Advanced Search

Author Topic: MM8BDM V6 - Development begins!  (Read 160295 times)

February 11, 2019, 11:42:00 AM
Reply #75

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Re: MM8BDM V6 - Development begins!
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2019, 11:42:00 AM »
Redundancy is the main reason for not creating new mobility items. The more there are, the more players have to learn.

Or you could have it spawn underneath you if you're a certain distance from a wall, then zip you up to the top of it like a Wheel Cutter. Considering the existence of Item-1, having Item-3 act as slow and clunky as it did in MM2 is just a downgrade from what we already have, especially in an arena shooter.

This is probably the best suggestion I've seen for Item-3 so far though.

February 11, 2019, 05:03:49 PM
Reply #76

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2019, 05:03:49 PM »
That's a fantastic idea, and one I'd love to see, be it in core or in a mod. Item-3 always seemed too unwieldy to be useful, but if it worked like that, I think it would make for some interesting map design. I guess it'd be a sort of vertical counterpart to Item-2?

February 11, 2019, 10:20:18 PM
Reply #77

Offline Superjustinbros

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• Something
  • Date Registered: October 29, 2012, 03:32:09 AM

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2019, 10:20:18 PM »
If that was how Item-3 worked, I would absolutely love to see it in action.

February 14, 2019, 02:49:33 AM
Reply #78

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• Just a wandering Programmer
  • Date Registered: December 02, 2017, 02:26:40 AM

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2019, 02:49:33 AM »
Also, I was poking around the MM8BDM-V5d pk3 and I noticed that inside the folder with Mega Buster sprites, there were also unused (?) sprites of the Level 3 Charge shot. Are there any plans to implement this in the main game?

February 19, 2019, 10:18:13 PM
Reply #79

Offline Hunters120

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 19, 2019, 10:14:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2019, 10:18:13 PM »
Hello! I have a question:
Could you add the "Random" on the Bot Setup? It means that any characters will be selected automatically! No need to choose and it'll be easy to just randomize a bot for the Offline Skirmish in Multiplayer!

- Thank you! ;)

February 19, 2019, 11:44:06 PM
Reply #80

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 19, 2019, 11:44:06 PM »
Also, I was poking around the MM8BDM-V5d pk3 and I noticed that inside the folder with Mega Buster sprites, there were also unused (?) sprites of the Level 3 Charge shot. Are there any plans to implement this in the main game?

Not at the moment. The sprites are still there as they are used by certain cutscenes/bosses.

Could you add the "Random" on the Bot Setup?

Unfortunately this is out of our hands as we can't mod that part of the engine. However, if you use the "addbot" command on the console a random bot will be added for you.

February 21, 2019, 04:28:32 PM
Reply #81

Offline Hunters120

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 19, 2019, 10:14:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2019, 04:28:32 PM »
Ok! Thank you. :)

March 05, 2019, 06:00:18 PM
Reply #82

Offline Beam

• Standard Member

• 4th generation lightning user... self reference
  • Date Registered: June 26, 2016, 09:01:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2019, 06:00:18 PM »
I was thrilled when I saw some version of the MM8BDM come out some day ... so much so, that I would even like to see what they need in the team to help them, maybe with some sprites, sprite animations, I could even help them with a little programming , I say, I create some own weapons for the game

March 19, 2019, 02:05:32 PM
Reply #83

Offline Dr. Freeman

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: December 22, 2010, 10:43:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2019, 02:05:32 PM »
Good evening. Thanks for tuning in. This is Jonathan Metro with Channel 7 News, here to keep you updated with what experts have been calling the Roboenza Outbreak. As of this report, no cure has been found for this mysterious cybernetic virus that is sweeping our nation. So for the time being, it is best to stay indoors for your own safety. We urge you to deactivate any robots you may have to prevent them from contracting this virus. Any robot who contracts this "Roboenza Virus" will go berserk and attempt to harm anything it sees- robot or human.

However, while there is currently no lead on stopping the virus, fascinating developments have occurred. It seems that some of the infected robots have begun gathering together at specific locations. We thought this was strange, so we sent our best team out to try to snag some pictures of this unorthodox behavior.

A number of infected robots have taken up residence at this old castle site. It would appear that the Robot Master Blade Man has taken complete control of the castle and will not hesitate to attack anyone who comes close. Luckily our team here at Channel 7 News is one of the best, and were able to take these stellar photographs and get out of there without coming in harm's way.

That said, with the sprawling halls of the castle, the rocky cliffs surrounding it, and the large courtyard out front, this old castle seems terrific for a Deathmatch Arena... if we didn't have a national emergency on our hands.

In other news, Light Labs has released footage today of some changes they are pushing out to their tournament-ready weapons! Let's take a look at an exclusive before and after comparison!

Did you see it? Tomahawk Man's Silver Tomahawk has become even stronger! You may be wondering why, but Light Labs made it very clear in a press release later that day. They stated that nearly every weapon has been made approximately 33% stronger! I cannot claim to know the reasoning behind this change, but thankfully we have received a note that sheds a little more light on this change.

"You might be thinking to yourself 'What's the point of all this change? The game's been like this for years!' In truth, one of the biggest criticisms we've heard from our players is that Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch is just too slow compared to alternatives, and that defensive play is simply too good. There were many avenues we could have taken to attempt to alleviate this issue, but most of them would have come at the cost of increasing the complexity of the game even further. Our chosen solution is to simply increase the damage of most weapons in the game while also increasing the amount of HP you gain from health pickups.
This might seem counter-intuitive, but let me explain. Increasing the amount of damage projectiles do lowers what is called "Time-To-Kill," or how long it takes to frag someone. That part is obvious, and already helps increase game speed. The second prong, to nerf defensive play, is that when Health Pickups are STRONGER, then players will reach full health quicker and therefore be looking for their next fight quicker.
Now, we have consistently said that nearly every weapon is around 33% stronger. This is because there are some standout weapons that are just too powerful when given the blanket buff. These are things like Slash Claw and Homing Sniper that will become too overbearing if they become capable of killing players with one shot. Hopefully you understand where we are coming from, and we look forward to hearing from you on the forums.
TL;DR: Most weapons deal more damage to make people die faster, HP heals more to make people fight more often, and some weapons will be more fine tuned to not kill you instantly."

Well it's a good thing I'm a reporter and I don't have to understand what any of that meant!

Either way, it looks like that's all I have for toda- ...
Wait, this just in! It would seem that Dr. Light and Auto have finally finished their research in the training simulator and have implemented a brand new feature!
...Wait, "Data Corrupted"? Well, show it anyway, we might as well try to make out what we can.

Hmm... What could it mean?

March 19, 2019, 03:05:14 PM
Reply #84

Offline hansungkee

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 24, 2017, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2019, 03:05:14 PM »
Oh Crap! Make Development With Mine Sprites with Update!!
And you're Awesome!

March 19, 2019, 06:41:16 PM
Reply #85

Offline doominator500

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 10, 2019, 05:35:26 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2019, 06:41:16 PM »
Mega Man 10 being the best Mega Man gamein my opinion makes me doubly excited about this!

March 19, 2019, 07:18:58 PM
Reply #86

Offline Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Recipe for Success
  • Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »
It's really great to finally see the game's pacing being addressed. Though, I have to wonder, are the campaign's bosses being tweaked in light of the damage increase?

March 19, 2019, 08:51:03 PM
Reply #87

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2019, 08:51:03 PM »
It's really great to finally see the game's pacing being addressed. Though, I have to wonder, are the campaign's bosses being tweaked in light of the damage increase?

Since it's easy to tweak how much damage they take from each weapon, yes.

March 20, 2019, 02:22:56 PM
Reply #88

Offline MegaVile

• Standard Member

• [Necromancer of Saxton Hale]
  • Date Registered: August 06, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2019, 02:22:56 PM »
A confused question.
Is the new object going to be one of the runes from DOOM or not?
Seeing as how CBM already covers the Spread rune and Drain Rune, and perhaps might cover future runes later I thought it would be possible to ask now if it would be another rune.
Otherwise, my only other suspicion is the Terminator object, but that is a capsule of Evil Energy, and not Roboenza and nobody plays Terminator, so that theory is debunked.
Either way, be it rune or terminator or neither, deconfirmed or not, I look forward to seeing how this campaign plays!

March 21, 2019, 12:32:35 PM
Reply #89

Offline Turbodude

• Warrior

• Minus the whole 'dude' thing.
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2010, 12:06:31 AM

• View Profile
    • My Twitch! (Fightingpolygonteam)
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2019, 12:32:35 PM »
Giving a touch-up to the game's general pacing and speed is a genius idea. It'll take a bit of relearning but I welcome it immensely.