Advanced Search

Author Topic: Rockman 8 FC  (Read 92584 times)

December 05, 2010, 11:16:12 PM
Read 92584 times

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
Rockman 8 FC
« on: December 05, 2010, 11:16:12 PM »
Quote from: "thatguy74"
Version 2.88 is now out! Yay! This one includes an improved form of swordman (yes, you can endless duel him) and now he has the power of Airman in his flame sword (just fight him, you'll see what I mean). I haven't really played much of the update, so I'm not sure if Timeman and Oilman are in yet.
Now about Sword man. He now has the attack which he sucks you in, is a bit slower than previous update, and his rocks which he drops on you split into smaller pieces. His flame sword attack has improved A LOT, but is a bit slower.

You can download it from here:
http://demake.web.fc2.com/

What about it? Well, it is ALMOST done. All that is missing is the ending cutscene. Bosses, stages, everything else is ready.

Features: Both musics for Tengu Man's stage (hold X and press Z, or hold Z and press X, to get the Saturn version music.), all 8 bosses unlocked right from the beginning, the Shop, stages adapted (just so you are not forced to beat the "4 first bosses" to get through the 4 that followed). Well, some weapons suffered some functionality changes, like Flame Sword, which now has only one frame, Thunder Claw seems to have three swing frames. Some stages lost stuff, got shortened, etc. Figure yourself, and enjoy.

Also, try to not follow the typical order. Clown Man is easier than Tenguman now, you just got to figure his pattern.

Why did I post this here? To help fellow players to find it, after I mentioned it in the game.

December 06, 2010, 03:34:57 AM
Reply #1

Offline TrueTenguMan

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 22, 2010, 11:10:20 PM

• View Profile
Re: Rockman 8 FC 2.86b is out!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 03:34:57 AM »
Also, try to not follow the typical order. Clown Man is easier than Tenguman now, you just got to figure his pattern.

Wouldn't matter which one you would fight when playing the original MM 8. Clown Man and Tengu Man both had predictable patterns that could be easily avoided, whether it was Clown Man's Thunder Carnival attack ((Bouncing ball)) or Tengu Man's Kamaitachi.

In honesty Tengu here ((no pun intended...)) can be beaten if you just stay close to him, that way Tornado Hold won't hit.

December 06, 2010, 03:51:39 AM
Reply #2

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 03:51:39 AM »
Quote from: "TrueTenguMan"

Wouldn't matter which one you would fight when playing the original MM 8. Clown Man and Tengu Man both had predictable patterns that could be easily avoided, whether it was Clown Man's Thunder Carnival attack ((Bouncing ball)) or Tengu Man's Kamaitachi.

In honesty Tengu here ((no pun intended...)) can be beaten if you just stay close to him, that way Tornado Hold won't hit.
Gonna tell you: I always go to Tenguman first in the original MM8. Because Clownman swings too fast.

Another thing to note: Kamaitachi doesn't trap you.

December 06, 2010, 08:53:24 AM
Reply #3

Offline copycat

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 14, 2010, 11:56:36 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 08:53:24 AM »
Quote from: "tsukiyomaru0"
Features: ...all 8 bosses unlocked right from the beginning... stages adapted (just so you are not forced to beat the "4 first bosses" to get through the 4 that followed).
I tried to do a different order, but the game is making me suffer for it.  I'm currently attempting Search Man's stage, but while I have the Flame Sword, I do not have Thunder Claw.  Disappearing block puzzles have been added to the stage, seemingly to keep Thunder Claw from being a requirement, but the final one has not been implemented in a way to make it passable.

Here's a screenshot I took and then added squares for missing blocks.
(click to show/hide)
I can't explain the exact order which they appear in, but if you encounter it yourself, you'll see that the only way to use the block puzzle would be to slide from above the gate (which must be shot to be opened) and fall down to it.  However, it doesn't seem possible to hop or slide onto the blocks where you must slide; they are effectively inaccessible.  There isn't enough time to jump up to them from the bottom block using the Mega Ball, either.

If you want to try it for yourself, here's my latest password.
A5,B1,B2,B5,C1,C4,C6,D4,D5,E3,E4,F1,F2
A2,A4,B4,C2,C3,D1,D2,D3,E5,F3,F4,F6
That will give you Flame Sword, Water Balloon, the three permanent items from the shop and some amount of bolts which I currently don't remember.

December 06, 2010, 04:18:01 PM
Reply #4

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 04:18:01 PM »
Well, cheated my way to the end (I'll put the cheat table later) and found something interesting: It DOES have the ending coded too!

December 06, 2010, 04:21:19 PM
Reply #5

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 04:21:19 PM »
Not playing this until I play MM8 for real..... One day.

December 06, 2010, 04:42:07 PM
Reply #6

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
I did, my friend... And I could only get past the Wily stages in the PS2 with an iPhone with the walkthrough openned in it.

And you better play this before MM8, because this one is helluva HARD.

Cheeeeeeeeat table for Cheat Engine!
http://www.mediafire.com/?eweapauqcfayoq8

Any address with the value 280 is either a life energy or a weapon energy. Just freeze them and you are good to go.

Any address going from 0 to 999 is the bolts. Put 999 and freeze it for maximum bolts FOREVER!

December 06, 2010, 08:07:49 PM
Reply #7

Offline copycat

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 08:07:49 PM »
Quote from: "CutmanMike"
Sega Saturn version, or PlayStation/Anniversary Collection?

I have played MM8 and when this 8-bit version is finished, I think I will prefer it over the original.  For one thing, the number of bolts in the game is not finite (there are only 40 bolts in MM8).  There are other changes to the shop due to this, some items seem to have been removed, others changed to one-time-use, but you can now buy 1-ups and E-tanks as you can in MM7, MM9 and MM10.  This version also doesn't have the intro stage, doesn't seem to have the mid-stage and there's no voice acting, poorly done in English or otherwise.  I like how they recreated the cutscenes in the opening.  Though I can't understand the text, I know I'm not really missing much.  For the water areas, the swimming mechanic is gone and I found Aqua Man's stage to be redesigned well to account for that.  Perhaps a little too lenient in parts where you can ignore the enemies.  That one block puzzle in Search Man's stage is my only complaint so far, beyond something else which may be my controller or JoyToKey's fault; I'm sometimes switching weapons when I don't mean to.

If I can finally progress beyond the auto-scrolling "snow boarding" in Wily stage 1 to see the rest of the fortress, I will probably be much happier with the 8-bit version than I ever was with the original.  For now, I still have another 3 Robot Master stages.

Edited: Done with Astro Man's stage, but it isn't entirely done.  They seem to have the "pit" part down, but not the "bottomless" part, in some cases.
(click to show/hide)

December 11, 2010, 09:58:36 PM
Reply #8

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 09:58:36 PM »
Quote from: "copycat"
Done with Astro Man's stage, but it isn't entirely done.  They seem to have the "pit" part down, but not the "bottomless" part, in some cases.
(click to show/hide)
Wait, what in the hell?!

December 11, 2010, 11:29:19 PM
Reply #9

Offline Phoba555

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 12, 2010, 11:44:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 11:29:19 PM »
Don't worry, CopyCat.
They're just excerising the concept of SwordMan.
No, but really, strange. A glitch, I'd say?
Though, those guys are awesome for demaking both of Megaman7 and now Megaman8.

December 11, 2010, 11:57:33 PM
Reply #10

Offline copycat

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 11:57:33 PM »
Quote from: "Phoba555"
No, but really, strange. A glitch, I'd say?
I don't remember if it was one of the two pits I put in the screenshots, but there was one where it seemed to be a single block of "ground" which I happened to land on.  I stepped off of it and properly fell further and died.  The pit in the last two screenshots, though, I could run along the bottom to the other end, place a Mega Ball and jump on it to get out of there.  I haven't had a chance to test that further, but even if I did, I can't really tell the creator(s).  But, now others know about it and can test the game/amuse themselves.

December 12, 2010, 12:47:29 AM
Reply #11

Offline NitroBro

• MM8BDM MM7 Contributor
  • Date Registered: October 15, 2010, 01:18:16 AM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sH53vXP2A
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 12:47:29 AM »
god i love mm8, this should deffinitely be the next expansion

December 12, 2010, 01:18:27 AM
Reply #12

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2010, 01:18:27 AM »
Quote from: "BradeDude"
god i love mm8, this should deffinitely be the next expansion
IMO, MM8 had the best weapons.
Tornado Hold = multi hit + "levitates" player.
Flash Bomb = multi hit + flashy!
Ice Wave = Not THAT usefull, but followed Search Snake's logic to an extent.
Thunder Claw = medium reach and truckload of damage
Mega Ball = Replacement for Rush Coil and much more usefull
Flame Sword = Multi hit + Melee + strong
Astro Crush = Just your good and "old" screen cleaner
Search Sniper = Dive Missile pimped up
Water Ballon = Only true trash of the game.
Rush items = Rush isn't much usefull here. Rush Bike, however, makes up for most things.
Arrow Buster = THIS is an upgrade you MUST buy. Too bad they forgot it in Rockman 8 FC. With this, your charged shot can destroy almost anything. You can Buster-Only bosses with this!
Laser Buster = Not much usefull for me, just flashy.
Buster Upgrade (5x buster) = Another one I rarely use. But isn't a bad one, actually.

December 12, 2010, 08:25:12 AM
Reply #13

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2010, 08:25:12 AM »
Arrowbuster, the most epic upgrade megaman can get, loved shooting joes and those flying, demon-faced, sheild dealies

as for the FC all I can say it this, WHY DID YOU MAKE THE TRAINS INSTANT DEATH OBJECTS! died alot cause of my habit of jumping on incoming ones, also swordman's stage, I keep dieing at the rising/falling spike rooms (still never made it past there)

all in all it's still pretty good

December 12, 2010, 09:13:56 AM
Reply #14

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2010, 09:13:56 AM »
Ahh MM8...i like how this project's coming along...though i have my gripes about it