Advanced Search

Author Topic: canceled project  (Read 3889 times)

August 20, 2016, 12:28:07 PM
Read 3889 times

Offline LemonPig

• Standard Member

• Im Chompdoge
  • Date Registered: August 09, 2016, 06:46:02 PM

• View Profile
canceled project
« on: August 20, 2016, 12:28:07 PM »
canceled .
why?bcause i really suck at everything. expect new material in some months in MAP sections.

August 20, 2016, 01:21:12 PM
Reply #1

Offline Promestein

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 27, 2013, 04:02:37 AM

• View Profile
Re: MMXBDM:First realase!
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 01:21:12 PM »
Boomer Kuwanger's map is done? Really?

No offense, but it seems to me like you just threw 'something' together just to say you've completed something in this.

August 20, 2016, 03:35:00 PM
Reply #2

Offline Trillster

• Time Lord

• what's a code
  • Date Registered: July 18, 2014, 08:42:32 PM

• View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: MMXBDM:First realase!
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 03:35:00 PM »
No offense, but it seems to me like you just threw 'something' together just to say you've completed something in this.

I also agree to this, while I appreciate the enthusiasm to start a new expansion. You really ought to have higher standards. I mean just look at this map.
(click to show/hide)
It's a glorified box with a few sectors raised here and there. It's not interesting to play on because half of the time you'll be walking the huge distances with nothing to look at. Not only that but the textures used are atrocious on the eyes due to the huge abundance of them. I'd also suggest that you update the main posts with screenshots, nobody really enjoys downloading a mod with no idea on what it's about beforehand.

EDIT : I also just realized, shouldn't this technically be under W.I.P. Projects rather than ACS/Decorate Modification?

August 20, 2016, 07:39:41 PM
Reply #3

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
Re: canceled project
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 07:39:41 PM »
Yea buddy, if you want to make a map, you will need to improve, and mapping takes time, not a couple of hours, and the amount of time you spend on the map will be reflected in it's quality. Take a look at maps in most any map pack, expansion, or the core game, they are detailed, full of paths and rooms, and make use of multiple textures along the way to improve the overall look of the map.
I suggest heading on over to the Tutorial Collections and checking out some of the mapping related ones, I suggest starting with Rozark's (it's pinned) since he is a great dang mapper.
Also, if you are truly passionate enough to wanna become a mapper, maybe even get in touch with other mappers and see if they have any pointers they could give you.