Advanced Search

Author Topic: [Classes]Mega Man Unlimited Classes v1a  (Read 36839 times)

August 09, 2013, 03:38:00 PM
Reply #15

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
Re: [Classes]Mega Man Unlimited Classes v1a
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 03:38:00 PM »
Well my complaints have pretty much all been made. One last one from me. Make Yo-yo's main fire roll when hitting ceilings and walls, it actually rolled on them in game too.
As a suggestion for a better alt, the head yo-yo (I know I made this one in chat), simply make it compatible with Thunder Claw pegs and you are good to go.

Oh and Jet does seem to still have the infinite flight problem if you simply don't attack after activating.

August 09, 2013, 04:08:46 PM
Reply #16

Offline Linnie

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: June 05, 2013, 05:19:32 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 04:08:46 PM »
I really only have three problems with the mod:

1. Hammerman is too slow. I tried running away during a match and every time I did I got rammed to death by Tankman. His speed is crippling to the point of making him unuseable.

2. As said, Glue Man can't really do anything, and it would probably be good to give him a ram as an alt.

3. Rainbow Man, how do? I can't get figure out how to work with either of his attacks; when I hit an enemy with his main, I can't attack, and when I use his prism, I can't attack.

Other than those three, I really like this mod. MC is rather ineffective, but I don't think that should be changed because it fits perfectly with his in-game character.

August 09, 2013, 04:15:03 PM
Reply #17

Offline Badz

• DOS Enthusiest
  • Date Registered: May 30, 2013, 08:30:32 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 04:15:03 PM »
I think that it'd be nice if Rainbow Man worked more like the original: shooting a beam into the ground would cause it to turn into a prism (and maybe send those sparks around it) and shooting the prism would activate it.

August 09, 2013, 06:12:30 PM
Reply #18

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 06:12:30 PM »
Sorry for the roughness of this. I didn't really get much feedback until the last beta and even then that was only for half the classes or so.

Long list of changes:
Jet - You cannot fly forever anymore. Reduce the speed of flight? Make jet missile always homing in exchange for an increased charge time.
Glue - Erm...I really don't know what to do with this. Everyone is saying ram or dash, but just copying Tank Man / MysteriousCharacter seems like a bad idea. Maybe make it a long distance one that does no damage?
Tank - Proper skin.
Yo-Yo - There is no proper way for projectiles to go up walls. I can try something, but no guarantees. I also feel that going up ceilings / floors would be pretty useless since it's going to be pretty rare for someone to be in those areas unless the map is constructed weirdly.
Rainbow - Add rotations. Try to readd the ability to activate traps with the Rainbow Beam itself.
Comet - Add proper vertical height locking to both Comet Dashes. Change the damage method of both Comet Dashes to user caused explosions (no idea why I didn't think of this at the time). Make Comet Orbiter reflect projectiles, and split off after a bit.
TriNitro - Nerf jump height and add a double jump. Add self-destruct counter.
Nail - Add the ability to fire the shield to both class and copy weapons. Make the Nail Head always return after a while.
Hammer - What hit box are you guys talking about here? Make the shockwave a proper floorhugger at the cost of some speed. Buff Hammer Man's speed.
Shampoo - Nerf the bombs by a little somehow, maybe ammo usage? I feel she could use a speed nerf as well.

Re: Class Removal - I want to hold off on this until v1b is released. Seems like a pretty drastic measure to take when this is version 1 of the public release, especially when the next release (should) have complete rehauls for some classes.

August 09, 2013, 06:15:39 PM
Reply #19

Offline ZeStopper

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 04:06:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 06:15:39 PM »
I was thinking that Jet should have a weak homing as one weapon and a grenade-rocket as another.

August 09, 2013, 08:46:03 PM
Reply #20

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 08:46:03 PM »
Quote from: "Gummywormz"
Shampoo - Nerf the bombs by a little somehow, maybe ammo usage? I feel she could use a speed nerf as well.

Just remove her and Mysterious Robot.

For the sake of all of our faces.

August 09, 2013, 09:03:22 PM
Reply #21

Offline FTX6004

• MM8BDM Extender

• aaaaaaB
  • Date Registered: August 07, 2012, 05:12:49 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 09:03:22 PM »
Quote from: "Zerokk"

Just remove her and Mysterious Robot.

For the sake of all of our faces.

Yeah i don't like her too and Mysterious Robot cannot die.

August 10, 2013, 12:38:18 AM
Reply #22

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2013, 12:38:18 AM »
And why should those characters be removed? There has been no reasonable argument for the removal of either. The reason they are in here in the first place is to expand the roster so this wouldn't get really boring really quickly.

August 10, 2013, 12:47:25 AM
Reply #23

Offline ZeStopper

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 04:06:13 AM

• View Profile
    • http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 12:47:25 AM »
I pretty meh about those guys, but after playing it today, I have to say that all of them don't need to run off a slowly recharging energy bar.

August 10, 2013, 01:35:46 AM
Reply #24

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 01:35:46 AM »
And why should those characters be removed? There has been no reasonable argument for the removal of either. The reason they are in here in the first place is to expand the roster so this wouldn't get really boring really quickly.

Hammer Man should just be removed until he's actually fully complete, at least. Full rotations on his projectile, maybe his skin. He's a miniboss, so he's really the easiest one to make an argument for axe-ing.

Shampoo was literally a side character who showed up as a one in a thousand chance in the shop. She doesn't actually belong in the game.

Mysterious Character should be reserved for the boss of the MMU campaign, whenever that comes out. He has no business being a class. Also, trying to dodge the spoiler bullet with a class that is literally a walking spoiler is in and of itself a terrible idea.

To make matters worse, all of these classes are incredibly uninspired. "To expand the roster" isn't a good excuse for bland classes. If you get bored by 9 unique classes, then obviously some more work should be put into those 9 classes.

August 10, 2013, 01:58:04 AM
Reply #25

Offline TheDoc

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 31, 2011, 10:37:33 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2013, 01:58:04 AM »
Quote from: "xColdxFusionx"
trying to dodge the spoiler bullet with a class that is literally a walking spoiler is in and of itself a terrible idea.

This would make sense if the MMU intro in and of itself didn't spoil it already. Everyone who's played MMU knows who this is I'm fairly certain....

I kinda liked the idea of myst. robot being a class. Besides, in the core classes, the Megaman Killers (who btw are minibosses in the campaign) are also classes. I don't think he should have to remove something from his mod for the sake of another (well, expansion, but meh details)

As for the classes overall, I'm pretty sure it's agreed that they need work, but it seemed to me that this was a beta. I mean the speed that this got released alone showed that they're probably not top-notch classes; he hasn't had alot of time (plus the other things Gummy works on). Imo this could be in the W.I.P forum because it seems like a proof-of-concept release; he's just laying the foundation.

August 10, 2013, 02:05:17 AM
Reply #26

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2013, 02:05:17 AM »
Quote from: "TheDoc"
I kinda liked the idea of myst. robot being a class. Besides, in the core classes, the Megaman Killers (who btw are minibosses in the campaign) are also classes.
In the Campaign, but in their original games they were all major bosses, with weapons to give. Hence why they are classes.
From what I heard Hammer Man is in fact a robot master, that can support him being in.

August 10, 2013, 02:12:50 AM
Reply #27

Offline JaxOf7

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: March 23, 2011, 03:56:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2013, 02:12:50 AM »
Quote from: "xColdxFusionx"

Hammer Man should just be removed until he's actually fully complete, at least. Full rotations on his projectile, maybe his skin. He's a miniboss, so he's really the easiest one to make an argument for axe-ing.

Shampoo was literally a side character who showed up as a one in a thousand chance in the shop. She doesn't actually belong in the game.

Mysterious Character should be reserved for the boss of the MMU campaign, whenever that comes out. He has no business being a class. Also, trying to dodge the spoiler bullet with a class that is literally a walking spoiler is in and of itself a terrible idea.

To make matters worse, all of these classes are incredibly uninspired. "To expand the roster" isn't a good excuse for bland classes. If you get bored by 9 unique classes, then obviously some more work should be put into those 9 classes.

(click to show/hide)

"Uninspired" is an uninspired criticism, stop using it.

August 10, 2013, 02:31:34 AM
Reply #28

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2013, 02:31:34 AM »
All of these classes are complete and this is not a beta. If I wanted to rush this out it would have been released 2 weeks ago. I am not a spriter so that's why some of these classes have no rotations on projectiles, but I suspose I can try to make some of the easier ones.

Hammer Man was susposed to be a robot master, but got changed later. Sniper Joe isn't even a midboss and no one's saying "Remove Him!!1!" in regular classes.

Shampoo, ok, she isn't really important to MMU but I thought there would be no harm in adding her. She may be uninspired when you look at every class ever, but in here she's the only character to have a straight up melee attack that doesn't have an effect on movement, and the only class that has a semi-ranged stun.

August 10, 2013, 02:34:26 AM
Reply #29

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2013, 02:34:26 AM »
What do you mean Shampoo has a melee attack?

Also, Mystery Robot is not just dodging a spoiler bullet, but he's hardly usable. What is he even doing, anyway?!

Also also, Gummy made 666 posts. Not some kind of fancy postcount celebration, but I wanted to say.