Advanced Search

Author Topic: [EXPANSION] Rockman 4 MI (Under New Management!)  (Read 45842 times)

March 23, 2012, 12:21:51 AM
Reply #30

Offline Davregis

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 16, 2011, 07:44:46 PM

• View Profile
Re: [EXPANSION] Rockman 4 MI
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2012, 12:21:51 AM »
My god, I love this game. I hope this mod won't die before completion.

March 23, 2012, 02:19:04 AM
Reply #31

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2012, 02:19:04 AM »
dont worry daveris, i plan on getting drillman done sometime during spring break (in a week or so). i wont give way to my part so easily. as for others, im not sure. im not them XD

March 23, 2012, 06:13:40 AM
Reply #32

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2012, 06:13:40 AM »
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"
Does anyone mind if I claim the HCR Boomerang and the Pharaoh Shotgun?
If you are going to do Pharaoh Shotgun may I make a suggestion, it was something HD and I talked about back when he was going to do the weapons.  Just too keep it from being too broken, make the shoots despawn after a short distance, keeping it a short range weapon like a real shotgun, that has a charge to it.

Just a suggestion.
Actually, I was going to make it so that every "level" of Pharaoh Shotgun deals identical damage; however, the projectile will shrink over time. By charging the attack to its highest level (and therefore greatly increasing its size) the projectiles will take longer to shrink themselves into nothingness, therefore increasing the attack's general range.

In short, you can rapid-fire the attack to blast at melee range, or you can charge up the attack for a mid-ranged spread. The charge will affect the range of the attack instead of the damage, making for a unique charge weapon.

I think you'll all be pleased with the creative tweaks I make to each weapon. I want every weapon to be unique enough from existing in-game counterparts that they "stand out" from the crowd, so to speak. In a sense, it's what Mike did to similar in-game weapons (Plant Barrier, Skull Barrier, and Star Crash for instance) by de-cloning them. Rather than have three one-time shield weapons, we have a healer, an invuln, and a hugger. I intend to do the same with the MI weaponry.

March 23, 2012, 12:53:30 PM
Reply #33

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2012, 12:53:30 PM »
so, i should definitely leave placeholder weapons then? is there going to be a code, like pharaoh shot = pharaoh shotgun?

March 23, 2012, 01:58:53 PM
Reply #34

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2012, 01:58:53 PM »
I say just use placeholders for now.
---
Request for all people making the weapons: please add an A_JumpIfInventory("MinimumActive",1,"MinimumShot"). In the minimumshot state, make it refire slower, and make the projectiles themselves slower (by just inherting from your original projectiles and changing their speeds, and make it shoot that). Also, if someone could rip the fully animated explosion effect, that would be nice.

March 23, 2012, 03:17:49 PM
Reply #35

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2012, 03:17:49 PM »
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
Does anyone mind if I claim the HCR Boomerang and the Pharaoh Shotgun?
If you are going to do Pharaoh Shotgun may I make a suggestion, it was something HD and I talked about back when he was going to do the weapons.  Just too keep it from being too broken, make the shoots despawn after a short distance, keeping it a short range weapon like a real shotgun, that has a charge to it.

Just a suggestion.
Actually, I was going to make it so that every "level" of Pharaoh Shotgun deals identical damage; however, the projectile will shrink over time. By charging the attack to its highest level (and therefore greatly increasing its size) the projectiles will take longer to shrink themselves into nothingness, therefore increasing the attack's general range.

In short, you can rapid-fire the attack to blast at melee range, or you can charge up the attack for a mid-ranged spread. The charge will affect the range of the attack instead of the damage, making for a unique charge weapon.

I think you'll all be pleased with the creative tweaks I make to each weapon. I want every weapon to be unique enough from existing in-game counterparts that they "stand out" from the crowd, so to speak. In a sense, it's what Mike did to similar in-game weapons (Plant Barrier, Skull Barrier, and Star Crash for instance) by de-cloning them. Rather than have three one-time shield weapons, we have a healer, an invuln, and a hugger. I intend to do the same with the MI weaponry.

Th-that is beautiful sounding and perfect.

Quote from: "Rozark"
so, i should definitely leave placeholder weapons then? is there going to be a code, like pharaoh shot = pharaoh shotgun?
Full blown placeholders yes.  I've already put Dust Crusher, Skull Barrier and Ring Boomerang in Skull's beta map to place hold the MI versions, so unless you plan on the normal version of a weapon to be in your map I'd use those.

Also for the person doing Pharaoh's, the different effects kicked in at specific points of the stage, hope that helps.

March 23, 2012, 03:23:50 PM
Reply #36

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2012, 03:23:50 PM »
I'm just making it so that a new effect is done every few minutes.

March 23, 2012, 03:35:15 PM
Reply #37

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2012, 03:35:15 PM »
Quote from: "Gummywormz"
I'm just making it so that a new effect is done every few minutes.
That works too. It certainly would seem like thats whats happening anyway. The part that gave it away was when you walk from the part with one effect into the reverse and you end up getting stuck a bit unless you quickly switch directions

March 23, 2012, 04:25:50 PM
Reply #38

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2012, 04:25:50 PM »
in other news.. this morning i made the blueprints for drillman... and im loving it :D. (i might even start earlier than spring break :o)

Is there any gimmicks i should be aware of for drillman?

March 23, 2012, 04:56:05 PM
Reply #39

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »
Find out for yourself:

March 23, 2012, 05:06:48 PM
Reply #40

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2012, 05:06:48 PM »
Find out for yourself:

Hm, I'd say a very basic map and not too gimmicky, the most gimmicks were in the upper path at the start, the Uranus falling blocks and the ground man style up 'n downs.  Or the boss room.

March 23, 2012, 05:17:34 PM
Reply #41

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2012, 05:17:34 PM »
i suppose i could add crushers somewhere, but im not guaranteeing it for myself

March 23, 2012, 08:36:39 PM
Reply #42

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2012, 08:36:39 PM »
Request for all people making the weapons: please add an A_JumpIfInventory("MinimumActive",1,"MinimumShot"). In the minimumshot state, make it refire slower, and make the projectiles themselves slower (by just inherting from your original projectiles and changing their speeds, and make it shoot that). Also, if someone could rip the fully animated explosion effect, that would be nice.
But no other weapon in the game does that, and we aren't making classes weaponry. Also, the MI weapons don't do that in-game, so why here?

I can also see that causing a problem with HCR Boomerang, the darn thing's finicky enough as-is (and I do NOT want a repeat of the infamous "Ring Laser Cannon" glitch). It might be a cool addition for, say, Water Cutter, but for some weapons -- mainly Hell Wheel (uses ammo as a timer), Pharaoh Shotgun (relies on ammo to fuel charges), and Drill Missile (oh god the horror) -- I really don't think it would pan out too well.

I'm actually supporting the whole "keep shooting a nerfed version" thing for Water Cutter ONLY, but other than that I don't think it's a good idea.

March 23, 2012, 08:41:43 PM
Reply #43

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #43 on: March 23, 2012, 08:41:43 PM »
It's for the minimum gimmick in Pharaohman's stage. There's no powerhalffiringspeed or anything like that.

March 23, 2012, 08:43:53 PM
Reply #44

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
oh wow, in that case I read your statement COMPLETELY differently :ugeek:

In my mind, I thought you meant that the weapons keep firing if they have no ammo, just at a reduced rate. However, you were thinking of an alternate Fire state that just shot slower weapons at a narrower rate of fire. In that case, I'll happily oblige.

still think that Water Cutter should do the nerf lazer though