Advanced Search

Author Topic: ATF- Assault The Fort  (Read 2946 times)

August 12, 2016, 02:54:22 AM
Read 2946 times

Offline LordDamager

• Standard Member

• Its me.
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2013, 10:39:17 PM

• View Profile
ATF- Assault The Fort
« on: August 12, 2016, 02:54:22 AM »

Assault The Fort is a mod that aims to replace CTF Flags with Batteries or Cores that each team must protect and destroy.

Both blue and red team sport a battery core where their flag would have been. The goal is to protect their battery while destroying the enemy team's battery.

The cores look like these:
(Battery Core sprite may be changed in the future)

Both of the batteries are stationary and defenseless on their own, however each battery comes equipped with a shield that will soak up the damage for them, and these shields replenish themselves over time as long as they are not being attacked. Each core does not receive any damage at all until the shields are depleted.

The mode was originally designed with at least 2 or more members per each team in mind, and with proper coordination in planning attacks to destroy the cores.

If you would like to try the mod for yourself, we have a vanilla version and a version that contains a semi-dedicated class pack for more team-styled game play.

Vanilla: allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=atfalpha1.15j3.pk3

Classes: allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=atfclasses0.21.pk3

Damage Patch for classes: allfearthesentinel.net/download?file=atfc_damagepatch_2.pk3

Note: The damage patch should be loaded after the classes are loaded, otherwise the batteries will get destroyed by each class very fast!

Credits:
(click to show/hide)

If you have any suggestions/balance ideas, please post them here!

Stand ready to defend your core.

August 12, 2016, 09:43:20 PM
Reply #1

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
Re: ATF- Assault The Fort
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 09:43:20 PM »
I always wanted to try something like this but I find it's kinda hard to do coordinated pushes in Doom. Sounds cool though, hopefully I can catch a server with it up and see how it plays.

August 12, 2016, 10:37:31 PM
Reply #2

Offline Jakeinator

• Justice League Member

• Me draw ooga booga
  • Date Registered: September 13, 2011, 06:26:12 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 10:37:31 PM »
The best parts of this are easily when either team gets their offense and healers together for a good push. Both defending against a crazy enemy raid and wrecking an enemies defense in a hectic, fast-paced fight is incredibly fun.

August 13, 2016, 07:08:00 AM
Reply #3

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 07:08:00 AM »
I played this a couple weeks ago while it was in testing. Server was like 3v3, waltzed up to the enemy fort as a Heavy and just held M1 on it 'till we won.
It was pretty alright, it was a nice thing to just sit back and relax with.

I'll check it out later now that it's been updated more.

August 13, 2016, 07:34:44 AM
Reply #4

Offline Ehibika

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 15, 2015, 06:43:37 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 07:34:44 AM »
Things have changed quite a bit since then, we are (or really...I am) actively working on class balance since, and have introduced some new classes to fulfill more roles, we've had some pretty exciting games since then.

needless to say, it's not nearly as easy to just scoot over to the enemy base as heavy and pound the battery with the gattling.