  (Read 15268 times)

December 17, 2012, 01:05:56 PM
Reply #30

Offline GameAndWatcher

• Standard Member

• Gosh!

• Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

• View Profile
Re: Joseph's Skins and Bots **Joseph Skin Released!**
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 01:05:56 PM »
Korby's thread has an older version of the skin.

August 27, 2013, 09:39:54 PM
Reply #31

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan

• Date Registered: October 09, 2010, 04:47:35 AM

• View Profile
    • http://josephlithius.tumblr.com
**RELEASES** Anonyman v3 and Left-Handed Megaman Skins
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2013, 09:39:54 PM »
Originally posted Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:05 pm
 Spoiler:
Quote from: "GravityBones"
when anonyman is gonna be released? Can't wait for it.
Guess who's back?  Back again.

Anon's back.  Tell a friend!

... just not quite yet.  See, I've run into a bit of a snag.  As some of you know, I'm anal-retentive and a stickler for details.  That said, I recently found out that Megaman's sprites got an overhaul when I wasn't looking.  Now... I just finished a version of Anonyman earlier this evening.  Unfortunately... his sprites were based on the old Megaman sprites from before v3.  Now, you could argue that it shouldn't matter much since he's a silhouette... and you could argue further that people aren't going to notice while playing the game.  However... I'll know.  So, I'm going to redo the lot of the sprites that need it.  With any luck, I should get this skin out in the public "soonish".

I'll also look into making that optional "replace base/unknown skin with this" version, for those who enjoyed that. (I know I certainly did!)

Also soon to be released: Left-handed Megaman!
The thing here is that he'll have all eight sprite rotations, so he'll always be left-handed, just like Anonyman is.

Cheers!
----------
Originally posted Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:07 am
 Spoiler:
Okay!  Good news?  The skin was finished yesterday and is ready for upload, complete with a base skin modifier version.  Bad news?  I got distracted while trying to get a screen shot and ended up spending all night playing Mission Mode: Strength in Numbers (I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it by now!), so I kinda don't wanna be bothered to make an official release post right now.

What this means for me: I'm going to bed.
What this means for you: I'll release the skin later today.

Sorry for the further delay!  But I promise you, it will be released later today!
----------
Hey, guess what?  It's finally finished and uploaded!  How about that?

Anonyman v3 Skin/Bot/Base Skin Replacement (32.50 KB)
 Spoiler:

Base Skin replacement in-action:

----------
Release Information
- What is it?
It's a new skin for Mega Mna 8-Bit Deathmatch.  It also includes a bot.

- What does it do?
It allows you to play as Anonyman, a shadowy man with a not lot to say.

- Who is "Anonyman"?
GAME WORLD STORY:
Anonyman was created by an anonymous doctor and entered anonymously into the Robot Master Tournament.  His design was intended to intimidate and unnerve the other robots, since no matter which way he turns, that question mark is always there, staring you straight in the face.
REAL WORLD STORY:
Originally, Anonyman was created to be a base skin replacement for me.  A lot of people like to use custom skins I don't have, and since "unknown skins" default to Megaman, I was seeing a LOT of Megaman.  And frankly, I was getting a little tired of looking at his face all the time, so I wanted to do something different.  Before I created Anonyman, I actually replaced Megaman with the Sniper Joe skin.  Then I thought, "Wait.  Why not do one better?"
Thus, Anonyman was created from Megaman's skin!

- Why does Anonyman make such weird noises when he's shot or explodes?
GAME STORY:
Because his creator is a loon.
REAL WORLD STORY:
Because his creator is a loon.
Sooooo... everything works exactly like it should.  No error messages, no complex overriding of peoples' BOTINFO files, nothing like that.  But I did encounter an unexpected bit of silliness while testing.
As noted in the Readme, if you use the base replacement skin while running class-based modifications, any class that uses the default/base skin will appear as Anonyman.  Kind of funny, but also kind of counter-productive to the intention.  My suggestion?  Don't load the base skin replacement file if you intend to play class-based modifications.

I'm also releasing this today:

Megaman (Left-Handed) Skin (13.10 KB)
 Spoiler:
Release information:
"Megaman (Left-Handed) Skin" v2 for Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch
by Joseph Collins

- What is it?
It's a new skin for Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch.  It also includes a bot.

- What does it do?
It allows you to play as a unique version of Megaman, who is left-handed, rather than ambidextrous. (IE, he only shoots from his left hand.)

- So... you made a skin that already exists?
Not exactly.  As I said, this version only shoots from his left hand.  If you want a technical explanation, this version doesn't use mirrored sprites like the official Megaman skin; he has unique frames of animation for shooting to his right, where he fires with his left arm.

Basically, I just made this skin on a whim and as a "helper skin" for other players who want to make un-mirrored skins.

- He looks really weird when shooting straight ahead.
I know.  The game is "right-handed" when it comes to weapons rather than having the weapons slapped in the middle of the player.  He looks okay when he's firing at angles, though.

- What happened to version 1?
I didn't release it since that version is based on the old, crappier sprites from MM8BDM v2 and lower.
Nothing special, really.  Just a random thing I whipped up based on my SuperDanny skin.  As stated, this Megaman only uses his left hand. (IE, no sprite mirroring.)

January 04, 2015, 02:45:37 AM
Reply #32

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan

• View Profile
**RELEASE** Mega Man Christmas Carol Music Pack
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2015, 02:45:37 AM »
I can't remember the last time I did this...  Wait, no, I can.  Some time in August.  Of 2013!
In any case, I have something new for you folks.  It's not a skin... and it's not a bot...  No, it's something completely different.

It's a music pack!  But not just any music pack.

Back on the day after Christmas of last year, I finally did something people had been interested in for a while.  I finally released the entire Mega Man Christmas Carol soundtrack in MP3 format.  Awesome, right?  Well, it gets more awesome.
Today, since I still had the WAV files handy, I decided to work on a version for Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch specifically.

And here it is:
Mega Man Christmas Carol Music Pack (MediaFire, 10.31 MB)

More information:
 Spoiler:
- What is it?
It's 40 new pieces of music, straight from the Mega Man fan game series, "Mega Man Christmas Carol", spread out over 3 WAD files.

- What does it do?
It lets you listen to or use music from MMCC1, 2, and 1 Remix in your game.

- What is "Mega Man Christmas Carol"?
As mentioned, it's a series of fan games created by ACE Spark of Sprites INC wherein Megaman and company fight off Robot Masters based on characters and concepts from Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" and save Christmas!

- Some songs seem to be missing.
Not exactly.  See, unlike the OST music pack I made a day after Christmas, this version DOES NOT include repeated songs.  There are only 40 UNIQUE music files. This is more in line with how the MM8BDM music files are sorted.
Enjoy!

August 01, 2016, 02:43:18 PM
Reply #33

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan

• View Profile
**UPDATE** Alt Skin Bots Pack v1.2
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2016, 02:43:18 PM »
Hey.  Remember that "alt skin bots pack" thing I made five years ago?  Well, I finally updated it, removing skins that no longer exist and adding the new ones.  Huzzah!

Alt Skin Bots Pack v1.2
 Spoiler:

- What is it?
It's a pack of bots for Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch.

- What does it do?
It enables you to add the following bots to your bot matches:
Code: [Select]
BOT NAME                SKIN USED               BRIEF DESCRIPTION
Megaman H               megaman-hair            Helmetless Megaman.
Breakman                protoman-break          Self-explanitory.
Bass MM7                bass-rm7fc              Rockman 7 FC version of Bass.
Bass MMB                bass-mmb                Mega Man & Bass ver. of Bass.
Roll C                  roll-classic            Roll in her MM1-7 dress.
Roll M                  roll-mobile             Roll in her MM1-7 dress (mobile)
Sniper Joe-01           sniperjoe-mm7           Rockman 7 FC version of Joe.
Slashman MM7            slashman-rm7fc          Rockman 7 FC version of Slash.
Full-Power Ballade      ballade-alt             Ballade's alternate armor.
- Do you need anything to operate this pack?
Nope!  All the alternate skins are already a part of vanilla MM8BDM.
They just lack associated bots.  Hence this bot pack.

- What's the difference between versions?
Code: [Select]
[v1.2 (2016/08/01)]
- REMOVED the following bots:
  ?????                 ("Auto-Unknown" was officially added in v5.  I think?)
  Bass SCG              (Skin no longer exists)
  Slashman MM10         (Skin no longer exists)
- REMOVED the following chats:
  BOTAUT2               (Redundant, thanks to BOTAUTU)
- RENAMED the following bots:
  Roll Classic          -> Roll C
- ADDED the following bots:
  Bass MMB              (Added in v4)
  Roll M                (Added in v3?)
  Sniper Joe-01         (Added in v5)
  Slashman MM7          (Added in v4?)
[v1.0 (2011/12/13)]
- Initial version!
- Did you make any changes to the bots?
Not really.  All the alt-skin bots are essentially carbon copies of their base forms right down to the chat strings.  Although Full-Powered Ballade may say some different stuff compared to hisr base bots...

- Will this interfere with my game in any way?
Most likely not.  All it does is add new bots to your bot roster.  It doesn't change anything else at all.

December 23, 2016, 01:05:18 AM
Reply #34

Offline SMMG44

• Standard Member

• Just a Mettaur.

• Date Registered: November 07, 2016, 12:08:19 AM

• View Profile
Re: Joseph's Skins, Bots, Etc. **UPDATED: Alt Skin Bots Pack**
« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2016, 01:05:18 AM »
Can i borrow your steve skin for my mod?PLEASE?

April 21, 2017, 01:14:06 AM
Reply #35

Offline SMMG44

• Standard Member

• Just a Mettaur.

• Date Registered: November 07, 2016, 12:08:19 AM

• View Profile
Re: Joseph's Skins, Bots, Etc. **UPDATED: Alt Skin Bots Pack**
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2017, 01:14:06 AM »
Can I use your metall ex skin for my mod? I will credit you!

May 27, 2017, 06:01:55 PM
Reply #36

Offline Joseph Collins

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Lv. 33 Pogo Fan

• View Profile
Originally posted on May 26, 2017, 13:57:13
Can i borrow your steve skin for my mod?PLEASE?
Can I use your metall ex skin for my mod? I will credit you!
Dunno if you're still reading this thread, but go ahead (if you haven't already).  Credit is great, too.  I'd appreciate that.
----------

Alright, so.  I was going to release this yesterday, but I got a sudden case of "gun-shyness" and changed my mind.
Well, after playing a few offline skirmishes with this loaded, I've un-changed my mind and have decided to go for it.
(Some sneaky Petes downloaded it for the brief period of time it was listed here, too...  Clever critters~)

Quint's Revenge Music WAD (MediaFire, 9.67 MB)

More information:
 Spoiler:
- What is it?
It's 27 new pieces of music (technically 29), straight from the Mega Man fan game, "Quint's Revenge."

- What does it do?
It lets you listen to or use music from Quint's Revenge in your game.

- What is "Quint's Revenge"?
As mentioned, it is a fan game.  Created by ACE Spark in 2015, it tells the story of what happened after Mega Man defeated Quint in Mega Man II and lets players step into the repurposed robot's shoes as he awakens and seeks revenge against Dr. Wily for using him.

- May I use these songs in my map(s)/mod(s)/on my server(s)?
Yes, yes, and yes.  I'd prefer to be given credit if the songs are used in a map or mod, but it's not strictly necessary.
Have fun.

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who is the character to the right of the Cutstuff Forums logo above? (in lowercase, no spaces):