Advanced Search

Author Topic: Toughest Robot Master in Each Game?  (Read 49224 times)

April 04, 2011, 04:12:40 AM
Reply #45

Offline Smunch

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 28, 2010, 04:11:16 AM

• View Profile
Re: Toughest Robot Master in Each Game?
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2011, 04:12:40 AM »
I'll just put my biggest hatreds.

MM1: Yellow Devil Elec Man.  I just never focused my ears enough to hear when he was shooting, and got hit far too much.

MM3: I read through this thread, every time I read "Shadow Man" I cringed in pain.  With top spin, he isn't bad, but buster only... I found him harder than needle.

MM6: Centaur Man is just a gigantic asshole.

MM&B: I've played through MM&B a couple times, and I found myself falling to burner man so many times.  I've never attempted to buster only him, as I slightly value my sanity.  Ice wall is awkward to use too, but useful I admit.  Dynamo is a cakewalk to me.

April 04, 2011, 07:51:12 PM
Reply #46

Offline Nuy

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: March 27, 2011, 10:25:22 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/NuThetta
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2011, 07:51:12 PM »
Why does everyone keep saying elec man? :V

April 05, 2011, 12:24:42 AM
Reply #47

Offline arkman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 17, 2011, 04:22:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 12:24:42 AM »
probably because elecman is the best combination of randomness and damage. Gutsman does little damage and is predictable, Iceman has an easy pattern though he does a lot of damage. Fireman is borderline undogable but just keep shooting him, bombman can be hard to dodge but he doesn't hit that hard.

Elecman has a 3 hit kill, is fairly fast, and might just screw you over by jumping unexpectedly.
granted with weaknesses the hardest one is gutsman because he can actually dodge hyperbomb  :lol:

April 05, 2011, 01:16:35 AM
Reply #48

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 01:16:35 AM »
Fire Man is incredibly easy. Let him shoot first, jump over, fire.

April 05, 2011, 01:24:35 AM
Reply #49

Offline MagnetMan497

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 13, 2010, 04:48:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2011, 01:24:35 AM »
MM1: All pretty easy.
MM2: Quickman. So fast and Time Stopper hardly hurts him.
MM3: Needleman. Buste only? Ugh...
MM4: Pharoahman: I always hated him, so fast and powerful.
MM5: Crystalman: Reflecting projectiles suck.
MM6: Plantman: Even his weakness is hard to hit with. Sliding is nessecary in his battle.
MM7: Burstman: Bubbles. Need i say more?
MM8: Tenguman: His tornado hold always messed me up.
MM9: Hornetman: His weakness is pretty much useless against him, I hate it.
MM10: Blademan: Grrrrrr
MM&B: Magicman: HE FUCKING STEALS YOUR HEALTH

April 05, 2011, 02:23:42 AM
Reply #50

Offline arkman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 17, 2011, 04:22:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2011, 02:23:42 AM »
Quote from: "Korby"
Fire Man is incredibly easy. Let him shoot first, jump over, fire.

you actually don't need to dodge.  :lol:

if you just keep shooting, invincibility frames will let you win.

April 05, 2011, 12:02:28 PM
Reply #51

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2011, 12:02:28 PM »
Quote from: "MagnetMan497"
MM1: All pretty easy.
MM2: Quickman. So fast and Time Stopper hardly hurts him.
MM3: Needleman. Buste only? Ugh...
MM4: Pharoahman: I always hated him, so fast and powerful.
MM5: Crystalman: Reflecting projectiles suck.
MM6: Plantman: Even his weakness is hard to hit with. Sliding is nessecary in his battle.
MM7: Burstman: Bubbles. Need i say more?
MM9: Hornetman: His weakness is pretty much useless against him, I hate it.
MM10: Blademan: Grrrrrr
MM&B: Magicman: HE FUCKING STEALS YOUR HEALTH

Blademan has another weakness other than Commando Bomb. He has Toadmanitus! Find a video on youtube on beating him no damage and no special weapons, as chances are they will break his AI. Once you get used to breaking his AI and locking him into an easy pattern, he's no trouble at all.

April 05, 2011, 01:47:18 PM
Reply #52

Offline Nuy

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
Quote from: "arkman"
you actually don't need to dodge.  :lol:

if you just keep shooting, invincibility frames will let you win.
I thought robot masters (at least in MM1) had longer invincibilty periods than Mega Man...

April 06, 2011, 12:44:42 AM
Reply #53

Offline TrueTenguMan

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 22, 2010, 11:10:20 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 12:44:42 AM »
Quote from: "MagnetMan497"
(click to show/hide)

Eh just try to be patient and slide the opposite direction of the tornado. The stage may be cramped but it should leave you enough to dodge. Now if you were to jump over the Kamaitachi attack then that would take a bit practice if you want to be flashy ((even though jumping over it isn't hard, just have to be close before I launch it)).

April 08, 2011, 06:58:24 AM
Reply #54

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 06:58:24 AM »
EDIT: I only buster dueled the first two games. The rest of the games, I used weaknesses.

MM1: Elec Man (besides Fire Man, he was the only one I couldn't buster duel). His main attack is powerful enough to kill you in like 3 hits, and can only take one point of damage from your buster. Need I explain more?

MM2: This is a tough one...probably Quick Man, but not by a large margin. I was able to buster duel most of the robots without any problems.

MM3: A lot of people (from the first two pages) said Shadow Man...he's the one I start with! I'd have to say Needle Man because he's dangerous up close.

MM4: My memory is not very good...maybe Dust Man?

MM5: Even less of a memory here. As far as the stages go, Crystal Man, hands down.

MM6: Again, not much of a memory here. Probably either Yamato or Knight Man.

MM7: Slash Man by a small margin (runner up is Freeze Man). What makes him worse is that he does his hardest attack every time you burn or freeze him.

MM8: I don't remember this game that much...but I think it was Search Man.

MM&B: I loathe Burner Man...without Ice Wall, he was a big hothead to contain.

MM9: MM9's robot masters weren't too bad...it's the Wily Stages I dread. Probably Concrete Man, but really I can't think of one that really stood out.

MM10: Blade Man as the robot master, but as for stages, Strike Man. 1/2 damage is REQUIRED on Hard mode to reach Strike Man.

April 08, 2011, 04:24:47 PM
Reply #55

Offline rtist

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: January 27, 2011, 08:54:21 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 04:24:47 PM »
I've played a lot of these, so I'll do some too (note: the fights are obviously easier with their weaknesses, but I give the ones that are hard with just the mega buster:

MM1: Elec Man
Reason: He's fast and his shots are hard to avoid. The room not being level is helpful, but it still doesn't matter occasionally. Ice Man is an honorable mention, but his attack pattern is slower and easier to avoid.

MM2: Quick Man
Reason: He himself isn't that difficult, but that terrain is difficult to deal with while dodging his boomerangs. Honorable mention to Flash Man, for mostly the same reasons (except he stops time while firing a spread of buster shots).

MM3: Shadow Man
Reason: His patterns, while not unpredictable, are quickly executed and difficult to avoid. If he was more powerful (like Elec Man, say), he'd be much tougher to beat. Honorable mention goes to Gemini Man, for having a split personality. Also, I think the toughest robot masters on average are in this game, but that's just me.

MM4: Bright Man
Reason: This is tough not because any MM4 robot master is particularly tough, but because they're all relatively easy. I choose Bright Man for his Flash Stopping ability followed by his accurate jumps. Honorable mention goes to Ring Man; he's fast, but his attack pattern is too predictable to matter at all.

MM5: Charge Man
Reason: This guy is more cheap than tough since he's so difficult to jump over accurately. Honorable mention goes to Wave Man, since his water wave attack is not so easy to predict.

MM6: Centaur Man
Reason: His splitting buster and his centaur flash, when he uses them correctly, are difficult to avoid damage from. However, none of these robot masters are particularly dangerous. Honorable mention goes to Tomahawk Man, for his long jumps and more varied attacks.

MM7: Slash Man
Reason: I haven't played this game in quite a while (I felt it sucked), so I reserve the right to change my opinion here. The last time I played this game, though, he easily gave me the most trouble, with his speed and varied attacks. Honorable mention goes to Shade Man since he can fly and since his shots are generally more powerful than the typical robot master.

MM&B: Dynamo Man
Reason: Whether you're Mega Man or Bass in this game, Dynamo Man's attack pattern is varied and difficult to predict. He also can recharge his energy in combat. Honorable mention goes to Burner Man, since his Burning Wave can deflect shots (but if you're Bass, you can double jump and diagonally fire downward at him to get hits) and also for the spikes.

MM8, MM9, and MM10 I have yet to play, so I have no opinion there.

Easiest Robot Masters in each game (with just the mega buster):

MM1: Guts Man
Reason: He's way too slow and predictable to be any challenge. Dishonorable mention goes to Bomb Man, for the same reasons.

MM2: Bubble Man
Reason: He's too weak to be any major factor. Dishonorable mention goes to Wood Man, for being too predictable and slow.

MM3: Top Man
Reason: His attack pattern is way too predictable to be a challenge. Dishonorable mention goes to Hard Man, for the same reasons (though if he hits you, it's going to hurt a lot).

MM4: Toad Man
Reason: Do I even have to state why? Dishonorable mention goes to Dust Man, since his attacks are slow and his movements predictable.

MM5: Star Man
Reason: Only one attack and a bunch of movements in low gravity that are easy to dodge. Dishonorable mention goes to Stone Man, for being Toad Man with an actual (albeit easy to dodge) attack.

MM6: Plant Man
Reason: He only has one attack, so he's far from dangerous. Dishonorable mention goes to Flame Man, since his attacks are too easily avoided.

MM7: Spring Man
Reason: Again, his attacks are too predictable. Dishonorable mention goes to Burst Man, also for being too predictable.

MM&B: Cold Man
Reason: Much too basic of an attack pattern. Dishonorable mention goes to Ground Man, since his attacks are easily dodged if you know what he's doing.

April 09, 2011, 12:00:27 AM
Reply #56

Offline Nuy

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2011, 12:00:27 AM »
Why does everyone say Bubble Man is easy? If it weren't for Quick Man I'd say he's the hardest in Mega Man 2....

April 09, 2011, 12:49:18 AM
Reply #57

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2011, 12:49:18 AM »
Quote from: "*Nu*"
Why does everyone say Bubble Man is easy? If it weren't for Quick Man I'd say he's the hardest in Mega Man 2....
You can't be serious.

April 09, 2011, 12:50:14 AM
Reply #58

Offline Nuy

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2011, 12:50:14 AM »
Quote from: "Kapus"
You can't be serious.
I am... very...

April 09, 2011, 01:49:33 AM
Reply #59

Offline easyaspi

• Standard Member

• AKA ViceroyOfMonte
  • Date Registered: February 01, 2011, 10:30:46 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2011, 01:49:33 AM »
Bright Man and Ring Man aren't hard. For Bright you just charge shot him at 15, 19, and 23 to dodge the Flash Stopper, and for Ring you just stay at the sides of the room and jump over him when he runs at you. Also, I think most of the MM4 bosses are easy with buster only.
IMO.