Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Game Mode] LMSGames Version 1e  (Read 63303 times)

June 24, 2013, 06:46:19 PM
Reply #15

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Game Mode] LMSGames *PUBLIC BETA* 1
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2013, 06:46:19 PM »
Some suggestions for things that I'd like to see

* Generic Lava Platforms ends up being a complete stallfest once you get past a certain points. There's two ideas I have to fix this:
     > The wind will occasionally change to a random direction, forcing players to keep an eye on their movement
     > Instead of just dropping two at a time, the drops will stagger, meaning someone can get trapped if they don't plan their jumps right
     > Make all but the center platform drop at once on occasion, giving the center a purpose to exist rather than just making it impossible to see the other side     and pissing off new players
* Musical Elevator kind of boils down to "Wait for Gutsman G and pray that he saves you in the end." Buff Mega Fist's pushing power, Buff Super Wind Storm to actually be super, make Gutsman G freeze with the music and make him slightly less of a complete server-clearer.
* Magical Flight is random BS luck mode because aiming the projectiles is incredibly difficult and the room is incredibly big, especially once you hit a certain amount of players. Maybe the ceiling height could scale based on the number of players remaining, or at a certain time the ceiling would start pushing players down slowly?
* Anti-Social Projectile Dodging: The Magnet and Dive Missiles have an effective range of nowhere. They don't even reach the platform.
* Also on Anti-Social Projectile Dodging, it's near impossible to tell where everything is half the time. Perhaps the projectiles could play soft sounds to make it a bit harder to get blind-sided by a Hard Knuckle?
* Pharaoh Man's Scavenger Hunt is all kinds of infuriating. I know the gimmick is supposed to be the traps, but some of them are just outright mean in an already difficult scavenger hunt. The labyrinth, in particular, should kick you back out instead of outright killing you; it's already enough of a pain to navigate as-is.
* ...The labyrinth is also pretty easy to speedrun and kind of boringly easy once you figure it out. If you do the above, revamping it to be a bit more complex and having it spawn you in random places would make it a bit more interesting.
* Super Telly is an absolute joke. Buff him so he scales with server population.
* Space Train: Who the hell is the conductor, and why does he always die ten seconds into the round?

June 24, 2013, 06:52:14 PM
Reply #16

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2013, 06:52:14 PM »
Quote from: "Ivory"
It's an imageshack link.
Odd. It seems to be linking to imageshack.com. I use imageshack.us, which I use and images from there load correctly.

EDIT: I googled Imageshack. It came up with imageshack.us. I also searched for Imageshack on Wikipedia and it links to imageshack.us. Something's fishy here.

June 24, 2013, 11:27:01 PM
Reply #17

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2013, 11:27:01 PM »
Oh boy where do I start.

Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
Fusion Jousting.
It must be done. :ugeek:

Already way ahead of you.  :cool:

Quote from: "LlamaHombre"
- Guts Man G doesn't freeze when the music stops, potentially leaving everyone to die when he's still throwing people after the music stops. Already fixed.
- Generic Platforms become a bit stally when two people are left. You may need to make one or two more platforms fall at once, because matches get really drawn out with only two falling. I never really thought it would get that far but it will be fixed.
- A better indication for becoming the constructor would be helpful You're the only one teleported.
- A lower height cap might help better regulate the pace of the Star Rod game It had a pretty low height before, so I have no idea what Zandronum is doing, but I'll look into it.

Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
uh oh

(click to show/hide)
Thanks, I need something to replace the other laggy one.

Quote from: "xColdxFusionx"
* Also on Anti-Social Projectile Dodging, it's near impossible to tell where everything is half the time. Perhaps the projectiles could play soft sounds to make it a bit harder to get blind-sided by a Hard Knuckle? Chasecam is allowed and encouraged. I already had to make duplicates of everything so adding a sound is no problem
* Anti-Social Projectile Dodging: The Magnet and Dive Missiles have an effective range of nowhere. They don't even reach the platform. Fixed
* ...The labyrinth is also pretty easy to speedrun and kind of boringly easy once you figure it out. If you do the above, revamping it to be a bit more complex and having it spawn you in random places would make it a bit more interesting. I'll look into it.
* Super Telly is an absolute joke. Buff him so he scales with server population. He actually does...he just enters the pain state too often and can't do anything.
* Space Train: Who the hell is the conductor, and why does he always die ten seconds into the round? He is susposed to defend the reactors from being shot. You can buy upgrades but no one ever seems to do so. He might get a health buff.

June 25, 2013, 03:14:59 AM
Reply #18

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: June 05, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2013, 03:14:59 AM »
I personally love this game so far and can't wait to see more of it.

Can I recommend a game where you just place all the players in a very small room, give them weak weapons, and have them cumulatively bludgeon each other to death?

Also, a recommendation that I haven't read yet, could you maybe make the elevator platform smaller?

June 25, 2013, 03:47:43 AM
Reply #19

Offline Tfp BreakDown

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 13, 2012, 10:48:09 PM

• View Profile
    • http://askmagnetman.tumblr.com/
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2013, 03:47:43 AM »
I have a suggestions for the musical elevator map. For weapons that may or may not make more "fun". How does the idea of having roll's broom from the powered up expansion and a centaur flash (or and flash bang weapon) that can push people? also there is a glitch with the train map in which the conductor won't appear and we end up stuck after destroying the reactors.

June 25, 2013, 04:30:13 AM
Reply #20

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2013, 04:30:13 AM »
PROGRESS

(click to show/hide)
If all goes well, I should have it done by tomorrow. :ugeek:

June 25, 2013, 06:08:52 AM
Reply #21

Offline leoalex50

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 29, 2012, 02:13:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2013, 06:08:52 AM »
wow if thats a 8-bit remake of the special stages in sonic 2 and sonic rush then gj it looks good

June 25, 2013, 06:56:24 PM
Reply #22

Offline ZeStopper

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 04:06:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2013, 06:56:24 PM »
It's probably going to be played like the special stages in Sonic Rush, right?

June 25, 2013, 06:57:50 PM
Reply #23

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »
Yeah, it'll probably work closer to Sonic Rush than Sonic 2. There's no insane loops or dives in the track, it's all honest speed-based dodge-and-run action. There are still ring checkpoints though so make sure to grab as many as you can!

June 25, 2013, 08:57:58 PM
Reply #24

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2013, 08:57:58 PM »
Can't wait for the new special stage, though I bet people will ask me to not participate later on. I almost already have the first stage down pat every single time.

June 25, 2013, 10:20:11 PM
Reply #25

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2013, 10:20:11 PM »
I humbly present to you

BUTTSECKS

must be loaded alongside LMS Games

June 26, 2013, 02:16:15 AM
Reply #26

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2013, 02:16:15 AM »
I've been working on improving / fixing bugs on the current maps. I should be done with that by tomorrow. Here are the proposed changes so you can yell at me if I've missed anything.

(click to show/hide)

After that, I will hopefully spend the next week making new maps. Here is what I'm probably going to add:

(click to show/hide)

Feel free to post more ideas / maps here.

June 26, 2013, 02:38:50 AM
Reply #27

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 02:38:50 AM »
Maybe you should change Evil Yashichi's behavior or "attack"? It's annoying when you are killed by something that you can't see, and then realize the Devil was 32 units or more away from you.

June 26, 2013, 10:50:45 AM
Reply #28

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 10:50:45 AM »
Idea.

(click to show/hide)

June 26, 2013, 10:15:02 PM
Reply #29

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2013, 10:15:02 PM »
Random poll time: what music should be used for a wavebike race map. It'll probably look like 2ndcoop's gravity wave castle (but without the gravity switching).

(click to show/hide)