Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Maps] The HiFN Mainstream Map Pack [8/14/11]  (Read 11255 times)

January 13, 2011, 11:58:48 PM
Read 11255 times

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: January 02, 2011, 07:12:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/MizoretiRandemz?feature=mhum
[Maps] The HiFN Mainstream Map Pack [8/14/11]
« on: January 13, 2011, 11:58:48 PM »
Since the overall overly large 20032x20032 large map was scrapped by me due to how large the map had become, I have separated the map from its whole into a new list of Maps designed with Duel in mind, but adaptable for All Modes; Including Rage Roboneza w/(o) Classes, and Duel w/(o) Classes.

This Project's point is to complement the Map-Line up with more balanced maps for all modes. It will also be a way to replace maps of places that have become bland and uninteresting, due to many of any one factors that recur.

The majority of all work on this map can be credited to me, with the exception of the following people that have helped with an aspect of one of more factors:
(click to show/hide)
To this point, I accredit these following people that I can remember at this moment that have helped.
(click to show/hide)
To Date, These are the Maps Currently inside of HiFN_DM_V1A
(click to show/hide)

Detailing Images Section For Maps
HIFN01 - Cossack's Intergalactic Pathway
(click to show/hide)
Ivory - HIFN10 - (Name in Process)
(click to show/hide)

To All People Interested To Join In: Please Follow the list of instructions of how to contact me back on my server thread.

To All Music/Map/Mod Makers: I want to make something fresh and new to our fair community, and any contributions will help.
If you do choose to back this project with something collab'ed or Solo-made, you and/or the people involved will be accredited and will retain partial rights to the contribution.
Any changes/re-distributions will not be tolerated without Our/Your consent.

" For the Glory of the HiFN! "
-RanRan

May 17, 2011, 09:24:54 PM
Reply #1

Offline Captain Barlowe

• Warrior

• hell
  • Date Registered: December 10, 2010, 03:46:43 AM

• View Profile
    • ness
Re: [Maps] The HiFN Mainstream Map Pack [5/17/11]
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 09:24:54 PM »
I'll help with the looping and songs, I guess.

May 17, 2011, 10:28:14 PM
Reply #2

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:28:14 PM »
Sounds interesting. Got any screenshots?

May 17, 2011, 11:31:25 PM
Reply #3

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:31:25 PM »
Not right now. I have to fix some issues with HiFN01.

May 18, 2011, 02:03:22 AM
Reply #4

Offline Lio

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 11, 2010, 01:48:55 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 02:03:22 AM »
Oh, someone actually liked my weapon. That's pretty awesome! But before you include it in, mind if I update it first? There's a lot of things I need to change and balance out.

May 31, 2011, 09:29:23 PM
Reply #5

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2011, 09:29:23 PM »
Of course! I'd love for you to do so.

*EDIT* 5/19/11
I'm working hard on HIFN01, to reformat it. It'll have a main area layout like Topman, only the walls will be Drillman Line Defs. It'll be a boxed maze, with stairs to climb atop it in all three corners, and openings on each perpendicular direction leading N,S,E, and W.  
The inner boxed areas will be Topman-esque, by how it'll have openings on both sides, but it'll have a path inside the area that'll lead to the center room, so that no one will be lost forever.

I could really use some help with it, but I'm toughing it for now.

*EDIT* 5/31/11
HiFn01 is still being fixed and tweaked, and once it's done and checked by Yamato, I will sign it as 100%

Elemental Towers is still being worked on, as well as everything else being on the backburner. I will be partially static due to the Duel Tournament hosted by Rtist. So, bear with me, peeps.

May 31, 2011, 10:46:39 PM
Reply #6

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2011, 10:46:39 PM »
Just my opinion, but you might want to get it tested by more people than just Yamato. May I suggest Celebi, Roc's Creation, and Ivory? All of which can help you with map design for different reasons.

June 02, 2011, 08:12:15 PM
Reply #7

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 08:12:15 PM »
Quote from: "Korby"
Just my opinion, but you might want to get it tested by more people than just Yamato. May I suggest Celebi, Roc's Creation, and Ivory? All of which can help you with map design for different reasons.

Ofc. If they check in to test this weekend, I'll be happy to host and allow the scamps to run around in my house.

June 16, 2011, 08:44:43 AM
Reply #8

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior

• View Profile
[Maps] The HiFN Mainstream Map Pack [6/16/11]
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 08:44:43 AM »
Whew, what a hard month June is turning out to be. This is technically a InfoBump. >[Bump with Updates.]

I've been making good progress in redesigning HiFn01, and now must just figure out the weapons, then I will be able to work on the three-part map themes of the Elementals! [Fanfare]

Once I figure out the map and how it'll go up in design, The Elemental Tower will use SlashMan Tiles for inside and maybe outside if I find the time to design the places for it.

Once I do figure how it'll go up, I'll run a test and a poll for the map, on if there should be an outside battleground, or if it should take place on 32^3 platforms inside.

Also, I'm still looking for a Design team if anyone is willing. I've gotten a few offers and one definite for a Duel Map production, and once submitted, I will add it to the level queue.

Also, if people so wish to create a Duel Centered map, I ask that you add in the Energy Balancer so that players will be able to use it. The thread to download it is here. <<<<<<

June 20, 2011, 10:30:00 AM
Reply #9

Offline SickSadWorld

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: December 03, 2010, 07:35:28 AM

• View Profile
Re: [Maps] The HiFN Mainstream Map Pack [6/16/11]
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »
Quote from: "-RanRan"
Also, if people so wish to create a Duel Centered map, I ask that you add in the Energy Balancer so that players will be able to use it. The thread to download it is here. <<<<<<

I support this!

What kind of sizes are you looking at? Is 2000x2000 good? Bigger/ smaller?

This might be a good pack to put a map towards given the support of this special item.

June 23, 2011, 11:14:58 PM
Reply #10

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 11:14:58 PM »
@SSW: For Duel, you're going to want a map about the size of Skullman in comparison but only about three smudges bigger.
The weapons shouldn't be the run-of-the-mill OPCannons, but things that people will have to learn to use in the places.
The environment should be able to make the players think about the approach, not just rush to grab the nearest weapon and come with chagrin.
And there shouldn't be any big gimmicks to the map. Just simple fragging should suffice.

June 27, 2011, 02:15:50 AM
Reply #11

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2011, 02:15:50 AM »
Bump for the night.

I'm making several changes in HiFn01, and it'll be fixed up for testing soon. I also am experimenting with the Elemental Stages.

If only I wasn't the only one designing.. :T

July 07, 2011, 08:11:17 AM
Reply #12

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior

• View Profile
Re: [Maps] The HiFN Mainstream Map Pack [7/07/11]
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 08:11:17 AM »
Bump for the Night, and What an InfoBump it is!
In a fit of genius. I destroyed and completed HIFN01, and tested it with people I trust to help. They have deemed it good as I see it, and with that I strike HIFN01 as DONE!

Expect Screenshots within the next five days.

July 09, 2011, 03:11:22 AM
Reply #13

Offline Tesseractal

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 26, 2011, 01:36:07 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.formspring.me/IceNinth
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 03:11:22 AM »

That's an interesting statement coming from you, -Ran, as you and I both know what it means. So I'll skip to the point: What kind of design are you interested in sharing? I generally reserve my map-input for maps that are completed/largely close to completion, as I know of great deal of creators are protective/possessive/etc. of their ideas and it's easy to offend someone by acting in a way that implies your ideas are superior (even if they are, it takes large integrity to recognize that), or trying to "supplement" someone's ideas. From what I can tell, these are duel maps, correct? I get most of my ideas of map layouts AFTER playing them (which is why I look more at completed maps), so testing would be easy- simply duke it out. So, let me know what you're interested: is it ideas for existing maps, ideas for non-existing maps, or even new maps, I'm interested. I'll hold until you post screens (I'm confident in your mapping ability; you seem fairly competent in this field) but with screens I should be able to get a sense of the map style you're going for (everyone has their own, really).

The other reason I'm operating from a computer that doesn't have skulltag/related wads/skype/etc. so I'm actually not capable of much at the moment. Once I figure out things next week I'll see what I can do (permission given, of course.)

July 09, 2011, 01:07:45 PM
Reply #14

Offline -RanRan

• Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2011, 01:07:45 PM »
*EDIT* Screenies of HIFN01 have been uploaded.

Quote from: "Ice-IX"

That's an interesting statement coming from you, -Ran, as you and I both know what it means. So I'll skip to the point: What kind of design are you interested in sharing? ||Whatever the design team that signs on wants to explore, I'm open for it.|| I generally reserve my map-input for maps that are completed/largely close to completion, as I know of great deal of creators are protective/possessive/etc. of their ideas and it's easy to offend someone by acting in a way that implies your ideas are superior (even if they are, it takes large integrity to recognize that), or trying to "supplement" someone's ideas. ||I see, I'll put that on my mind. ||From what I can tell, these are duel maps, correct?||Intended for duel, really. Anyone can try it for other modes. HIFN01 is Especially derpyfun for DM. I got to 69 frags in 10 minutes with 5 bots. || I get most of my ideas of map layouts AFTER playing them (which is why I look more at completed maps), so testing would be easy- simply duke it out. So, let me know what you're interested: is it ideas for existing maps, ideas for non-existing maps, or even new maps, I'm interested. ||My ideas circulate around map concepts I have built, and destroyed countless times. They tend to require serious thought, because of how someone would play it. Overproductive , I guess. But HIFN01 was made with this logic. And in record time.|| I'll hold until you post screens (I'm confident in your mapping ability; you seem fairly competent in this field) but with screens I should be able to get a sense of the map style you're going for (everyone has their own, really). ||I'm taking them now. ||

The other reason I'm operating from a computer that doesn't have skulltag/related wads/skype/etc. so I'm actually not capable of much at the moment. Once I figure out things next week I'll see what I can do (permission given, of course.)||Let me know when.||