Advanced Search

Author Topic: MM8BDM The Forgotten Adventures Project  (Read 10951 times)

May 21, 2014, 03:22:27 AM
Read 10951 times

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
MM8BDM The Forgotten Adventures Project
« on: May 21, 2014, 03:22:27 AM »
As the title says, this is going to be the official topic of a new project myself and Dood will be running. The premise is to pick up a story which will take place after the ending of the Core 8BDM storyline, even though we do not know how it ends yet of course. This story will feature new characters/skins, weapons, maps, bosses and campaigns based on Megaman games and media not making it into Core.
As Ivory put it.
Quote from: "Ivory"
So like, a non-canon story to a non-canon story. Cool = w=

At the moment the story progression will go DOS + DW > R&F2 > Strat > WC with Archie and SAR in there as well. If you don't know what some of those stand for ask via PM or Skype.

At this time DOS and R&F2 will have their own releases until preparations are complete into mixing them into this project. If you wish to contribute or even join up as a dev for this project please contact Dood or myself via PM or Skype and mention how you wish to help (maps, skins, weapons, sprite art, etc), and we will tell you what is available based on that.

The general idea is for a new hub in a new lab for this project's content, within this hub similar things will be found as light's lab but built to handle the new content. The stage select will with hopes be a real level selection, allowing the players to pick the order in which they play stages. Team Deathmatch will be in effect for many parts of this story, the first part being 3 team dm throughout the campaign. But here is the kicker, the intention that you can mix and match your allies for each stage (not that it changes anything outside of the botchats)

Current Devs
(click to show/hide)

Chapter 1 + 2 DOS (The robots are revolting) is being run by Dood
This expansion is currently underway, to help out with the DOS exclusive content please visit the page. Some maps still need to be made as well as the weapons.
The non-DOS exclusive tasks require 4 Skins, 4 bosses and 1 main actor and cutscenes. Please contact one of us for details.
Campaign will include 3 team deathmatches between Player Team, Wily's Robots, and the Controlled Robots.

Chapter 3 Megaman and Bass 2 (Challenger from the Future) is also being run by Dood.
This expansion is on hold until DOS is completed, but work can still be done regarding it's exclusive content. Contact Dood for details.
Campaign will feature Player Team versus Dimensions team.

Chapter 4 Megaman Strategy will likely be run by myself.
This expansion will need textures, music, 15 skins, possibly 2 bosses, 13 maps and 12 weapons. All to be determined at a later date. Please contact myself for details.
Campaign will feature player team versus Constellation Droids with Wily Robots

Chapter 5 Megaman & ????? WC
Details at this time are going to be withheld, contact myself if you really want to work on this part already.
Campaign will feature player team versus enemy robot team.

If you really wish to contribute to 8bdm and don't feel you will ever be able to help the core game, this is your chance to help out in something more then a simple map pack or expansion. For assisting in the expansion exclusive parts please visit the expansion's page or contact the expansion heads directly, for assisting in the non-expansion exclusive parts such as DW, SAR and Archie contact myself at this time with what you kind of material feel you can contribute.
Also feel free to offer potential better names for the project as a whole.

May 27, 2014, 12:13:15 AM
Reply #1

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: MM8BDM The Forgotten Adventures Project
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 12:13:15 AM »
I want to welcome Chaos Fantazy to the project, he will be assisting in idea making, bot chat making, as well as back up skinning.

June 01, 2014, 04:58:54 PM
Reply #2

Offline PotatoStrike

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: March 12, 2014, 04:29:39 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 04:58:54 PM »
5 chapters? What's the map where you select the chapter levels?
It is a MAP02, will you put a special lightlab?

June 01, 2014, 11:33:25 PM
Reply #3

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 11:33:25 PM »
Quote from: "PotatoStrike"
5 chapters? What's the map where you select the chapter levels?
It is a MAP02, will you put a special lightlab?
The new hub will be on the end of the list and the first map in the pack, much like BME hub or Chaos Gen hub. Light Labs will be edited to allow access to the new hub map which at this time I'm not going to reveal publicly, though this does mean we will need to add this feature every time a new core expansion comes out, people involved already do know and future members of development will also. Each chapter is planed to hopefully be released no sooner then 1 week after the solo expansion that it will be adding, for grace and respect (as well as work/bug fixes), but with unique content only seen in the whole thing.
Also 4 chapters. DOS > R&F2 > STRAT > WC. DW, Archie, and SAR are going to be mixed in as the unique content.

June 06, 2014, 03:33:30 AM
Reply #4

Offline NES Boy

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 19, 2014, 04:59:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 03:33:30 AM »
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
Also 4 chapters. DOS > R&F2 > STRAT > WC.
I thought DOS is going to be split into two chapters.

Anyway, you forgot to link to Dood's R&F2 topic.

June 06, 2014, 04:20:42 AM
Reply #5

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 04:20:42 AM »
Quote from: "NES Boy"
Also 4 chapters. DOS > R&F2 > STRAT > WC.
I thought DOS is going to be split into two chapters.

Anyway, you forgot to link to Dood's R&F2 topic.
DOS is Chapter 1 and 2, or Chapter 1 part 1 and part 2, still up for debate on it.
I didn't link it because atm it isn't a main focus, we wanna get DOS done before R&F2 gets worked on (and it is out dated), but that isn't stopping people from doing stuff for it if they wish.

I'm also thinking about adding 2 more sub chapters focused around Duel maps, no smaller then Flash and no bigger then Tomahawk. The first would be after DOS while the second after R&F2 as a way to squeeze some more Wily presence cause atm he plays a small role in the DOS part of the story and none in R&F2's.
The chapters would be PB and PF respectively but as of currently it is only concept.

June 26, 2014, 04:53:43 AM
Reply #6

Offline GameAndWatcher

• Standard Member

• Gosh!
  • Date Registered: April 03, 2011, 05:44:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2014, 04:53:43 AM »
Needs some Ruby Spears Megaman related content (perhaps Brain Bot as a skin, or a general Monstropolis stage). Other than that, I support this!

June 26, 2014, 05:57:07 AM
Reply #7

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2014, 05:57:07 AM »
I've thought about it a bit, I'll tack them under optional stuff.

June 28, 2014, 09:57:03 PM
Reply #8

Offline NES Boy

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 19, 2014, 04:59:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 09:57:03 PM »
How about the Centaur Arrow from The Power Fighters?

June 28, 2014, 11:45:03 PM
Reply #9

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 11:45:03 PM »
Quote from: "NES Boy"
How about the Centaur Arrow from The Power Fighters?
Power Fighters and Power Battles are both planned, so I intend to ask about Centaur Arrow as well as have Pharaoh Wave.

January 05, 2015, 03:19:28 AM
Reply #10

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 03:19:28 AM »
PSA since DOS is getting closer to being done.
I personally will be avoiding contacting people to ask directly for help regarding this, I'm looking for people who would be willing to help as they can, even a little bit can make something easier down the line, like the single weapon for a much later expansion I have sitting in my folder. There is a lot that be be done, if your bored, need something to do, or just feel like giving it a try, just contact me regarding this.

With that said, you might be asking, what needs to be done? Well pretty much anything.
Can you sprite? Well there is a list of skins and actors that you might be interested in seeing.
Maps? Well of course, atm DOS has some left to do and there is a lot more to be done.
Weapons? We need em all, minus 1 single weapon, which needs compatibility update..
Scripts? We have bosses that need to be coded, wanna try your hand at it? Cutscenes too.
Textures? Why yes, while DOS and R&F2 both are textured up, we have other expansions that could use some custom jobs.
Artwork too? Of course, hoping to get some openings along the way if you want to tackle the scenes.

Chapter Flow Chart:
DOS > DOS3 > PB > R&F2 > PF > S > WC

January 06, 2015, 05:48:19 PM
Reply #11

Offline NemZ

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 13, 2010, 03:00:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 05:48:19 PM »
Textures? Why yes, while DOS and R&F2 both are textured up, we have other expansions that could use some custom jobs.

It would be cool if people took up that challenge and put my tutorial efforts to work.  I mean I don't mind helping out but it isn't like I want to have a stranglehold on that department.  Hell, I'd welcome other people to take their own stabs at things I've already covered just to see some new approaches.  Who knows what neat ideas I might learn from seeing someone else's style in practice?  :mrgreen:

January 06, 2015, 09:35:58 PM
Reply #12

Offline Badz

• DOS Enthusiest
  • Date Registered: May 30, 2013, 08:30:32 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 09:35:58 PM »
I have some experience in making weapons, so I can help with them... though you might need to tell me exactly what you want them to do.
I could also try helping with some scripting, depending on what exactly that implies.

January 07, 2015, 12:24:58 AM
Reply #13

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 12:24:58 AM »
Quote from: "NemZ"

It would be cool if people took up that challenge and put my tutorial efforts to work.  I mean I don't mind helping out but it isn't like I want to have a stranglehold on that department.  Hell, I'd welcome other people to take their own stabs at things I've already covered just to see some new approaches.  Who knows what neat ideas I might learn from seeing someone else's style in practice?  :mrgreen:
I didn't want to have to ask you either. I mainly looking for people who are willing to help without being asked anyway.

Quote from: "Badz"
I have some experience in making weapons, so I can help with them... though you might need to tell me exactly what you want them to do.
I could also try helping with some scripting, depending on what exactly that implies.
Do you have skype? Will make information sharing much easier, we have ideas for virtually every weapon we will need. Otherwise I'll message you here with the list of what they will do.
As for scripting, bosses need to be scripted, cutscenes added to points in the hub and for those bosses, campaign progression and other campaign related things. I won't ask for the maps to be made for all these, I'm gonna try to handle those myself, most of the planed bosses have fight styles thought up, but are still viable for adjusting for ability to be done.

January 07, 2015, 01:40:12 AM
Reply #14

Offline Badz

• DOS Enthusiest
  • Date Registered: May 30, 2013, 08:30:32 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2015, 01:40:12 AM »
Do you have skype? Will make information sharing much easier, we have ideas for virtually every weapon we will need. Otherwise I'll message you here with the list of what they will do.
I do, actually. I'll PM you with the details.

As for scripting, bosses need to be scripted, cutscenes added to points in the hub and for those bosses, campaign progression and other campaign related things. I won't ask for the maps to be made for all these, I'm gonna try to handle those myself, most of the planed bosses have fight styles thought up, but are still viable for adjusting for ability to be done.
I should be able to make bosses and cutscenes, though I might have trouble handling something really insane if it comes up.