Advanced Search

Author Topic: TheMod Public Beta  (Read 7361 times)

August 31, 2015, 03:43:11 AM
Read 7361 times

Offline Zomo.exe

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: June 02, 2013, 09:57:52 PM

• View Profile
TheMod Public Beta
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:43:11 AM »
So uhh yeah... just another one of those guys doing Yet Another Classes Mod™ type of things, but didn't we all start somewhere like this? Whatever I'll get straight to an introduction on the classes and features being presented:

<FEATURES>

-An option to play with Smash Balls: Most stages have a Yashichi, so why not use that to provide the chance to spawn these lovely little things? Each class has a generally powerful attack suited to how they play to earn you some frags. Don't worry, unlike Smash it will not favor people doing horribly, as that could easily upset a bunch of people. This option can be turned off with the cvar "TM_NoFinalSmashes 0." Setting this cvar to 1 will turn them on, and that is the default option.

-Custom Maps: Built for this mod's play and planned for a future release. Future plans include the chance to insert custom items, but as of now they are acceptable for Vanilla. This does not mean they are top-quality, so please talk to the map makers and help them out.

-Assists: The Power Stand is an item based off of Smash's own assist item. As of now, 3 summons are ready to go, but you'll have to use it for yourself! Might want to try looking in Party Balls, they seem to come up from there...

-Eddie Changes: Not only does he give out weapon givers (more on that later), but may also be... something else. You'll see a green head replacing Eddie in stages he can be gotten from, and it also appears in Party Balls.

-Item Replacements: Some classes can get different items that are more personalized to themselves. I'll leave this in the dark to be figured out for yourselves but I'll give one free hint: Proto has slightly different item effects if you walk over Vanilla items...

-TheMod Copyweps: This mod comes with its own set of copyweps, generally based on other Megaman hacks or other games.
One example is the Blue Shell, a 1-use attack that comes with a heavy bit of homing and pain behind it. You only get one chance and it takes a good bit of effort to refill it, so make it count!

-Domination music: Getting in enough of a lead to bring the game down to 5 frags to go will trigger a music change to give an idea of who's winning. Just one of those little detail things that can motivate people to get into a fight or motivate others to step up their game. Should also work with few problems during LMS/TLMS/CTF, although this mod isn't heavily designed for that type of play... yet. Keep in mind that as of now things may be unbalanced for such gameplay, and should NOT be played with CTF. It may crash; you have been warned.

<CLASSES>

Yes, there are some shameful things done such as userclass inserts, but I'll at least be nice enough to explain any important details.
For obvious reasons I will keep the Final Smash details secret

-Mega: Most mods gotta have him for stability reasons (although you could forgo him, but you might be met with torches and pitchforks from the older players). Can slide with all his weapons and also use his Final Smash on all of them too.

-Bass: Same as Mega, except has a slightly weaker power scale-up and a bit faster/easier to kill armor-wise. Has a double jump, a slide/final smash on all weps, and bass-specific HUDs/projectile colors on some weapons.

-Duo: Has a different playstyle than one might except. Borrows moves from some of his canon appearances and comes in with the power of a true tank! Watch out for his powerful fists...

-Zomo.EXE: Who the hell is this guy? His playstlye revolves around the world of Battle Network. Serious talk though, even though OCBMR had Auron out first, this class was in design way before that one was. Regardless, this class has chips doing most of the damage, although the elemental busters can be used as a way to do some lower but more basic damage. A small selection of chips were put in to demonstrate some concepts, and if one wanted, you could make a keybind to allow the use of program advances (go to the bottom of the controls menu). Fusions of 3-4 chips will create a powerful combo, generally outdamaging the total potential of the 3 used to create it. Figure out what chips do what and use combo'd attacks to win. Think of this class like Megaman but more RNG-dependent.

-Sal: Totally not an Espeon on two legs. Has two weps that use psychic and dark-based attacks respectively. Most are based on existing Pokemon attacks, although 1 or 2 may have been adjusted to fit a 3D environment. A bit of a lightweight class, just try to stay away from fighting and you'll do fine.

-Rin: Based on a female fighting character Mii made in Sm4sh, Rin is a true meleer at heart. Her moves mostly involve having to get up close to punish your victims, but you will get what you pay for. Something that holds back meleers a lot is the fact that they tend to be all melee and nothing else. Well, Rin does have something fairly rare: a ranged option and a great Final Smash to Boot. She also has a button bind that works right off of the same button you may have bound for Zomo's Program Advance mechanic (it turns off aerials if you wish to stick to the ground, although I don't see why you would when Freezia Kick + anything makes easier kills).

-Darkile: A denizen of the darkness. With a dual dark whip and a good command over the power of shadows, this woman (surprise, surprise) will not put up with opposition. However, being of the darkness it can do weird things... such as make you more powerful the closer you are to death (don't bother trying to force low HP, you'll only be getting as far as 800).

-Red Mage: A jack of all trades girl and user of many types of magic, the Red Mage can be equipped to deal damage in many interesting ways. White magic can buff your magic/sword attacks or help you escape tight spots, while Black magic is what will allow you to deal your damage. Each spawn you start with 1 tome from each magic type.

-Dimpsy: A weird person equipped with an even weirder set of tools and arsenal. His love for Sega shows very much, as well as Dragonball Z. Also comes with very sharp drills.

-BoostTrain: A train on steroids. Has been known to scoot very quickly at the speed of stupid, and blasts his enemies with coal or heavy smoke. A deceptively lightweight class for obvious reasons, you cannot go wrong with using the boost to get through.

-Captain Falcon: Not at all like the recent Hale boss designs. If you ever wanted to spam Falcon Punch legitly or a bunch of Falcon Kicks, now is your chance. Built like Rin, he also has a fallback ranged option in the form of a ray gun so you're not completely helpless vs stalling targets. Now go, and show them your moves!

-Sergeant John: Does not take Johns or excuses for an answer. He brings some good artillery and high-tech gadgets into the fray to bring defeat to his enemies. The mechanic behind this guy is that a bar charges as you fire your primary, and when it is full you can either use the alt to fire an EMP shocker or fire again to get rapid-fire missiles. Or, you know, you could wait for people and surprise nuke them with a Napalm Shower.

-Blews: Kind of like Sergeant John, except more insistent. Disintegration Beams and Delta Bombs are the name of the game; lay the bombs and use your item to detonate them. Should you run out of beam ammo, at least you have a short range beam to fire in a pinch...

That being said, this is a WIP and any feedback will gladly be appreciated. And yes, X is bad because it's bad will be insta-ignored without a second thought. Also the beta is to help catch persisting bugs because I am stuck with the kind of team that isn't the best at catching them, so more people will definitely help catch them... and if it really concerns you, my own class was balanced in the best ways I could think of, but it's likely far from perfect and could give illusions of being imbalanced even though it might be after all, so once again I appreciate any useful feedback. Oh, and have fun with some of the easter eggs left all around this mod...

<LINKS TO FILES>

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfyekm3vgfmvp ... a.pk3?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k2ejg41b63zsx ... 1.wad?dl=0

HAPPY NOT-SMASHING.

September 02, 2015, 05:31:26 AM
Reply #1

Offline mahmoudehab1000

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: August 29, 2015, 12:37:44 PM

• View Profile
Re: TheMod Public Beta
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 05:31:26 AM »
Is it something like smash bros or something? Cause i am not comfortable to this it might not work with my version like everymod or something

February 29, 2016, 01:34:34 AM
Reply #2

Offline Jakeinator

• Justice League Member

• Me draw ooga booga
  • Date Registered: September 13, 2011, 06:26:12 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 01:34:34 AM »
Heeeeeey, posting here because Zomo isn't available right now but we got a new version!

Main file here! (hotfixed)  https://www.dropbox.com/s/dmv2r0lkmhxwfna/TheMod-V2b.pk3?dl=0
Music file here! https://www.dropbox.com/s/ifzzunnagzh8688/TMMusic-V2.wad?dl=0

CHANGELOG
(click to show/hide)

February 29, 2016, 01:48:53 AM
Reply #3

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 01:48:53 AM »
oh yea and here's a zomo guide by zomo for people who wanna play zomo that want to know how to play zomo
http://pastebin.com/8BKYjRKw

April 19, 2016, 02:13:34 AM
Reply #4

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 02:13:34 AM »
Finally we are back with a patch for Version 2 due to some bugs found prior so here's to V2C! However we had to remove Zomo.EXE due to some issues with Battlechips not exactly working, but we will promise to bring him back for Version 3.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1gf1x7kkx30j ... c.pk3?dl=0
Server will be up momentarily...

April 19, 2016, 11:45:41 PM
Reply #5

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 11:45:41 PM »
Due to a random turn of events, a hotfix was made to reinclude Zomo.EXE!

EDIT: Hold on, we found an issue when this hotfix and I'll reupload the file shortly.

EDIT 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fenqzuxwl4n79 ... h.pk3?dl=0

April 23, 2016, 12:46:20 PM
Reply #6

Offline RifleGod

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 30, 2015, 04:47:38 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »
How do you activate the crates?

April 23, 2016, 02:54:46 PM
Reply #7

Offline RifleGod

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 30, 2015, 04:47:38 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 02:54:46 PM »
Also, Omega Zero can't pick up items (like the power stand, for exemple).

(click to show/hide)

May 08, 2016, 09:27:28 PM
Reply #8

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2016, 09:27:28 PM »
Quote from: "RifleGod"
Also, Omega Zero can't pick up items (like the power stand, for exemple).

(click to show/hide)
this is intentional as the class is seen as pretty powerful, and pretty annoying
plus it fits his character

May 21, 2016, 11:03:06 PM
Reply #9

Offline Upsilon

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: May 19, 2016, 11:53:39 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2016, 11:03:06 PM »
You think Darkelle's whip should be readded in V3?
Also I believe the removed classes should be readded, but that's just my opinion.
BTW, the link to V1 is broken, even though the newer versions are a thing.

May 23, 2016, 12:01:12 AM
Reply #10

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 12:01:12 AM »
Quote from: "Upsilon"
You think Darkelle's whip should be readded in V3?
Also I believe the removed classes should be readded, but that's just my opinion.
BTW, the link to V1 is broken, even though the newer versions are a thing.
I will not confirm this at this time, but has been in consideration.
Removed classes are considered though some will likely stay dead.