Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Expansion] Mission Mode V1D Released! (v4 working)  (Read 122511 times)

December 26, 2012, 12:38:14 AM
Read 122511 times

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
[Expansion] Mission Mode V1D Released! (v4 working)
« on: December 26, 2012, 12:38:14 AM »

Mission Mode is a singleplayer or online co-operative game mode! Fight through classic Mega Man levels as Mega Man, Proto Man, Bass or Roll and stop Dr. Wily (again)! Features include class specific weapons, a multiplayer hub with stage selection and much much more! Currently in beta with public demo versions available (4 levels).

VIDEO

Screenshots:
(click to show/hide)

Download v1d:
https://mega.co.nz/#!6FY0QBwZ!6x-czJprs ... AVVFbi9BIs

Hit new game to start the demo! When playing online, a party leader is selected who can select a stage or vote to erase the game data (talk to auto on how to do this).

For server hosts:
The starting hub map name is MMSPHUB. I also recommend the game mode to be survival to add some challenge and a reason to not die, but cooperative is supported to. If you do not specify, the hub map will force the game to survival.

Notes:
    Currently no plans to merge this with the core MM8BDM.
     Each class has slight differences that are pending to change.
     Proto Man is slower but has his proto shield and charge shot.
     Roll has a healing weapon to heal her allies.
     Bass has his rapid fire weapon and gets stronger the less health he has.
     Enemies' health scale with the amount of players.
     Feel free to edit or make new levels. I have my own personal plans for this but I don't want to stop creative people doing their own thing  :ugeek:

December 26, 2012, 12:41:51 AM
Reply #1

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
Re: Singleplayer/Co-op Prototype
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 12:41:51 AM »
Idea: Pin please?

Comment: Holy Jesus on a Pogo Stick dancing Macarena over a rainbow! That IS a must. By the way, did you code the Evil Robot? Cause that boss flows nicely.

December 26, 2012, 12:43:31 AM
Reply #2

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 12:43:31 AM »
Quote from: "tsukiyomaru0"
By the way, did you code the Evil Robot? Cause that boss flows nicely.
Yes, and Duo. Those were pretty much my only contributions to the MM8 expansion (and the save system). :p

December 26, 2012, 12:57:52 AM
Reply #3

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 12:57:52 AM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
Quote from: "tsukiyomaru0"
By the way, did you code the Evil Robot? Cause that boss flows nicely.
Yes, and Duo. Those were pretty much my only contributions to the MM8 expansion (and the save system). :p
Yes, both flows nicely. But, again on this prototype's subject... It's very impressive! Maybe this will increase MM8DM fanbase greatly.

December 26, 2012, 01:02:16 AM
Reply #4

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 01:02:16 AM »
How about a class balance similar to TF2's Highlander? You'd have a pool of six or so defined classes, and if a class is picked then someone else has to use a different class. To make up for this, each class would have a unique role and stat curve.

Mega Man: Jack of all trades. Starts with the default Mega Buster and maybe another weapon or two.
    Proto Man: Takes slightly more damage, but has a Proto Shield with all weapons. Starts with only the Proto Buster.
    Bass: Sports a double jump! However, his Master Weapons deal less damage. Starts with the Bass Buster and one Treble Sentry.
    Duo: Moves slower, but has higher defense and damage output. This guy's a real tank! Starts with the Duo Fist.
    Roll: She can't copy weapons, but her tools are very useful for support and close-range combat. Repair Beam heals allies, Vacuum Arm attracts enemies while stunning them, and Roll Swing bats enemies away while packing a punch! Roll will automatically regenerate HP at a slow rate if she doesn't take damage for a while.
    Auto: He suffers at close range, but specializes in crowd control. Fireworks Cannon deals multiple hits in a large spread but blinds allies caught in the blast, while Number 1 Fan throws a small whirlwind which launches enemies (and allies) skyward. If you're running low on ammo, no worries! Auto's short-range Screwdriver serves as both an emergency melee AND a source of ammo for allies. Like Roll, Auto can't copy other weapons, and he regenerates weapon ammo for Fireworks Cannon at a slow rate when he's not firing it.

While having more than 4 or 6 players would be neat, a maximum size would also encourage teamwork and make players think of strategies for going through stages instead of just gathering a swarm of guys and simply bum-rushing through stages.

Again, these ideas could be the worst thing in the world, or they could be great changes to the mode. Just throwing in my two cents.

December 26, 2012, 01:09:14 AM
Reply #5

Offline GameAndWatcher

• Standard Member

• Gosh!
  • Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 01:09:14 AM »
I hope the Power and Jet Adaptors get in somehow.

December 26, 2012, 01:11:56 AM
Reply #6

Offline Ukiyama

• MM8BDM Extender

• WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Date Registered: August 23, 2011, 07:49:19 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 01:11:56 AM »
I think some sort of Master Weapon selection (think Wily Wars), would be interesting for selecting a weapon of choice to take in, rather than just having a specific weapon.

December 26, 2012, 01:13:17 AM
Reply #7

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 01:13:17 AM »
Yeah, that goes pretty well with my class ideas.

Mega Man would be able to select one more weapon than Proto Man, Bass, and Duo can.
Roll and Auto have dedicated loadouts and can't bring Master Weapons with them into stages.

December 26, 2012, 01:21:28 AM
Reply #8

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
"I have terrible battle cries"
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 01:21:28 AM »
OMG YES YES YES YES YES.

I've always liked cooperative modes more than competitive modes so yeah, I hope this doesn't die.

December 26, 2012, 01:48:08 AM
Reply #9

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 01:48:08 AM »
...You know, I think you've finally motivated me to start coding monsters again... now if only I could map...

December 26, 2012, 01:49:43 AM
Reply #10

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 01:49:43 AM »
The enemies needs to flash white when they take damage. Prehaps you could study the zombies in Chaos Generator?

Also, Cut Man doesn't have a life bar.

December 26, 2012, 01:52:34 AM
Reply #11

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 01:52:34 AM »
I can't have enemies enter their pain state, especially the ones with unique attack patterns. As for the health bar, he does have one if you're playing, not if you're spectating sadly.

Edit: I added a flash for when they get hit by other means  :mrgreen:

December 26, 2012, 03:12:38 AM
Reply #12

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 03:12:38 AM »
    Mega Man: Starts with default Plasma Cannon (that is, the Mega Buster, but I'm being fancy), can't be charged. Can grab about 8 special weapons, as well as use them normaly. Takes normal damage.

Proto Man: Starts with a new variation of Proto Buster: mainfire fires the buster (and whatever comes with it), altfire triggers the shield. Can grab barely 4 special weapons, and triggering the shield consumes the weapon's ammo. Takes 25% more damage than Mega Man.

Bass: Starts with a weaker Bass Buster that fully stops you while firing and sports an altfire dash and double jump abilities. Can grab 8 special weapons, but consumes 50% more ammo than normal, his movement speed is halved while firing them, and can't dash while equipping them. Takes normal damage.

Duo: Starts with a nerfed Duo Fist: no middle charge shot, and the charging period takes 25% more time. Moves 25% slower than the rest of the classes, but takes 25% less damage than Mega Man. Can grab 6 special weapons, but uses 25% more ammo than normal, and whenever s pecial weapon's ammo is depleted, he loses it.

Roll: Starts out with a Repair Beam that heals players at a rate of 4 HP per second, and each 4 HP heal uses 6 ammo in turn. Said Repair Beam's altfire fires a very fast, 5 damage buster shot that uses up 5 ammo. When she runs out of sufficient ammo, she gains a melee weapon that deals 2 damage per strike and fully stops her movement on every use. She can't copy special weapons, but gets 30 ammo whenever she picks a special weapon token. Moves about 10% faster than Mega Man, and takes 25% more damage.

Auto: Smash's Fireworks Cannon idea as mainfire. Itemfire will allow him to summon a single Weapon Tank at the cost of not being able to fire for 20 seconds.

December 26, 2012, 03:14:31 AM
Reply #13

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 03:14:31 AM »
I really really don't want resort to using altfires if possible. Also, I know everyone already wants new classes but I'm only doing 4 for now. The rest is up to the modders.

I hope to release this publicly tomorrow. I'll still be working on it and maybe making more maps of my own but I'm guessing a lot of people just want to know how things are done etc so they can tinker with their own singleplayer adventures.

December 26, 2012, 03:20:18 AM
Reply #14

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 03:20:18 AM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
a lot of people just want to know how things are done etc so they can tinker with their own singleplayer adventures.

This made me feel so giddy. :p