Advanced Search

Author Topic: Ghouls vs Humans NES  (Read 78982 times)

November 03, 2012, 03:02:37 AM
Reply #30

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
Re: Ghouls vs Humans NES
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2012, 03:02:37 AM »
Quote from: "Korby"
-snip-

Okay, a couple of my suggestions were a bit hasty, but it's annoying that the whole game just feels completely unbalanced. Everything feels like it should be different.

Also, the comment about Choke being durable was because I remembered reading that Choke had 150 HP. Might have had him mixed up with someone else.

Sjas, Yurei, and Cacodemon comments still stand. Sjas needs to be toned down somehow, Yurei needs to be made something other than just a more powerful Creeper, and Cacodemon needs to be able to actually do something other than sit there and eat lead.

November 03, 2012, 03:21:03 AM
Reply #31

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2012, 03:21:03 AM »
Cacodemon needs a buff. That is all on that.

Sjas doesn't seem horribly bad damage-wise, but that uber-fast flight problem is just stupid. I was in a game where there were 3 humans all firing at a Sjas flying around and not hitting him. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Yurei. DAT FLAMIN VORTEX A TERROR! Is that instakill? Because every time I see him, he pulls that out and I don't even try to run. :|

November 03, 2012, 03:55:59 AM
Reply #32

Offline Giantmega

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: September 07, 2012, 07:06:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2012, 03:55:59 AM »
I Got A Problem when trying to join the Deathwind's GvH Nes Server, After The Skulltag loads, It Says Im Not Using The Same Pk3's As The Server When I Already Got The GvH8BDM.pk3

November 03, 2012, 03:58:54 AM
Reply #33

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2012, 03:58:54 AM »
Do you have the mappacks loaded as well?

November 03, 2012, 04:17:32 AM
Reply #34

Offline Giantmega

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: September 07, 2012, 07:06:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2012, 04:17:32 AM »
Yes, I have them loaded, and get the same thing, "Make sure ur using the same pk3's as the server"

Other Problem is that its doing this to every server i try to join now ^.

November 03, 2012, 04:34:28 AM
Reply #35

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2012, 04:34:28 AM »
Make sure you don't have anything wrong in the skins folder. Just skins and music/taunt packs.

November 03, 2012, 04:49:56 AM
Reply #36

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2012, 04:49:56 AM »
Quote from: "TheDoc"
Sjas doesn't seem horribly bad damage-wise, but that uber-fast flight problem is just stupid. I was in a game where there were 3 humans all firing at a Sjas flying around and not hitting him. HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Sjas can do up 105 damage if he's on top of you. One-shots on a lightning-fast death machine is kind of scary. My opinion: Nerf his damage so that he becomes the "evasion tank" who draws attention and gunfire.

Quote from: "TheDoc"
Yurei. DAT FLAMIN VORTEX A TERROR! Is that instakill? Because every time I see him, he pulls that out and I don't even try to run. :|

Flame Vortex does 20 damage per ball iirc. Which is obnoxiously powerful at close range.
I originally designed the thing for a glass cannon. They made it into a death machine.

November 03, 2012, 07:02:35 AM
Reply #37

Offline Hilman170499

• MM8BDM Extender

• BLUE FOR DAYS!!!
  • Date Registered: March 18, 2012, 05:49:26 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 07:02:35 AM »
Should Frostbite be weak to something that beats ice?

It kind of makes sense. Furthermore, Frostbite "shatters" upon death.

November 03, 2012, 07:04:28 AM
Reply #38

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 07:04:28 AM »
I think someone mentioned Frostbite was weak to fire.

I don't see how that shattering thing really makes sense but ok.

November 03, 2012, 07:27:54 AM
Reply #39

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 07:27:54 AM »
So my thoughts:

Regarding humans:
(click to show/hide)

Regarding ghouls (in general):
(click to show/hide)

Regarding ghouls (one by one):
(click to show/hide)

I have to admit: I have no experience with the original game. It's just not something I was attracted to try for a number of reasons. This is the first public release, everything's virtually done. An amazing job at getting this done, I have to congratulate the developers of this for bringing this to fruition. It really is amazing.

That doesn't stop me from glancing the numerous design flaws and balance issues that this mod has. Maybe they aren't issues in the original game, given that perhaps maps were designed around these abilities and classes. Sadly, this is not the case for MM8BM and as such, measures must be taken. I don't want to bring the developers of this port or anyone down because of such balancing issues: this is by no means a bad modification. It is, in fact, one of the most interesting mods for MM8BDM, and I can see this becoming overplayed in a while. But as this is the first release, issues and bugs are bound to surface, no matter how much it was tested or discussed or who did.

November 03, 2012, 07:44:39 AM
Reply #40

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 07:44:39 AM »
(click to show/hide)
astroman

Quote from: "MusashiAA"
Choke: Grab Sjas' already OP mainfire, and give it a faster RoF PLUS TWO medium range 1HKO attacks, while keeping the same movement speed and removing flight. That's Choke. OK, let's see:

NERFS: Reduce the ripper melee attack so it does 75 damage tops and for God's sake, reduce the rate of fire by 30%. Nerf the Blood Ball shot to do 90 damage, nerf the blood puke attack to not 1HKO on a single spew.

two mid-range ohkos

what the heck are you talking about

choke's blood vomit is only "useful" close range, and even then, it's just so you can run away and not die from things. you basically have to be right next to choke for that thing to kill anything, and if you're right next to choke, you're doing it wrong.

blood ball is hard to aim, and if you're hit up close, again, you got too close to a ghoul and it's your fault.

do keep in mind my posts are usually my thoughts and not the developer's

November 03, 2012, 08:26:02 AM
Reply #41

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 08:26:02 AM »
(click to show/hide)
astroman

You damn well know better than anybody that Astroman has flight limitations. Astroman wishes that he could fly like the free bird that is Cacodemon.

Quote from: "MusashiAA"
Choke: Grab Sjas' already OP mainfire, and give it a faster RoF PLUS TWO medium range 1HKO attacks, while keeping the same movement speed and removing flight. That's Choke. OK, let's see:

NERFS: Reduce the ripper melee attack so it does 75 damage tops and for God's sake, reduce the rate of fire by 30%. Nerf the Blood Ball shot to do 90 damage, nerf the blood puke attack to not 1HKO on a single spew.

two mid-range ohkos

what the heck are you talking about

choke's blood vomit is only "useful" close range, and even then, it's just so you can run away and not die from things. you basically have to be right next to choke for that thing to kill anything, and if you're right next to choke, you're doing it wrong.

blood ball is hard to aim, and if you're hit up close, again, you got too close to a ghoul and it's your fault.

do keep in mind my posts are usually my thoughts and not the developer's

Yeah, there was all of that. Blood ball is hard to aim, and you're forced to stop for it to charge. It is still a very good projectile weapon for a class with a theme that involves mostly very powerful melee attacks. Blood vomit is medium range in the sense that, as Choke, close range is the range his mainfire attack can cover...which isn't much. But yeah, I give you those.

But not fucking Astroman, come on, I swear to God you better be messing with me.

November 03, 2012, 08:30:58 AM
Reply #42

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
It's like Kappak all over again.
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 08:30:58 AM »
I should mention that (one of the many) the biggest flaw with this mod is that where the real GvH is played on with its own mappack which is tailored to its gameplay, MM8BDM maps are in no way designed with this in mind. So yes, Sjas having infinite flight is problematic here.

But I will say this. I still don't like this mod. I'll take the real GvH over this any day. Mega asked me for help a long time ago, and it absolutely annoys me to see problems I mentioned almost a year ago STILL exist.
Basically, this entire mod takes the balance of GvH, and throws it away without any regard. What's left this horrible mess that puts a shame to the GvH name. Except that Nordic Saga is still exists. But this is pretty darn awful.

November 03, 2012, 08:35:48 AM
Reply #43

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 08:35:48 AM »
way to piss on everyone's parade Ivory

yes balance problems exist
yes Sjas can go suck on a lemon
but does EVERYTHING need to be changed
and why does Mush want the Humans to have all dem nerfs

I'm working on a (somewhat lengthy) post with lots of smart guy details so wait for that

November 03, 2012, 08:47:48 AM
Reply #44

Offline Ivory

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: August 25, 2009, 08:17:59 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.cutstuff.net/
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 08:47:48 AM »
Oh, I'm sorry for not finding this to be amazing like everyone else Smashbro. I didn't realize that it was mandatory to have to like it. But you know, a good whack of these balance problems like Choke and his invulnerability frames was crap I already mentioned like a year ago. And they still exist today. Then they get complained about during the actual release.

This is exactly what happened in Kappak. Kapus asked for my feedback. I gave it. He barely acted on anything I said when it got released, everyone was complaining about the things I brought up. I must be the Cassandra of feedback or something. I don't really have too much to say that hasn't already been mentioned in this thread already. So I'll leave it at that.

I would also appreciate if you would stop trying to call me out on every possible opportunity Smashbro. I know pretty damn well if anyone else had said this, you would have been far less likely to call the person out like you just did.