Advanced Search

Author Topic: Help interpreting de-compiled ACS  (Read 1234 times)

January 13, 2011, 05:55:48 AM
Read 1234 times

Offline SickSadWorld

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 AM

• View Profile
Help interpreting de-compiled ACS
« on: January 13, 2011, 05:55:48 AM »
I'm trying to make use of one of the bosses in MM8BDM in a custom map but naturally the important bits are hidden (I can respect this). It is not my intention to steal anyone's intellectual property in this regard, but I feel it is healthy for the community to continue to make use of the tools and gameplay concepts presented in MM8BDM... perhaps to draw more people into the game! If there is a concern with learning about this functionality and specifically this actor then I will request that this conversation end and the thread locked; in this event please accept my apologies in advance.

What I'm looking for is a bit of help in interpreting this de-compiled ACS to reimplement some functionality. The actor definition I'm interested in references this script to define certain behavior.

Google seems quite sparse with regard to ZDoom related things so I'm wondering if you experts can shed some more light on this.

(click to show/hide)

EDIT: I've basically got this boss working the way I want in a map but the only thing missing is a pain state. The actor itself does not have a pain state but I think the mystery is in this decompiled ACS with a hidden state or behavior setting the actor state that is not immediately obvious. How do you make it flash with like the mm2pain sound?