Advanced Search

Author Topic: Fortress Boss Classes.  (Read 8862 times)

August 01, 2014, 09:42:51 PM
Read 8862 times

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
Fortress Boss Classes.
« on: August 01, 2014, 09:42:51 PM »
So, there are several types of class mods. Some of which include Justified, YD, CCSC, and the list goes on. However, none of these lets you play as the massive bosses that you would encounter in the Wily Fortresses. Don't worry though, that's what this mod plans to do.
We're currently looking for coders and spriters. We plan on having all of the fortress bosses (excluding Wily Machines) in this mod someday.

Current Version : V1b

Current Members:
Me - Lead Developer
Jdude330 - Co-Developer
Zerp - Beta Tester
<BB>Mikey - Beta Tester
<BB>Fr3akGamer - Spriter

Planned classes for next version:
None
(Bugfixing Update)

Current Classes:
(Base, but that doesn't really count)
Ballade
Enker
Punk
Yellow Devil
Weapons Archive
CWU-01P
Gutsman G

If you have any ideas about a class, post them here along with what they would do.

Download : https://www.mediafire.com/?9jdip6ioa7tdiss

Screenshots:
Yellow Devil
(click to show/hide)
Punk
(click to show/hide)
Ballade
(click to show/hide)
Enker
(click to show/hide)
Weapons Archive
(click to show/hide)

Changelog
(click to show/hide)

August 01, 2014, 11:35:51 PM
Reply #1

Offline Jdude330

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 22, 2013, 12:57:40 PM

• View Profile
Re: Fortress Boss Classes.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:35:51 PM »
Oh, hey. this topic exists now. Yeah, Sonicfam and I will be working on this, and I promise you will at least get Gutsman G.

August 02, 2014, 01:57:54 AM
Reply #2

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
How would buebeam trap work
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 01:57:54 AM »
We literally have the boss weapons from the game, but modified for an altfire (right down to the part where they execute map ACS scripts...). This obviously doesn't work because forced movement for attacks is silly and just plain bad. YD, the only original chracter, has a slow firing needle cannon and some random, slow, over the top dash attack. The weapon's archive has INFINITE LEAF SHIELD. Some weapons are dual fire and others are not. The HUD on the dual weapons only show the weapon you are firing instead of having the other still remain. YD's translation doesn't work (and the HUD is ugly because the colors are reversed) and the weapon archive's skin conflicts with rush coil's pickup sprite.

But hey, at least you can't pick up ammo!

August 02, 2014, 11:53:55 AM
Reply #3

Offline Jdude330

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: How would buebeam trap work
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 11:53:55 AM »
Quote from: "Gummywormz"
We literally have the boss weapons from the game, but modified for an altfire (right down to the part where they execute map ACS scripts...). This obviously doesn't work because forced movement for attacks is silly and just plain bad.
I Don't know, I joined this project because I liked the awkwardness of forced movement battles, but they will probably be not AS forced next update.
YD, the only original chracter, has a slow firing needle cannon and some random, slow, over the top dash attack.
Yeah, his mainfire needs a fix, but his dash needs a nerf. just 1 good aim and you get a K.O
The weapon's archive has INFINITE LEAF SHIELD.
that can be fixed with a concept I had in mind: Weapon archive's weapons use ammo, but the ammo regenerates if you have the set. (slash claw and chill spike got a bit OP at times, so this could fix that too.
 Some weapons are dual fire and others are not.
That is intentional:
Code: [Select]
//Ring Boomerang and Leaf Shield were too OP to be paired with other items. That's why they're seperate. Tornado Blow will also be separate.[/color]
The HUD on the dual weapons only show the weapon you are firing instead of having the other still remain.
I've had mixed feelings on changing it. Since you can't fire 2 at once, I think we'll keep it, but you will see both weapons when not firing.
 YD's translation doesn't work (and the HUD is ugly because the colors are reversed)
I haven't really messed around with enough to fix this one. I'll give it a shot, though
 and the weapon archive's skin conflicts with rush coil's pickup sprite.
Yeah, that needs a fix. stuff got awkward when you were firing at a Rush Coil...

But hey, at least you can't pick up ammo!
I'll work on these after Gutsman G is Finished. he won't have as much forced movement, as Gutsman G really doesn't have much.

August 02, 2014, 03:16:54 PM
Reply #4

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 03:16:54 PM »
After looking at those responses, here is what I have to say:
The MMKillers will be removed, they were mostly a test. IF people like them enough, I might keep them but they would get a complete overhaul. The mainfire obviously needs to be fixed, I was actually in the proccess of fixing it whenever I saw that, except the altfire is slow for a reason. I tested it with bots (probably not the best way to test something but meh) and whenever it was fast, it was ridiculously OP. I was also thinking about giving Weapons Archive an ammo bar that regenerates as Jdude330 mentioned. Also as Jdude mentioned, some weapons are meant to be dual-fire and some aren't, it was just a matter of what was op, and what wasn't. I realized basically everything paired with Leaf Shield would be OP. I shouldn't even have to explain why Tornado Blow and Ring Boomerang are separate. However, I might, keyword being MIGHT there, combine Leaf Shield and Tornado Blow. I wanted to do the dual-firing huds, except it looked too awkward with Slash Claw, might try again to see what I could do about it. I'd actually love to have dual-firing huds but Slash Claw is what made me step back. I'll fix Yellow Devil's hud immediately. I actually didn't notice Weapon Archive doing that, I mostly noticed it turning into Quick Boomerang. Anyway, I'll fix that too. You can expect CWU-01P next update, it's nearly done!

August 04, 2014, 02:56:54 PM
Reply #5

Offline Jdude330

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
More Progress:
GutsmanG: 90% complete, still buggy
CWU-01P: 80% complete, altfire needs to be finished.
We still need to fix some bugs, and then Beta-test it.

August 05, 2014, 02:04:16 AM
Reply #6

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 02:04:16 AM »
V1B has finally released! Go ahead, try it out and report any bugs you find!

August 09, 2014, 04:34:08 PM
Reply #7

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2014, 04:34:08 PM »
How much testing do these even go through before they get released?  30 seconds?

In five minutes, playing alone, I noticed that CWU-01P's gameplay style is awful.  The gravity is the same for it as for every class, so it feels unnaturally heavy; it has a single pitifully slow projectile and a slightly faster pitiful projectile that has a generation timer that takes forever; and the latter of which, you can charge up faster by holding down altfire if you dare endure the weapon-switch sound feedback.  It doesn't feel like I'm playing as this creepy, outlandish bubble machine—it feels like I'm playing as the most miserable machine ever.
Guts-Man G is similar, with no clearly defined way to tell where his claw attack even hits, not to mention the fact it can't break Party Balls no matter how hard you try.  The altfire takes a similar amount if not the exact same amount of time to charge, also has the weapon-switch-sound feedback if you try to fire it before it's ready, and also isn't really that useful.  He also uses the default settings for gravity and movement, so he also doesn't feel like Guts-Man G.

I determined all this simply by playing alone for five minutes or less.  I shudder to think of how actual playtesting of this mod would go.

August 09, 2014, 08:00:37 PM
Reply #8

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2014, 08:00:37 PM »
Alright, CWU-01P will be made a bit floatier, I noticed that he's a bit heavy yet I completely forgot that you could change the class's gravity. His altfire is actually a lot more powerful than you think. It was a 1-shot, but I'm changing it to a constant-firing laser. I'll fix the bug where you can charge the altfires faster. The main reason the primary fire was slow is because it does 20 damage per shot. Except the slowness doesn't mean much whenever YD has a projectile which does 15 damage and is way faster. So it'll get sped up some. Gutsman G will get his primary fire fixed completely, it'll show the slash claw graphic so that it's easier to tell where it hits. Also I fixed the bug where you couldnt hit party balls. The altfire cooldown will be sped up as well. Also Gutsman G is going to get nerfed with his abilities of strafing. It makes sense since he has treads as feet so he can't exactly strafe like that. I was sort of worried about changing the gravity of classes to make them heavier than the default because I didn't want MM8FRO to be that one map where all of the low gravity classes camp on the snowboards. Also this is still a W.I.P. so things will be a lot better. Though we're still looking for beta-testers if you would like to help.

August 10, 2014, 11:39:59 PM
Reply #9

Offline <geminibro>

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 30, 2013, 07:49:22 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2014, 11:39:59 PM »
So i have a pretty short review of this mod and it's classes.

I haven't tried Enker and Punk yet, from the looks of it. they're just very negligibly modified boss weapons.

Ballade is kinda mediocre, and kinda hard to get a grip of, due to the poorly modified boss weapon. Ballade mine, ballade mine, ballade mine and a ballade cracker.

Yellow Devil is kinda neutral IMO.

Gutsman G is very underpowered, and very hard to play as.

The Weapons Archive is very overpowered, along with CWU-1OP, for The Weapons Archive, maybe alter the weapons so it could act like the boss it takes the weapons from? (For example, slow for Frost Man, medium speed for Napalm Man, fast for Tornado Man)

Overall, this mod is pretty mediocre and i can understand that this *could* be your first classes mod, but hey, practice makes perfect!

August 11, 2014, 02:27:19 PM
Reply #10

Offline Jdude330

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2014, 02:27:19 PM »
Quote from: "<geminibro>"
So i have a pretty short review of this mod and it's classes.

I haven't tried Enker and Punk yet, from the looks of it. they're just very negligibly modified boss weapons.

Ballade is kinda mediocre, and kinda hard to get a grip of, due to the poorly modified boss weapon. Ballade mine, ballade mine, ballade mine and a ballade cracker.
We are cureently trying to fix these.

Yellow Devil is kinda neutral IMO.

Gutsman G is very underpowered, and very hard to play as.
Gutsman received a HUGE nerf while I was gone, Fixed.

The Weapons Archive is very overpowered, along with CWU-1OP, for The Weapons Archive, maybe alter the weapons so it could act like the boss it takes the weapons from? (For example, slow for Frost Man, medium speed for Napalm Man, fast for Tornado Man)
More like shorten the bar.

Overall, this mod is pretty mediocre and i can understand that this *could* be your first classes mod, but hey, practice makes perfect!

August 23, 2014, 01:38:13 AM
Reply #11

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 01:38:13 AM »
I will be quitting MM8BDM for now due to the horrendous community, HOWEVER this mod is not dead. I will give complete control of the mod to Jdude330, hopefully he'll make a new topic or something. I'm not quite sure how it'll work out but he'll figure out something.

August 23, 2014, 02:05:26 AM
Reply #12

Offline OrangeMikey

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2013, 01:37:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 02:05:26 AM »
I guess I'm removed from this project because sonicfam decided to hate me for being mean to someone who was mean to me.

August 23, 2014, 12:14:56 PM
Reply #13

Offline Jdude330

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 12:14:56 PM »
Quote from: "OrangeMikey"
I guess I'm removed from this project because sonicfam decided to hate me for being mean to someone who was mean to me.
No, You may stay if you wish. However, progress may be slowed down, due to the fact that I tend to do A LOT of projects

August 23, 2014, 02:26:14 PM
Reply #14

Offline OrangeMikey

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 13, 2013, 01:37:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2014, 02:26:14 PM »
Quote from: "Jdude330"
Quote from: "OrangeMikey"
No, You may stay if you wish. However, progress may be slowed down, due to the fact that I tend to do A LOT of projects

oh, ok, ill stay