Advanced Search

Author Topic: Regarding the music in MM7DW1  (Read 1431 times)

August 01, 2016, 09:11:36 PM
Read 1431 times

Offline Atticus

• Standard Member

• Dank
  • Date Registered: October 31, 2010, 10:23:41 PM

• View Profile
Regarding the music in MM7DW1
« on: August 01, 2016, 09:11:36 PM »
The new expansion brought so much quality content and music, but I believe that the new music for MM7DW1 isn't as quality as the rest of the new MM7 tracks that were made to replace the Rockman 7 FC versions. No disrespect to whoever made it, but the leads are far too loud, and the percussion is completely inaccurate to the original and sounds sloppy and heavy. It lacks a lot of the subtlety that the original track had, and I don't think it's up to snuff like the rest of the new MM7 tunes.

I've made my own take on the tune in Famitracker that I believe is more faithful and accurate to the original tune as well having better volume mixing. It is my hope that it could be considered to be included in a future MM8BDM release. I know that's probably easier said than done, and this sounds like such a silly request, but Mega Man 7 has some of my favorite music in the series, and I want all the songs to be represented in the best way possible. The current track doesn't embody the quality that this game presents, and it can be improved on.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ck6vsl
Here's the WAV of it. I can also loop it and convert to .ogg if necessary.

August 01, 2016, 09:38:05 PM
Reply #1

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: Regarding the music in MM7DW1
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 09:38:05 PM »
Don't really know what to tell you, dude.
I don't agree; I personally really enjoy the cover our soundteam worked up and I'm not a huge fan of yours.
At least you're playing a very easily-moddable game so if it bothers you, you can just swap out ours for yours.

August 01, 2016, 11:56:56 PM
Reply #2

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
Re: Regarding the music in MM7DW1
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 11:56:56 PM »
Next time, please upload a .ogg file of your songs, it's far far far lightweight than .wav

This cover is, at its core, better than the core one, sorry; this is a really good job at capturing the aesthetic 8BDM has in terms of source art fidelity. Some stuff in this cover could be done better, but at that point it's just my personal preferences.