Advanced Search

Author Topic: MegaMan Adventure Story For The Game  (Read 5695 times)

November 21, 2014, 11:01:03 PM
Reply #15

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 05, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

• View Profile
Re: MegaMan Adventure Story For The Game
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2014, 11:01:03 PM »
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
Quote from: "BookofDobson"
Quote from: "Messatsu"
Yes, there are a lot of skins.  Here's the reasons jumping frames are completely unreasonable:

1.) It would require jumping rotations for every skin in the game.  This is over 80 skins easily of which need 5 rotations each.
You are aware that not every RM has jump sprites right
2.) In ADDITION, it would require jumping ATTACK frames as well.  So yup, another 400 frames to draw (bare minimum, I'm lowballing the skins big time)
Wait... so you can afford to do whole expansions but 8 frames for almost every skin is way too hard and to long?
3.) Climbing ladders would look incredibly stupid with the jump animation.
Yea because walking into the ladder(or idling up one) look way more cooler and less stupid than one foot higher than the other showing SOME effort of climbing
4.) Every custom skin would break.
UPDATING! and the fact that multiple people are going to be adding 8+ frames

So yea, it's pretty much never going to happen.  It's not worth it for the cosmetic effect in the core game.
You kinda sound like one person is gonna be doing all this. "unreasonable" is debatable but the fact that multiple people will be in on this makes the argument of "TOO MANY" a tad lame
Expansions add roughly 8 skins which need all the rotations, you are basicly asking to as he mentioned do another 5 frames for each of the over 100 skins already in the game.
1. So the SGC Demo was 8 skins? K guy. 2.To be honest... if JC classes can do it (that was more than 8 skins BTW) what makes it different other than the custom skins breaking
 We are easily talking about over 500 frames for just the jump alone, another 500-1000 for firing frames cause some skins use two frames for firing.
Actually doing the math that would be maybe another 500 or less (for frames), looking back on JC. Less being cutting the corners on extra frames (unless you wanna talk about charging)
Not ever boss having a jump animation means one needs to be MADE, like how not ever boss has a run animation for many had them made, hell less bosses have running animations then don't.
Well, I guess that is true.
And yes, ever single custom skin would break, and not everyone who made a skin is around anymore to update their skins, or the skill to do jumping frames (which would be challenging to make rotations for, even more so then running), so that would be over 200 skins AT LEAST that would break.
Personally I wouldn't mind but thats just me. I also forgot about people being around. Your argument about the jumping being harder than running is hilarious tho
You really have a rather low concept of how the process of things being done works don't you?
That's just you acting like I forget a lot of things and taking me way too seriously (like with the maps). Jumping isn't really important the argument here is "why"

Quote from: "Messatsu"
1.) So you're point is that for those robot masters there's no difference anyway.  Not a compelling argument.  Also don't forget that some robot masters like Bubble Man actually have multiple frames of air (or water) animation.  So that's 2x the load for those.
Then cut. corners. Or is there too many skins that would look wired with one less jump sprite?
2.) In relation to #1, I forgot that robot master like Metal Man also have multiple frames of attack animation, so again, 2x the workload there.  Also, yes, 9 games CAN be covered....over many years time.  (The original workload by CMM and crew is astounding though)
same as one.
3.) It looks less stupid than Megaman with his arms up in the air.  This is subjective, but.....no ...no it's not, it would look stupid.
Walk into a ladder to climb it. K.
4.) All those skin creators aren't necessarily around any more.  So for those skins they would remain broken.
Some are but yea I forgot that.

Look, you can argue the point endlessly, it's not going to happen.  As I mentioned above it's a purely cosmetic and the work needed to make it happen is so massive compared to the payoff that it makes no logical sense.  And yes, even for 2,3,4, or even 5 spriters, it's pretty unreasonable.
I know it's not important. I am just wondering why and in the end its still "TOO MANY" but whatev subject change!
 Let's move on from this subject please.

On an unrelated note, yes, MMV is currently scheduled as an official expansion.  The other games are not and are fine if someone wants to make a fan expansion.

November 21, 2014, 11:12:02 PM
Reply #16

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2014, 11:12:02 PM »
As someone who's worked on roughly 80+ skins, official and custom, going back to make jumping and climbing frames (plus rotations) for every core skin sounds like a nightmare.

That's time better spent working on more important aspects of the game. Creating 8 new skins (sometimes more) for each new expansion with the traditional set of sprites is trouble enough. It's possible to add those extra sprites, but it's just not worth it. The stand/walking frames for jumping and climbing don't even look that weird in a silly game like this.

November 21, 2014, 11:14:14 PM
Reply #17

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2014, 11:14:14 PM »
A classe mode has not infinite skin, so they can make jumping frame (in a classe mode or limited number of skin-classes in a mode)
But in vanilla, you have a ton of skins, it can be more than 100, more and more custom skins too, so yeah...it's not useful. :)

November 22, 2014, 12:48:16 AM
Reply #18

Offline BookofDobson

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 05, 2014, 11:04:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2014, 12:48:16 AM »
Guys
subject ch... actually there is nothing left for this thread. Lock?

November 22, 2014, 02:13:47 AM
Reply #19

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2014, 02:13:47 AM »
I would like to mention that while, yes, Justified does have a lot of jumping sprites, as I mentioned earlier, most robot masters that had jumping sprites in their original games had them converted into hit sprites, so making those were much easier for the Justified team. Their other sprites often have inconsistencies in rotations and their quality tends to vary a bit more than the core would like, as we are trying to improve our sprites already.
That being said, the Justified team's work ethic is impressive compared to some of the other mods floating around here, and I do appreciate how much spriting work they actually get done, even if I may not always agree with the quality.

Also, don't tell the moderator team when they should lock topics, thanks. Pretty sure we can divine when a conversation has run its course(That point in this topic was roughly nine posts ago when Mess said why it wouldn't happen, and you proceeded to list the same reasons why it's possible a few times, even though they were talking about plausibility, not possibility).