Advanced Search

Author Topic: TMK4's Workshop (News regarding grad life and, oh, Saxton Hale too)  (Read 159296 times)

May 24, 2013, 03:24:59 AM
Reply #15

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Balrog Saxton Hale RNC V1B Fix Released
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 03:24:59 AM »
Quote from: "Gizmo The Cat"
Hey Tails, about that fix you just released. Whenever I tried joining your server, my sound went out. I could hear my music, but no other sound played. And no, it's not my settings, because whenever I joined any other server/started the game normally, it would be normal. This glitch used to happen to me all the time whenever I attempted to join a Saxton hale + classes server.

Also, whenever I closed the game, it crashed. That never happened before.
My guess: bad Advanced Sound settings?

May 26, 2013, 06:16:21 AM
Reply #16

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (Nothing at the moment)
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 06:16:21 AM »
Due to crashing issues, and not knowing why they are happening, I have removed the SH fixes. Sorry about that guys, hope you guys enjoyed the combination of SH and RNC.

May 26, 2013, 08:24:36 PM
Reply #17

Knux

Re: TMK4's Workshop (Nothing at the moment)
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 08:24:36 PM »
What crashing issues? In all the time I was at your server yesterday, which was like three hours, I never experienced a single crash with those wads.

May 29, 2013, 11:51:42 PM
Reply #18

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
Re: TMK4's Workshop (HideandSeek-v1a.pk3 released!)
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2013, 11:51:42 PM »
Hello everyone, this time I have something more original for you guys. Hide and Seek! Check out the first post for more details. This took me a while to figure out, so hope you guys enjoy it!

May 30, 2013, 01:09:26 AM
Reply #19

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2013, 01:09:26 AM »
Okay, I understand that you said there's not alot of good hide and seek maps, but holy hannah, there are deathmatch stages. They're made to NOT be hide and seek maps. I suggest that maps be made for specifically for this mod.

May 30, 2013, 01:17:38 AM
Reply #20

Offline Epsilontheyoshi

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 29, 2013, 08:54:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2013, 01:17:38 AM »
Actually have an account now, but besides that...
I have a couple suggestions for Hide and Seek mode. (Some of which, I'm sure is acknowledged)
1. Reduce the timer on both hiding time and seeking time. (1-2 minutes should be enough for hiding, 2-3 1/2 minutes should be enough for seeking.)
2. *Suggested by 75Chris5* Make the buster a 2-hit kill, but after first hit, you are lodged free from hiding spot and can run about.
3. Add one or two w-tanks since Scorch Wheel only has 4 uses. (Although it could be used with the other weapons, they don't help a whole lot.)
4. If you don't go with the 2-hit buster, I think it would be interesting if the last couple (like 3 or 5) people who haven't been found yet are lodged free and can roam.
*EDIT* I found out what causes hiders to be able to move after seeker can. If you sustain yourself in the air during the last couple seconds, the game will stop you like normal, but if you're falling at all after the time the game stops you, you can move around. I tested with ladders and it doesn't work, so I think Tornado Hold is the only weapon that might have to be removed to fix this. (I'm not sure about bubbles like in Burstman or fan transporters like in Gyro though, so you might want to look into this)

May 30, 2013, 01:48:33 AM
Reply #21

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2013, 01:48:33 AM »
Quote from: "Epsilontheyoshi"
Actually have an account now, but besides that...
I have a couple suggestions for Hide and Seek mode. (Some of which, I'm sure is acknowledged)
1. Reduce the timer on both hiding time and seeking time. (1-2 minutes should be enough for hiding, 2-3 1/2 minutes should be enough for seeking.)
Yes. Please.
2. *Suggested by 75Chris5* Make the buster a 2-hit kill, but after first hit, you are lodged free from hiding spot and can run about.
...Doesn't that defeat the purpose of Hide and Seek?
3. Add one or two w-tanks since Scorch Wheel only has 4 uses. (Although it could be used with the other weapons, they don't help a whole lot.)
Kind of pointless if it's just for one weapon, don't you think?
4. If you don't go with the 2-hit buster, I think it would be interesting if the last couple (like 3 or 5) people who haven't been found yet are lodged free and can roam.
idk, could be interesting, but similar response to #2

May 30, 2013, 02:02:25 AM
Reply #22

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2013, 02:02:25 AM »
People being lodged in place? For me, it always let you roam as a hider.

May 30, 2013, 02:33:47 AM
Reply #23

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2013, 02:33:47 AM »
OK, I'm disappointed at the color selection, timer and dem crashes (yes, it's above Saxton in crash ratio), so, here I go with my idea of how a Hide and Seek mod should be:

1. Compatible not only with LMS, but also with LMS, DM and TDM. (The orignal Hide and Seek mod for skulltag was TLMS)
2. Always be allowed to move, but have seekers stuck in place and with their screen darkned by using means similar to Flash Stopper for 60 seconds
3. Add "classes" for the hiders and seekers. No Hider class should be able to directly harm a seeker (though they can TRY telefragging)
3-1. Classes for Hiders: Stealth (Partially invisible while moving, gradually gains invisibility from not moving at all, moderate speed), Ninja (Has many weapons, each with a different color combination, high speed and jump), Bird (Can fly for a limited time before being forced to rest for a short time, smallest collision box, but takes most damage)
3-2. Classes for Seekers: Sniper (Fires a fast projectile, long interval between shots, high jump and attack power, slow), Chop-chop (Melee-oriented class, using a narrower and shorter version of Flame Sword attack, high speed and jump), Disruptor (Causes small, almost 0, AOE damage, that takes 10 seconds to recharge and disables camouflage, invisibility and flight for five seconds, also has the ability to use a weak buster that can only shot once per second, low speed, supposed to be a supporting class for seekers)
4. Hiders should take more than one hit to kill (2 shots at most from Sniper, 1 very close attack from Melee, five to ten shots from Disruptor). Seekers cannot be hurt by players, but can be hurt by enviroment and telefrags.
5. Keep small maps out of the rotation, or put some warning for it.
6. Merge scripts that have the same type (like OPEN scripts). Overall, scripting is something that needs to be looked into for long.

So, yeah... It needs to become something less "based on Roboenza" to "based on Hide and Seek for Skulltag"

May 30, 2013, 03:02:34 AM
Reply #24

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2013, 03:02:34 AM »
Quote from: "xColdxFusionx"
...Doesn't that defeat the purpose of Hide and Seek?

It is nigh IMPOSSIBLE to win as a hider without roaming in these maps.

June 03, 2013, 02:39:04 AM
Reply #25

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2013, 02:39:04 AM »
I know I just double posted, but I felt it appropriate because it has to do with the megaman race thing, not hide and seek.

Anyways, I really like this idea because it's like B&C except it incorporates MM8BDM (everyone has the same abilities and you copy weapons). Idk, it just feels right. That being said, I have some things to say.

1.) Eddie shouldn't be completely out of the way to get. In other words, you shouldn't have to sacrifice distance to get him. It's not ALWAYS that way. For example, the first eddie in the cutman stage requires 2 well-timed jumps, but you don't sacrifice time getting it. However, eddies like THIS
(click to show/hide)
are just complete wastes of time. You might as well stop in your tracks and give up your lead on the person behind you. There are some Eddies that take up a BIT of time, but those are fine because sometimes you have half a second or so to spare and can pick up that eddie. I think most of the eddies in cutman's stage are fair enough. tl;dr Don't make me bust my butt for one eddie.

2.) Some of the weapons aren't really race quality. Therefore, I suggest race variants of the MM8BDM weapons in place of the originals. I could probably come up with something for some of the weapons; it shouldn't be terribly hard.

I know I'm probably the only person who CARES for this mod at this point, but it just rubs me the right way. Simple, yet fun. If you need help with some maps (I'll see what I can do :? ), I'd could give it a go.

June 04, 2013, 01:17:18 AM
Reply #26

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 01:17:18 AM »
I may pick up my racing mod again at some point, but I feel I will try again later after I get more experience at scripting.

Anyway, v1b of my Hide and Seek wad has been released. Hopefully some of the things that bugged people in v1a have been fixed. Seeker is now a Sniper Joe, btw. Hope you guys enjoy, and I will put up my server with map packs as requested soon. Just give me some time to select some maps suitable for Hide and Seek among the map packs I will be hosting.

June 04, 2013, 03:50:00 AM
Reply #27

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 03:50:00 AM »
sorry ,but it is more broken now than then: the seeker timer can skip 0 and go on and on and on... I still crashed in the first round I was able to join and the seeker is over-advantaged.

June 04, 2013, 08:39:44 PM
Reply #28

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 08:39:44 PM »
I uploaded a hotfix to resolve that timer, but if the timer really is the reason for the crashing, I think v1c (which I will develop next week), should hopefully finish it for good.

June 04, 2013, 08:52:50 PM
Reply #29

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »
Quote from: "TailsMK4"
I uploaded a hotfix to resolve that timer, but if the timer really is the reason for the crashing, I think v1c (which I will develop next week), should hopefully finish it for good.
On other news, care to test this?
http://www.mediafire.com/?jc3xbkx1b1nxtww
I did the clientside thing for the time and health counter.