Advanced Search

Author Topic: [GAME MODE] SCORCHED EARTH v1.2 - T/DM WITH LIVES  (Read 4107 times)

February 17, 2017, 11:32:14 PM
Read 4107 times

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
[GAME MODE] SCORCHED EARTH v1.2 - T/DM WITH LIVES
« on: February 17, 2017, 11:32:14 PM »
ALRIGHT MEN! YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE.
IT'S JUST YOU, YOUR RESOURCES, AND THE WORLD'S OUT TO KILL YE.
GET OUT THERE, PROTECT THOSE IMPORTANT SPOTS, AND DON'T DIE.
IT'S THAT SIMPLE PEOPLE.

SCORCHED EARTH is a modification that puts you at the mercy of the map's weapon layout.
In LAST MAN STANDING and TEAM LAST MAN STANDING, weapons, and weapon energy spawn in the map.
Small health does not spawn, placing additional pressure on zones where your team can heal.
The world around you determines more than simply how you move, but how you strategize and prioritize areas on which you want to protect.

SCORCHED EARTH MAKES THE FOLLOWING CHANGES:
    - YA'LL FOLKS THOUGHT YOU'D BE PROVIDED WEAPONS? NAH. GET YER OWN SET O' WEAPONS. - Self explanatory. Ya gotta pick up your weapons.
    - MAN UP AND USE YER SUPPLIES WHERE YA GET 'EM. - E-Tanks and M-Tanks are now replaced with Large health and Mega Health respectively.
    - PANSY-ASS PLANT BARRIER TAKES MORE TO HEAL YA - Plant Barrier's health to cost ratio is reduced from 4:1 -> 4:4.
    - YOU FOLKS GOTTA SHOW SOME SPIRIT - Mega Buster's HUD is now team colored.
    - YA'LL BEEN THROUGH TRAINING. YOU KNOW HOW TO GET OUTTA AN EARLY FIGHT. - This mod uses its own spawn invulnerability. Upon spawning, you are invulnerable for three [3] seconds. This is terminated early by attacking after the first half second. Spawning also blasts away projectiles. [Can be changed using SE_InvulnTime and SE_InvulnBlast]
    - YA SHOULD KNOW WHEN SUPPLY DROP BE COMIN' IN. - All significant pickups now have visible respawn timers.
    - ONCE YER OUT THERE, SPLIT UP. - Initial spawns use team spawns where available. All spawns after that use typical deathmatch spawns. [This can be disabled by toggling SE_OverrideTeamStarts to false]
    - YOU MIGHT SEE SOME NEWFANGLED TECH. DON'T LET THAT CONFUSE YA. - This mod should be compatible with most large scale gameplay mods similar to Rock Force or maybe even Classes. Note that compatible means "it'll run" in this instance. Not sure why you'd run it with Classes since health won't scale the same but hey, you do you. It works with Rock Force's full mod, but all orange team actors are red. Similarly, all custom pickups will not have respawn timers. This includes new replacements for health and assists.

That's it!
SCORCHED EARTH is a mod about picking up weapons and not dying.
In general, it can be summed up as "DM with lives" or "LMS with weapons"

It's a pretty simple mod, honestly.

[Current version: 1.2]
DOWNLOAD FROM TSPG|Dropbox

Changelog:
(click to show/hide)

March 17, 2018, 03:24:03 PM
Reply #1

Offline Russel

• MM8BDM Extender

• Doc Croc
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2010, 11:11:25 PM

• View Profile
Re: [GAME MODE] SCORCHED EARTH v1.2 - T/DM WITH LIVES
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 03:24:03 PM »
Version 1.2 released.
Prolly shoulda just called it 1.1.1 because 1.2 was actually a near-instant hotfix for 1.1 because when I removed the team colors I accidentally removed my plant barrier nerfs.

Oh well.
I didn't post this publicly, but I'll be trying to keep a server running on different map packs with different rotations for a while.
General premise is fewer maps in general so all the maps played can get a better light shone on them.
Servers running things like IX Pack were usually on baseline LMS and thus didn't really have weapon or item spawns. I'm curious on how these maps will play in this mode.

Have fun, folks!