Advanced Search

Author Topic: [EXPANSION] Mega Man DOS/PC 1 & PC3 Expansion  (Read 148682 times)

July 24, 2013, 01:59:27 AM
Reply #765

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
Re: [EXPANSION] Mega Man DOS/PC 1 & PC3 Expansion
« Reply #765 on: July 24, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »
I've noticed that since you apparently fixed the conflict between Oilman PC and the Oil Canisters in Oilman PU map, that the Oilman PC skin had "No Frames" according to Zandronum, and thus, the Oilman PC bot was Megaman.

Turns out, the SKININFO wasn't actually updated to change OILP to OILD.

Here, I fixed it for you.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/523 ... 26Bots.pk3

(I can't WAIT for this expansion to be done!)

July 24, 2013, 02:28:54 AM
Reply #766

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 24, 2013, 02:28:54 AM »
Quote from: "geno"
I've noticed that since you apparently fixed the conflict between Oilman PC and the Oil Canisters in Oilman PU map, that the Oilman PC skin had "No Frames" according to Zandronum, and thus, the Oilman PC bot was Megaman.

Turns out, the SKININFO wasn't actually updated to change OILP to OILD.

Here, I fixed it for you.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/523 ... 26Bots.pk3

(I can't WAIT for this expansion to be done!)
Oopsy again. Thanks Geno, completely forgot to fix him in this and not just the skin itself.

July 24, 2013, 02:43:52 AM
Reply #767

Offline Magnet Dood

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• Rockman 5- Blues' Trap!?
  • Date Registered: April 19, 2011, 08:13:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 24, 2013, 02:43:52 AM »
Dagnabbit, you beat me to it!

I'll see about whipping up the separate tiles to save you guys some time.

August 20, 2013, 12:15:55 AM
Reply #768

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
FGG rant post [nothing bad guys]
« Reply #768 on: August 20, 2013, 12:15:55 AM »
I'm making this post mostly in response to the post made in the V4 topic stating these games are very likely to not be included in the core game. Now before you guys say "oh dear he is going to preach about getting it in." I'm not. I saw that coming, and it was said many times before.  I don't EXPECT this expansion incorporated into the core. My goal for this expansion, is to make it the next PU expansion. Or at least out of the WIP section.

Many of the newer members may not remember when PU was a separate Expansion, or when it was a prime expansion. Back when every server had PU loaded simply because, there was no reason NOT to. Solid remixed maps, 2 new skins, 5 new weapons, 2 of buster upgrades (one an Eddie only one), and the energy balancer.  That is how I want this expansion to get. "Why not add it? 10 new maps to play, 9 new weapons and they only show up on those maps or in LMS games."

Now to focus on certain people, the "I can't wait for this expansion"ers. If you can't wait, well I have a way to help ease your ability to do so. Go get DB2, Slade, and start mapping. Thats all we need folks, and Dood, Blaze and Me can't do them all ourselves and this is a community expansion, which means the "devs" for this expansion, is Dood, with me and Blaze to a lesser extent, and guess what, none of us are devs.  We need 3 "good" maps folks before Lego will allow us to use his DOS weapons. If you don't think you can make a good map, well whats the harm in trying anyway? We all started somewhere.  We have a mappers group on Skype, and everyone there IS willing to help out, trust me, I've gotten plenty of feedback whenever I've asked something and I KNOW I'm not one of the most liked mappers.  With criticism and the ability to ask for help and get it, you can make a pretty darned good map. Hell my first map SUCKED, my map pack SUCKED, my original version of Skull MI SUCKED. I still make crappy maps, hell most of my maps are crappy save for a few gems (aka Torch).

Which brings me to Linnie, I hope you read this, cause I saw your very very WIP Wave. Don't give up on it. Really, your very first map was a damned good one. And you got past the hardest part already, offering. You know how many times I've seen people offer to help this expansion since I got here?  Dood taking it up, Me, Blaze (who originally started it), a few other skinners (one of which ended up getting banned), Smash (doing graph paper layouts), and Kackle when he started doing Music recently.  You'll come up with something, and something is better then nothing.

This concludes my pseudo rant about this expansion, thank you for giving your valuable time to sit down and read this.

August 20, 2013, 01:04:41 AM
Reply #769

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

• View Profile
    • http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mega_Storm/index/
« Reply #769 on: August 20, 2013, 01:04:41 AM »
Hm. If I can get my mapping thing ready and such, I might start working on making a map for this, possibly. Probably a smaller map, though. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

...Which maps are available?

August 20, 2013, 01:28:09 AM
Reply #770

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 20, 2013, 01:28:09 AM »
Wave Man (PC) - ? Unless Linnie is still doing it.
Blade Man
Bit Man
Shark Man - ? Unless Gemini Bro is still doing it.
Volt Man
Sonic Man
Dyna Man
Wily (MM3DOS)

August 20, 2013, 01:30:01 AM
Reply #771

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

• View Profile
    • http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mega_Storm/index/
« Reply #771 on: August 20, 2013, 01:30:01 AM »
Hm... I'll probably give Volt Man a shot. I'll get down what I want to do with it before it gets textured;