Advanced Search

Author Topic: New Megaman Robots  (Read 13696 times)

November 04, 2018, 08:37:15 PM
Read 13696 times

Offline Beam

• Standard Member

• 4th generation lightning user... self reference
  • Date Registered: June 26, 2016, 09:01:24 PM

• View Profile
New Megaman Robots
« on: November 04, 2018, 08:37:15 PM »
Here i want to see what do you do ;) . i want see your robot masters with his/her abilities, to create mobs or a new and custom history for MM8BDM. with new megaman games based on nothing  :mrgreen: . But if you can, help to create an history for this game

November 05, 2018, 04:42:23 AM
Reply #1

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness
  • Date Registered: August 05, 2018, 05:49:10 PM

• View Profile
Re: New Megaman Robots
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 04:42:23 AM »
Here's an idea of mine: Bamboo Man!
He looks like a short but somewhat large bamboo stick cut at the head so you can see the inside, and wears black clothes meant to not hinder movement.
He enjoys relaxation and meditation, his favorite spot being a hot spring center situated in a bamboo forest inhabited by panda robots and fishes that heat up the water. He is known for his efficiency and precision.

Rumor says he despises being peeped on...

He likes to let off steam...literally. With a steam dispenser. Overheating problems, perhaps?

As for his abilities? His methods of attack include throwing bamboo spikes that stick to the ground, limiting his target's movement options. Another technique he worked on includes his built-in fertilizer. A wave of bamboo sticks sprout from the ground, which he then promptly reaps.
If he had a stage, it'd be those hot springs I mentioned, filled with traps of all kinds...Bamboo traps, of course...

Now, friend, why would you ask the users of this forum for such a thing? Are you actually willing to do some work for other people? Or is this more of a "present your OC" thing? I can't possibly see this happening, but, there you go.

Oh, and if he had a catchphrase, it'd be: "Weed'em and reap!"

November 06, 2018, 11:41:37 PM
Reply #2

Offline Trainer Ed

• Standard Member

• Just a wandering Programmer
  • Date Registered: December 02, 2017, 02:26:40 AM

• View Profile
    • My fanfiction account!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 11:41:37 PM »
Well, here's mine.
DWN-089 Actinium Man!

This French robot is silvery-white with a glowing blue power core and works by day in a lab researching radioactive materials for use in cancer treatment. During this time, he analyses isotopes using his laser scanners and bombarding them with both protons and neutrons using his Nuclide Buster. This can cause them to become either stable (By adding more Neutrons), Unstable isotopes (Adding more Electrons) or change into new elements entirely (Adding more Protons).

Unfortunately, he is also known to have an Unstable disposition and hates being dirty, which he unfortunately always is as his armour keeps reacting with the air to change into Actinium(III) Oxide in a regular environment. So his lab (And Boss Room) are both in a vacuum to prevent further oxidization, meaning he has to work with Mettaurs and other robots on a regular basis, the former of which he keeps as a pet and names 'AC'.

Upon his defeat, you get the Proton Buster in tandem with his Periodic Scan, which functions by firing more electrons at elements (Or in this case, enemies) in order to make them unstable and react to the air in different ways. Here's how it works:
1- The enemy's armour is scanned and the proton, neutron and electron count is returned on Megaman's HUD.
2- Firing a higher amount of protons than the neutron count will cause the nuclei of the element to become unstable, causing the armor to undergo rapid radioactive decay.
3- This releases Alpha Particles, Beta Particles or Gamma Rays to the surroundings depending on the type of decay caused, which in turn cause damage and radioactive disintegration of the nuclei of the surrounding enemies, with Alpha having the least penetrating power and Gamma being a light-speed ray that can penetrate any armour... Except for, specifically, a Mettaur's helmet.
4- The surrounding enemies undergo decay, causing their armours to continuously take damage. In addition, they become weak to the proton buster for a period of time.
5- ???
6- Profit!

His weakness is clearly the Oxygen Buster (DWN-008a Oxygen Man) which causes him to undergo rapid oxidization to Actinium(III) Oxide.

He likes Acid Man, taking care of AC, reading textbooks, seminars, and long walks on the beach with Radium Ice Cream.

Now, let me tell you about DWN-090 'Thorium Man...'

Sources: Wikipedia.

November 08, 2018, 09:20:24 PM
Reply #3

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 09:20:24 PM »
How about a Tesla Coil enemy?

Also, you are not planning for us to give sprite sheets and stuff like that, eh? I could work on a Bamboo Man sprite a little, but, I am no spriter, so, yeah...

November 18, 2018, 03:30:40 PM
Reply #4

Offline Beam

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 03:30:40 PM »
Perfect. if you can ... I would like you to create icons as if you really appeared in a Megaman game, just like a Scenario made in DoomBuilder. since what I want to do is a version of the MM8BDM like a fangame or an add-on for the game and that has its own story. It is a lot to ask but that is the main idea of this. you understand me no?. I would take care of the rest, like the story and the rest. I could need someone who knows how to program more than me, and who has a PC that does not explode like mine  :mrgreen:

November 18, 2018, 03:32:55 PM
Reply #5

Offline Beam

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 03:32:55 PM »
and for the sprites ... you just have to create something basic, after that I will edit them and make them animations

November 18, 2018, 05:27:35 PM
Reply #6

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 05:27:35 PM »
Huh. I could potentially make a Bamboo Man sprite but nothing else, really  :(.

Still, are you actually willing to do that for others? If so, I command you...But, you won't get far without a team. I suggest you try and tell people about your project, might attract some others. They'll probably say it's like Teaparty but for Robot Masters and the main game.

November 18, 2018, 08:40:45 PM
Reply #7

Offline Beam

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 08:40:45 PM »
for I try to do this for others and to do what I can not do alone. I say, try to make a game of MM8BDM and all the code went wrong, try to solve it, I did it, and because of a problem I delete everything and can accept the SLADE. Also, as such, I'm very wrong in the code and those things

November 26, 2018, 08:45:30 PM
Reply #8

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 08:45:30 PM »
Hey, dude, have you seen pegg's work on Discord? Pretty sure that's what you're looking for.
Might want to DM him,eh? Unless you don't have Discord. Still, I told you about your little project.
As for my own guy, well, the design is being finalized, though, I still need to learn how to put into sprite-work...Once I learn how to, I'll try and make a skin out of it. I really got the idea for how he is.

Although...I can't decide what to choose for his run animation. Which one sounds best, just like that:
A- A dynamic run, à la Megaman X.
B- A more "animé ninja" run à la Naruto.

He's supposed to have thin hands and do karate chops by the way.
Also, any ideas for his stance? I kinda wanna avoid the "boring" straight up pose, but, since some Robot Masters hold such a pose, I wouldn't be so bothered at ending up doing it if needed.

December 01, 2018, 07:34:34 PM
Reply #9

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 07:34:34 PM »
Quick question, Beam. When you said that you could "make the animation", you meant make the skins? 'Cuz if so, I'll provide with some firin' and walkin' frames, but I'm not sure about doing the rotations...Turns out, my creation's is becoming kind of a big guy... :|

December 03, 2018, 10:48:48 PM
Reply #10

Offline Beam

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 10:48:48 PM »
with that I mean you will make a template skin, I would do the rotations, the animations and the rest ... when I have it ready I'll pass them on. that's how it works

December 05, 2018, 12:38:01 PM
Reply #11

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 12:38:01 PM »
Oh, alright. That...um...Well, my design is not "bad", but, uh, I was told it wasn't really on point...I'll show you once it's done.

December 06, 2018, 07:08:51 PM
Reply #12

Offline Ruzma

• Standard Member

• darkness

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 07:08:51 PM »
Ok, um...sorry for double posting, but...uh, well, I wished to say: while my design is not "bad", it's literally, like, my 2nd sprite ever, so, again, while it's not bad, it's nowhere near close to being on point. I just don't feel like it's worth making a full-on skin out of it, man. I'll finish it, for sure, but, maybe I should just take some time to better myself first, then re-make him GOOD, then, perhaps we'll talk about making a skin out of him.

Sorry, I know this was ABSOLUTELY predictable, I have been too rash.

Note, that I'm the only person who bothered to try to go full in with your idea. Well, Trainer Ed suggested an idea...just to say, yeah, this is getting nowhere. If I make a rendition of my Bamboo Man I think looks good, maybe I'll pitch in for you to help with making a skin for him?

Alright, have yourself the greatest of lucks in future endeavors!  ;)

December 06, 2018, 11:03:27 PM
Reply #13

Offline Beam

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 11:03:27 PM »
Do not worry, as I said is a template. The quality of the sprite does not matter much as long as its figure is defined and proportional. if something strange happens that I can not adapt, I see what is done. but in the meantime you have one that is 30x30 or 25x25, as you wish

December 06, 2018, 11:10:48 PM
Reply #14

Offline Beam

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 11:10:48 PM »
I already made 4 skins, I have my avatar in the MM8BDM and I also create weapons with custom sprites