Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Bug] Assorted Bugs  (Read 1526 times)

August 24, 2016, 07:59:30 PM
Read 1526 times

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
[Bug] Assorted Bugs
« on: August 24, 2016, 07:59:30 PM »
If I bring up anything that has either been mentioned and/or resolved, forgive me.

* When testing any of the Buster Upgrades at Light's Lab, it gives you the weapon instead of replacing the Mega Buster with it. Another bug associated with this is that you are unable to swap weapons via your WEAPPREV bind from the Mega Buster to any Buster Upgrade including IG Metal Blade (if you have no other weapons besides the latter.)

* I know that it is impossible to do (unless proven wrong,) but Gamma can be knocked down by either Mega Ball or Oil Slider. Doing so will produce a pain sound that is abnormally loud.

* KO'd Gamma can still be hit by Super Arm and Ballad Cracker even though it will just re-trigger him getting knocked out.

*Tornado Man's skin has these fluxuating black pixels underneath his arm on his Front and Back second firing sprites (shown in red on the picture below.)

*Whenever a player walks, regardless of skin, there is one frame where the player's sprite will jitter to the first walking sprite and back to standing after the code for walking finishes. This is caused by the PlayerPawn actor coding:
Code: [Select]
Spawn:
PLY1 A 0
PLY1 B 1
PLY1 A 1
Goto Spawn+2
See:
PLY1 BCDE 5
Goto Spawn

The solution to this would be to edit the actor's "See" states thusly:
See:
PLY1 BCDE 5
Goto Spawn+2

*I'm almost fairly certain that I pointed this out years ago and I'm slightly miffed that it wasn't resolved.
(click to show/hide)
Looking through DoomBuilder shows that this is caused by the F_SKY1 textures behind those walls. As to why they were pasted there to begin with is anybody's guess.

I haven't gone through everything and might post another thing in the future when I get to it.

August 24, 2016, 08:46:20 PM
Reply #1

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
Re: [Bug] Assorted Bugs
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 08:46:20 PM »
That first one's second problem is a problem with slots in Zandronum, as far as I know.

The second one is possible using Mega Ball assuming you can make it through the gauntlet without dying once.

I remember something about the fifth one being addressed a long time ago, but I don't remember why we didn't go through with it.

Thanks for the reports, though. I'll toss this in Pending real quick.

August 24, 2016, 10:59:42 PM
Reply #2

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:59:42 PM »
*Whenever a player walks, regardless of skin, there is one frame where the player's sprite will jitter to the first walking sprite and back to standing after the code for walking finishes. This is caused by the PlayerPawn actor coding:
Spawn:
PLY1 A 0
PLY1 B 1
PLY1 A 1
Goto Spawn+2
See:
PLY1 BCDE 5
Goto Spawn

The solution to this would be to edit the actor's "See" states thusly:
See:
PLY1 BCDE 5
Goto Spawn+2

I want to say there is a reason for this but I can't remember what it is. Test this both offline and online before fixing this.

August 25, 2016, 04:04:50 AM
Reply #3

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 04:04:50 AM »
Oh, I see why. It makes is so the sprites jitters to a standing frame for one frame WHILE walking.

Then I guess there's no way around it then. Disregard for now.

August 25, 2016, 02:13:08 PM
Reply #4

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 02:13:08 PM »
Ah yes I remember why. We do this to make players enter their standing sprite sooner than then default Doom behavior where the Doom marine will walk in spot until he completely stops moving (but sometimes when bumping into actors, he won't stop moving even then). It is something I copied over from GVH because those classes had footsteps and it was kinda awkward when they ran on the spot for so long making noises. I think it is better this way. When someone has stopped moving, you can tell.

September 09, 2016, 03:09:27 PM
Reply #5

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 03:09:27 PM »
Fixed (except the class walking frames)