Advanced Search

Author Topic: Plans for 2013 (also your new year resolutions if you want)  (Read 12447 times)

December 31, 2012, 06:39:53 AM
Read 12447 times

Offline LlamaHombre

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 15, 2010, 09:19:04 PM

• View Profile
    • My Famitracker Covers
Plans for 2013 (also your new year resolutions if you want)
« on: December 31, 2012, 06:39:53 AM »
2012 was the year of the doomsday, where we all died of a horrible, brutal Mayan purge that took place 10 days ago. It was a year people made fun of, a year where the world seemed to be grinding to a halt even if there was no physical chance that it would. 2013 seems like a year of wonder. A year that shouldn't exist, to say the least. We've seen the releases of the MM8 and RnC expansions this year, and we've had some opportunities to really bring the community together. Next year, I hope we'll all take steps together to really strengthen our bonds and truly get to know the superpower of this community. Before we do, let's take some self-reflections and make our vows together.

To me, 2012 was a horrible year. I did some really stupid shit in the beginning of the year, and it still haunts me. Life went too fast for me, and I never got to enjoy the good things I wanted to last for centuries. I'm sure others lost a lot of respect in me, and I felt I couldn't trust myself. I decided to make changes, and it eventually evolved me into the person I am. This was the year I was promoted to a Global Moderator status, and whether or not you approve of me, I don't think I could ask for a better community to watch over.

I hope to grow bonds with the set of community I never really involved myself in meeting, as well as get a good footing on my academic career this year. Who knows? Perhaps I might even get a chance to contribute to the MM9 expansion whenever that starts up.

Enough about me, though. What about you? What do you wish to see in yourself this upcoming year? What did you think of 2012? Are you optimistic about the future? I'd appreciate hearing what you all have to say!

For the record, this is what inspired me to make this thread in this particular format

December 31, 2012, 06:51:17 AM
Reply #1

Offline Tengu

• Donator

• the frogs are gay
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

• View Profile
Re: Plans for 2013 (also your new year resolutions if you wa
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 06:51:17 AM »
Let's see. This year, my entire life just went kablam. Basically all negative things happened. Although, a good thing that happened was that I became friends with all of the people in this community that I am currently friends with, and uh. yeah...

December 31, 2012, 07:32:04 AM
Reply #2

Offline Jatea

• Enthusiast

• same
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 02:32:48 AM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1339
It's not easy being the anti
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 07:32:04 AM »
Quote from: "LlamaHombre"
What about you? What do you wish to see in yourself this upcoming year?
I am the most contradictory person I know. I'm organized yet my stuff is scrambled all over my computer and my school papers are compressed in one 2-inch-thick folder.
I am the coldest person I know and yet I have sympathy
I am an intelligent person and yet I am the dumbest person ever

I still don't like myself and it's just been a gradual spiral into sadness ever since. I easily mask it just because I don't even feel like I have emotion.
People barely even put me down; it's me causing most of my own pain. I don't even know anymore someone help

It's probably just me being sleep-deprived even more. Don't listen to me I have nothing important to say and you should just close your web browser this instant

This was the year where I didn't sleep as much and it sometimes shows. Good thing Algebra was in the morning.

I want to learn how to time manage all of this free time I somehow have.
I also should have more of an initiative for work. I dropped a texture pack in the making and all of this useless winter break work [good thing everyone did this 3+ page paper on a topic of our choice before the break] is totally going to break my face tomorrow [today? I don't even count the day as tomorrow until after I sleep]. How does someone assign a powerpoint due before 6 PM of the end of the year?

also technicolor equines are a thing
they are a painful thing
but they are a thing
I would tell you to go watch them
but then I would tell you to stop

their exterior promises cuddliness and happiness
their interior is actually pain and torment

don't give into the impulse

don't do drugs, kids

Quote from: "LabadaHorde"
What did you think of 2012?
2012 was a year of stuff. Games did stuff. 8th grade was full of awesome and equally-insane people. The descent into depression started there, though. 8th grade ended, high school happened and I was thrust into a school of idiots people of lower intellect. [This is probably why I get 'depressed' easily; people don't understand me (and I don't understand them; all of that slang gets confusing) and things I do aren't appreciated as much.]

Some parts of the school year were cool, though.
My Algebra II teacher done did disappeared because of something about family, so we got a sub that didn't take control of the class as much; for better or worse I could actually sleep or do work for other classes.
There's at least 1 or 2 people in each class that I associate with frequently (but often only in those classes).
My English teacher is the best teacher ever and even though everyone complains about his workload (the aforementioned 3+ page paper) I don't mind too much.

4th blocks suck though; A-day PE is no and B-day AVID is boring and the people there are even dumber than the average intelligence of people from all of my other classes + the dreaded shuttle bus]

Then the apocolypse apocalypse came and went without fanfare. Damn Mayans.

Fresh Toid Sandwiches, Toidball Subs, Rainbowball Sherbetoid ice cream, and a whole bunch of other Toid-related products started existing today [yesterday? Fuck time]

As Tengu once said, "Toid should be a word in the dictionary" [Or however it went, I forgot how it actually went]

Quote from: "LammaHombur"
Are you optimistic about the future?
I'm barely optimistic about anything so yeah
If anything though, this community gives me solace when I have to be content with idiocy and isolationcy loneliness at school

Quote from: "LlamaHombre"
I'd appreciate hearing what you all have to say!
you wouldn't appreciate hearing looking at what I have to say
everything I do is crap

Quote from: "TGOT"
Shut your face
I am bored.
I have no creativity so you should just skip everything I ever said and go read the next person's post

Also someone help me be less alliterative and assonant [damn it, I did it again [and again]]
I blame the pink one

December 31, 2012, 09:51:31 AM
Reply #3

Offline Shade Guy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: February 02, 2011, 10:42:15 PM

• View Profile
Thus continuing my rants about RNC.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 09:51:31 AM »
Well, then. In the beginning of 2012, I was working on Sword Man's map while the MM8 expansion was being kept a secret. Since then, I completed Sword Man, made 4 more maps for v3a (including my CTF map), made 7 maps for SHARP (plus Vortale's maps which I edited) and made/redid 5 maps for RNC. That means I worked on at least 17 maps this year!
To be honest though, the time I spent mapping for RNC felt like a bit of a waste. The expansion was in development hell for some time, and it wasn't very successful upon release (plus it's currently incompatible with v3a). The maps I made for RNC were all layouts and concepts I could have used for SHARP, or possibly MM8 instead. Then again, it's likely that no one would mind if I stole a couple of my RNC maps, retextured them and used them in another project anyway. Considering RNC's popularity, it's possible no one would even notice if I already had done so!

In the future, I would like to focus more on SHARP, along with any official expansions that pop up, I suppose. I doubt I will make as many maps as this year, but we'll see.

...And yes, I know that all of this is just about maps. I have other feelings about the year, but this seemed to be the easiest thing to put into words.

December 31, 2012, 02:22:25 PM
Reply #4

Offline Red

• Standard Member

• man is the animal
  • Date Registered: March 13, 2011, 02:47:45 PM

• View Profile
Damn you autocorrect
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 02:22:25 PM »
This year was even worse than 2010, I feel like I'm still being an annoying dick to everyone, I don't even think I've changed at all, I just hope that my life becomes less boring in 2013

at least I got decent grades in school and that is all that matters

December 31, 2012, 03:10:59 PM
Reply #5

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 03:10:59 PM »
From a not internet point of view, 2012 has been the worst thing ever. Even today, the last day of the year our car decided to not turn on. There's a lot more things that happened, but I would rather not go into detail.

From an internet point of view, at least for me it's been going ok. I've been starting some projects both in and outside this community, and I don't feel like I'm being shot in the face. Though for a good chunk of this year I got really sick of Cutstuff as I felt that the entire community was at each others throats, but now I got over that.

I also said "wooo" a lot.

December 31, 2012, 04:16:47 PM
Reply #6

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 04:16:47 PM »
2012 was the year I became more active on Cutstuff. I had marching band activities every waking minute last year so I was quite inactive. Of course, I didn't make a very good impression, mostly around March/April (Who could forget? '>_>). I cringe every time it's brought up, but I'm just going to swallow that stone and move on.

Academically, my grades are at an all-time high. I needn't worry about that in the slightest.

Socially, I'm still terribly lacking, mostly due to being an extreme introvert both online and offline (moreso offline, but still). I avoid conversation if I can unless it's with someone I know and somewhat trust, though this is a result of having been denied sociality and having been insulted and rejected for as long as I can remember. This is what I really need to improve upon for the duration of the next year.

I also want to get to know some of the community members, as right now I'm moreso active in a "splinter group" of sorts.

December 31, 2012, 04:43:09 PM
Reply #7

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 04:43:09 PM »
Get a job... need money baddddddddd

December 31, 2012, 05:15:14 PM
Reply #8

Offline Colonel ServBot

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 30, 2012, 02:54:19 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 05:15:14 PM »
well, i'd like to see CSZ finnally get done,so i dont have to deal with all the bullcrap, so i can release my first game.
there is one really crappy thing i did at the beginning of the year. at the mmn community. i was all like shouting out how a colonel servbot fangame is gonna come out. it will, i guarantee it. but it'll come out slowly. but i'd like to release it and show it to the guys at my forum homeland. the mm community.

December 31, 2012, 11:20:09 PM
Reply #9

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 11:20:09 PM »
My new year's resolution is to release ALL of my expansions.

DOS, R&F2, Joe Classes, hell even the Game Boy Expansion

I'm just tired of people knowing me as "that idiot who has a bazillion projects sitting in the WIP forum"

I wanna be known as "that idiot who has a bazillion projects sitting in the COMPLETED project forum"

Also would prefer to be a little more social and maybe find out how to play Mario Party 3 on netplay

January 01, 2013, 12:13:39 AM
Reply #10

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2013, 12:13:39 AM »
Quote from: "Magnet Dood"
and maybe find out how to play Mario Party 3 on netplay
The Mupen64 emulator can do netgames on Kaillera. I have done it before, and can teach you if you want.

I'm rather disappointed to read that so many people had an upsetting year. I hope everyone improves in the future and enjoys the following year much more.

January 01, 2013, 12:21:37 AM
Reply #11

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »
Quote from: "Kapus"
The Mupen64 emulator can do netgames on Kaillera.

Funny thing about that.

When I tried it on Kaillera, it showed the map (like all the blue spaces and that) really small, but the background was still huge.

Plus, that game has some serious disconnect problems.

January 01, 2013, 12:29:41 AM
Reply #12

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2013, 12:29:41 AM »
I remember having that problem once, but it was on local play, not netplay. I think I remember it being an issue with the rom or something.

Desynch problems most likely are due to bad connection between you and your playmates, or from the host having a laggy computer. I'm willing to try a netgame with you to see if any of the problems persist.

January 01, 2013, 04:07:37 AM
Reply #13

Offline Mendez

• MM8BDM Extender

• Yesterday's World
  • Date Registered: July 25, 2010, 05:23:05 AM

• View Profile
    • My Youtube (BlueBrawl)
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2013, 04:07:37 AM »
That's funny, because me and a group managed to play online between 3 different people using a recent version of Project 64. Really,  the key to smooth gameplay is turning up the amount of allowed lag. In project 64, turning the lag up to 15 allows me and another person to play Mario Party 3 without any desync.

January 01, 2013, 04:10:38 AM
Reply #14

Offline HD_

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 13, 2011, 01:44:40 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2013, 04:10:38 AM »
Yo hey so I'm just going to make this quick

2012 sucked

2013 should result in a more unified community

Hopefully