Advanced Search

Author Topic: Music pack not working.  (Read 1830 times)

July 09, 2018, 10:26:09 PM
Read 1830 times

Offline Yung Gotenks

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 01, 2017, 02:18:43 AM

• View Profile
Music pack not working.
« on: July 09, 2018, 10:26:09 PM »
I've made a personal .wad of .nsf files for myself that are supposed to replace some of the tracks (i named them the same as the original music codes) but when i go into the game, they don't play. I can't find any reasons as to why they won't play.
Does anyone have a possible solution for this?

July 09, 2018, 11:57:23 PM
Reply #1

Offline Hilman170499

• MM8BDM Extender

• BLUE FOR DAYS!!!
  • Date Registered: March 18, 2012, 05:49:26 AM

• View Profile
Re: Music pack not working.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 11:57:23 PM »
Did you put the files into the skins folder?
If that is the case, then here's the deal:
Anything that you place into the skins folder is auto-loaded. In Doom, auto-loaded files are loaded before any additional file. The MM8BDM files are considered an "additional file" in this case, and therefore, since it is loaded after the "replacement" music, the replacement music you put was overwritten.

That being said, there's one workaround for this, but it's an extremely risky one.

July 10, 2018, 12:06:18 AM
Reply #2

Offline Yung Gotenks

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 01, 2017, 02:18:43 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 12:06:18 AM »
Did you put the files into the skins folder?
If that is the case, then here's the deal:
Anything that you place into the skins folder is auto-loaded. In Doom, auto-loaded files are loaded before any additional file. The MM8BDM files are considered an "additional file" in this case, and therefore, since it is loaded after the "replacement" music, the replacement music you put was overwritten.

That being said, there's one workaround for this, but it's an extremely risky one.

Tell me the workaround.

July 10, 2018, 04:42:26 AM
Reply #3

Offline Hilman170499

• MM8BDM Extender

• BLUE FOR DAYS!!!
  • Date Registered: March 18, 2012, 05:49:26 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 04:42:26 AM »
Alright, this is a dangerous process, and absolutely not recommended by anyone, so try it out at your own peril.(The experts are gonna kill me for mentioning this. *sigh*)
(click to show/hide)

If you do not prefer the above method, these other methods are a thing, but come with their own downfalls:
*You can load your file as an additional file in the MM8BDM launcher, but this is best used for offline play, which while it's fun in its own right, just doesn't hold up to proper multiplayer.
*If you'd like to use your custom replacement content online without the above risky method, you can always host a server with your custom file as one of the additional files(after MM8BDM's core of course). Unfortunately, this is undesirable among some players who'd like to join. You can always make it an optional file, though.