Advanced Search

Author Topic: TMK4's Workshop (News regarding grad life and, oh, Saxton Hale too)  (Read 159272 times)

April 24, 2013, 12:54:17 AM
Read 159272 times

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
Hello guys, and welcome to my "workshop." Here I will basically introduce any projects I am working on or post my own fixes to other game modes made by other people. I am always willing to help people in any way I can, so don't be afraid to ask me. The worst that could happen is that I just do not know the answer to your question, but I would do what I can to get you to the right person, though.

Mega Man World

This originally was my Coop Enemy and Boss Resource Pack, but since Coop interest is increasing a bit again, I figure now is the time to act to really get the interest going. This is a full fledged MMSP-like project. The mod itself is fairly similar in gameplay to the original MMSP project but there's quite a bit more to do, as you also have the option of doing additional bonus missions that can be done along the way of the original mission, that is beating the RM of that stage. More details will be placed here as development of this mod continues.

Because of my ambitious goals of covering more than one Mega Man game in a single mod, I will need quite a bit of help to make this a reality. This post will keep track of various parts of the mod that has work done to it and what still needs to be done. I hope to have an official release every time a game gets completed. If you want to help out, post in this thread or contact me by PM or Skype about the kind of work you want to do. Any help that I can get would be greatly appreciated, as this mod actually serves two purposes: to get people playing Coop again and also the work done to this mod can be used by other map and mod makers in their own projects. All of the work in this mod is free to be used in other projects.

My highest priority at this point is finishing Mega Man 1, but work for future games will also be accepted. Anything marked by NOT OPEN means the feature is planned, but the actual details are not fully thought out yet.

EDIT: Haven't updated this in quite some time. Weapon and Enemy/Boss work at this time is closed off for anyone outside the dev team (unless they do not mind the extra help or people wanted to help code a future boss/weapon).

Progress:

Mega Man 1:

Enemies: Done!

Bosses: Done, aside from some little details like graphics and testing.

Maps:

"Remodeled" Light's Lab: ??% (still trying to add some features to it and maybe change the overall area a little bit) [Claimed by myself, remodeling being done by Blaze]
Cut Man: 90% (bonus missions yet to be added) [Claimed by myself, imported from CMM's MMSP]
Guts Man: 5% Taken [myself]
Ice Man: Roughly 40% Taken [Knux]
Bomb Man: 0% OPEN
Fire Man: 0% Taken [someone outside the team]
Elec Man: Roughly 80% Taken [someone outside the team]
Time Man: 0% Might be taken, not 100% sure
Oil Man: Roughly 90% Taken [myself]
Bonus Stage: 0% NOT OPEN
Bonus Stage 2: 0% NOT OPEN

Weapons: Pretty much done, my team just needs to sort everything out.

(Any games below this point are not high priority, but will still accept work)

Mega Man 2:

Maps:

Metal Man: 0% OPEN
Air Man: 0% OPEN
Bubble Man: 0% OPEN
Quick Man: 0% OPEN
Crash Man: 0% OPEN
Flash Man: 0% OPEN
Heat Man: 90% (bonus missions yet to be added) [Claimed by myself, imported from CMM's MMSP]
Wood Man: 0% OPEN

Mega Man 3:

Maps:

Needle Man: 90% (bonus missions yet to be added) [Claimed by myself, imported from CMM's MMSP]
Magnet Man: 0% OPEN
Gemini Man: 0% OPEN
Hard Man: 0% OPEN
Top Man: 0% OPEN
Snake Man: 0% OPEN
Spark Man: 0% OPEN
Shadow Man: 0% OPEN

Mega Man 4:

Maps:

Bright Man: 0% OPEN
Toad Man: 90% (Need to fix a small bug with my revision of Toad Man's super that relies on the map, and need to add bonus missions) [Claimed by myself, imported from CMM's MMSP]
Drill Man: 0% OPEN
Pharaoh Man: 0% OPEN
Ring Man: 0% OPEN
Dust Man: 0% OPEN
Dive Man: 0% OPEN
Skull Man: 0% OPEN

(More games will be added later, I know content exists now for Napalm by CMM, and Stone and Blizzard by Max)

Credits (VERY outdated):

CutmanMike for various enemy coding
Cutstuff team for various enemy sprites
Magnet Dood for various enemy sprites
Blaze for Crazy Cannon sprites and other yet-to-be-revealed enemy sprites
Freakgamer for various boss jumping frames (I'll probably just credit the entire Justified devteam at some point)
Kapus for Shield Attacker sprites
Knux for Foot Holder sprites

Archives

These are mods/fixes that are no longer being worked on at this time. I probably will not pick these back up, but I will certainly answer any questions about them.

Roboenza Epidemic [Based off of CutmanMike's Roboenza wad]

(click to show/hide)

Endless Attack [original, but based off the mode from MM9 and MM10]

(click to show/hide)

Saxton Hale Rebirth [Community Project] [Implemented partly in Rebirth ++]

(click to show/hide)

Mega Man Mafia [By Darkseed] [Discontinued since Darkseed had returned with an update to his own mod]

(click to show/hide)

Saxton Hale Overhaul [Revision of Balrog's Saxton Hale, implemented partly in R6-R7, but will be fully implemented in Rebirth]

(click to show/hide)

Hide and Seek [original]

(click to show/hide)

Mega Man Race [original]

(click to show/hide)

Other Works

This section is for current projects that are not my own, but instead I am assisting with the projects. As such I may not be allowed to answer some questions even if I wanted to, sorry!

None at this time.

Need Help?

I can offer help to people that wish to make their own mods. I mainly can provide beta testing, but I can also help with ACS and some Decorate. I don't have a set template for what information I need to help out, but you can simply PM me and tell me in detail what you are trying to accomplish and what help you need. If I like your idea, I will do what I can to help make it successful. I also am willing to provide test servers if you need one.

April 24, 2013, 07:04:52 PM
Reply #1

Knux

Re: Mega Man Race (Working Title?)
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 07:04:52 PM »
Sounds interesting, Tails. I'll try it when I get the chance to, which is likely on Friday.

April 25, 2013, 05:53:56 PM
Reply #2

Offline Tengu

• Donator

• the frogs are gay
  • Date Registered: May 17, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 05:53:56 PM »
Hey this isn't a bad start, I'll play around with it some more later.

April 25, 2013, 06:58:42 PM
Reply #3

Offline Fyone

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 09, 2011, 06:43:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 06:58:42 PM »
Lap count has lots of bugs, I would suggest re-testing it and bugfix where necessary. I'll let you know if I can pinpoint the lap count problems more precisely. Cutman's spikes are too close together making them look almost an eyesore. Other than that I didn't see any other noticeable problems.

April 26, 2013, 12:50:49 AM
Reply #4

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 12:50:49 AM »
So basically Battle 'n' Chase with a more wavebike-tastic, Mario-Kart-esque shenanigans?

...Sign me up!

May 01, 2013, 11:34:05 PM
Reply #5

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Fixing Mega Man Mafia/Assassin)
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:05 PM »
(Reposted due to update on thread, and not wanting to double post...)

So I figure I would try to fix up Darkseed's Mafia Mode, and although I got a few things taken care of, I do have a few questions:

1. How do you resolve the W Tank error? Right now sometimes it does not fill up a weapon when pressed, and I think it does not work on MM8 weps. Unsure, though. Perhaps it has to do with the "Player" class?

2. There was coding in here to remove certain weapons from the player inventory, but it does not seem to work for all of them. For example, people still have Leaf Shield even though the coding was supposed to remove it.

3. I was told to change the Assassin Class a bit, with changing the "A_Stop* feature to something else, but I forgot what it was. How do you allow someone to move in the situation *A_Stop* is normally called?

May 01, 2013, 11:46:08 PM
Reply #6

Offline Balrog

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: February 08, 2011, 07:41:17 PM

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Fixing Mega Man Mafia/Assassin)
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 11:46:08 PM »
1. Check WCOLORS.
2. Your weapon replacer is probably resolving before the LMS weapon giver for some people. (or something.)
3. Pretty sure that v3a replaced A_Stop in pain states with A_ScaleVelocity(0.65). (It's A_ScaleVelocity(0.85) for FlashBomb damage, for reference.)

May 02, 2013, 03:34:20 AM
Reply #7

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Mega Man Mafia Fix Released!)
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 03:34:20 AM »
My fix has been released! Enjoy a version of Mafia that isn't bogged down with glitches.

http://static.best-ever.org/wads/megama ... fix%29.pk3

Just be sure to place this AFTER the original mafia v4b file.

EDIT: Two more things.

1. I am accepting requests for the mod. Since I have not seen Darkseed for a while, I shall take over for the time being. I have some people I can ask for help anyway.

2. The weapons replacement doesn't seem to work online, but all other fixes do. Weapon replacement was the lowest priority fix anyway.

May 06, 2013, 05:38:19 PM
Reply #8

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2013, 05:38:19 PM »
I'd like to say that we should have maps designed specifically for this gamemode. Large maps that aren't wide open. (MM2DW1 is terrible for this gamemode!)

It's hard to get someone quietly without anybody knowing. These maps will probably also lack music, or just have ambience.

Think about "Trouble in Terrorist Town."

May 07, 2013, 02:41:35 AM
Reply #9

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2013, 02:41:35 AM »
That's an interesting thought. Perhaps this could also allow me to get feedback on my map design (and not have a constant reminder by Gummy about one of my old maps...).

While the topic of Mafia is brought up, I took a little break after finishing the fix, and I might just take this project over as a learning experience. I have compiled a list of requested changes/features that were made during the time the development was active that Darkseed was considering (ideas underlined means that I will be able to do it on my own):

(click to show/hide)

I didn't want to go through 25 pages of the original thread, but if anyone wants to take a look around, be my guest. If anything looks like good, go ahead and post it. I'll see if I can get in ideas that are generally accepted. Just keep in mind I am new to editing Decorate, so I may need some help doing so.

These are some ideas I had in mind:

(click to show/hide)

May 07, 2013, 03:00:03 AM
Reply #10

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2013, 03:00:03 AM »
Quote from: "TailsMK4"
Possibility of all weapons LMS gives and Still haz knife // Only 1 Weapon (+ Knife for assassin)

What does this mean again? I certainly hope you're not saying that the assassin will have the LMS weapons as well, because then it'll be impossible to find him.

Also, will the assassin have a limited number of I-Tanks or will there be a cooldown period?

May 07, 2013, 03:26:35 AM
Reply #11

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2013, 03:26:35 AM »
That's basically what they mean, the assassin having the weapons the survivors have. As for I-Tanks, I'm keeping it at 2.

May 07, 2013, 10:06:46 PM
Reply #12

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2013, 10:06:46 PM »
Quote from: "TheDoc"
I hope you're not saying that the assassin will have the LMS weapons as well, because then it'll be impossible to find him.

If traitors can't have the same weapons as you in TTT, matches would go much faster.

May 23, 2013, 10:46:47 PM
Reply #13

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Balrog Saxton Hale RNC V1B Fix Released
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2013, 10:46:47 PM »
Got another update for you guys. This time, it is a fix that Jolteon and I worked on to make RNC v1b compatible with Balrog's SH. Hope you guys enjoy it, and I will be putting up a server with this fix shortly! I will just say the both of us learned quite a bit from performing this fix.

May 24, 2013, 03:20:11 AM
Reply #14

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Balrog Saxton Hale RNC V1B Fix Released
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 03:20:11 AM »
Hey Tails, about that fix you just released. Whenever I tried joining your server, my sound went out. I could hear my music, but no other sound played. And no, it's not my settings, because whenever I joined any other server/started the game normally, it would be normal. This glitch used to happen to me all the time whenever I attempted to join a Saxton hale + classes server.

Also, whenever I closed the game, it crashed. That never happened before.