Advanced Search

Author Topic: Cyberbullies  (Read 35638 times)

April 28, 2013, 04:38:43 AM
Reply #15

Offline MEGAMANX123

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 04, 2012, 01:37:19 PM

• View Profile
Re: Cyberbullies
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 04:38:43 AM »
you know to be honest i am just going to say don't give up i have been through alo't more than bullying i have been hacked and sometimes abused you wanna know what i did i didn't give up just because someones getting you down doesn't mean you should just throw everything away

don't give up!  :mrgreen:

April 28, 2013, 07:08:47 AM
Reply #16

Offline Hallan Parva

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor

• drifting absently across an endless sea
  • Date Registered: September 23, 2010, 10:32:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 07:08:47 AM »
not to hijack this thread but

there's some douche going around by the name of "Lord Damager" who keeps insulting this other "Ricky(numbers)" person
just giving him an extremely hard time when he's done nothing, telling him to "be a good boy" and "behave little Dicky"
you know just general prick stuff

normally I wouldn't say anything, but this has been going on for about a week solid and I'm getting tired of it

April 28, 2013, 01:10:49 PM
Reply #17

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 01:10:49 PM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"

there's some douche going around by the name of "Lord Damager" who keeps insulting this other "Ricky(numbers)" person
just giving him an extremely hard time when he's done nothing, telling him to "be a good boy" and "behave little Dicky"

normally I wouldn't say anything, but this has been going on for about a week solid and I'm getting tired of it

Ho

This srs bsns this time.

Mapache is pretty annoying in general.

April 28, 2013, 02:43:52 PM
Reply #18

Offline MagnetMan497

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: November 13, 2010, 04:48:53 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 02:43:52 PM »
Quote from: "SmashBroPlusB"

There's been a huge influx of people being huge jerks lately. Not just to Ricky456, but to a lot of other people. I usually just disconnect, change my username, and then reconnect and ignore. You have to speak up about it. Remember guys, it's just words over the internet. Everyone here (hopefully) has people in their lives that love and care about them. If you're getting sick of people being dicks to you over the internet, just take a break. Don't quit doing something you like because of other people. I'm not saying you need to deal with it -- you shouldn't have to -- but none of the mods are going to ban someone from the master server because they're being a dick, and I know that probably stings.

I've dealt with a lot of bullying before, not just over the internet but in real life, and the best way to handle it is just to ignore. Don't take anything personally. Chances are the bully is just saying the stuff to get a reaction out of you, not because they are actually cruel and want to see you cry. A lot of times bullies have been bullied themselves. Just don't give them what they want. Cyberbullying is a problem, but it's a problem we can all avoid.

April 28, 2013, 05:40:11 PM
Reply #19

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 05:40:11 PM »
But no one is around to control them, therefore they can still bully others with slim-to-no consequence. Either the admin is never present when these things occur or the admin himself is the one causing the problem (Dan, etc.)

April 28, 2013, 06:16:38 PM
Reply #20

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 06:16:38 PM »
We can't do anything about people being jerks in servers, so you'll have to learn to deal with it... but you can. Change your in game name to something else if you're getting singled out online. Even better, Zandronum has a built in ignore feature! Use it!

April 28, 2013, 07:12:53 PM
Reply #21

Offline DarkAura

• MM8BDM MM8 Contributor
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 01:38:04 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 07:12:53 PM »
Sorry, I meant the admin in charge of the server or whoever have RCON...

May 01, 2013, 01:52:20 PM
Reply #22

Offline MEGAMANX123

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 04, 2012, 01:37:19 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 01:52:20 PM »
well the lesson that should be learned here is to not feed the troll and yes to ignore because there's alot of stupid people on the internet who constantly want feedback they like it when you're mad i don't think there's anymore real reasons to post here since i guess it has been cleared up /:

May 01, 2013, 07:31:04 PM
Reply #23

Offline tsukiyomaru0

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 07, 2010, 05:01:56 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 07:31:04 PM »
Protip: If the server has the tag :: [BE] New York :: or just :: [BE] :: , you can go to "irc.zandronum.com" (you will need a mIRC client. even MIBBIT can do the job), "/join #bestever" and "/query Jenova" (or "Jenova_") and report the troublesome troll. Be sure to have a couple of screenshoots (2 might be more than enough) as proof if they request and to have the server port number (the ~5 digits long number, like 15003). After all, Trolling is an unacceptable behavior within Zandronum community, and Best.Ever. IS a main part of the ZDN community.

Of course, not every troll is all mean or annoying.

Just saying.

May 08, 2013, 06:49:54 PM
Reply #24

Offline TailsMK4

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 17, 2010, 05:35:11 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2013, 06:49:54 PM »
As was pointed out by DarkAura, the admin may not even be there at the time. I will offer this to anyone who is experiencing this at my set of servers: If this happens in one of my servers, come talk to me about it. I can put the offender on the banlist if it is serious enough.

Unfortunately, there are people out there that just love to try to bully others. The best thing you can do is just ignore them. The WORST thing you can do is to try to fight them. If you do the latter, they will continue to pester you. Trolls, for the most part, just want a reaction out of you, and they will live off the reactions you give them and will want more. If they find that they do not get much entertainment from you, they will go find someone else. I have a problem like this one with Bikdark, but I pretty much have the situation taken care of on my side.

May 08, 2013, 07:29:01 PM
Reply #25

Knux

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2013, 07:29:01 PM »
I take great pleasure in verbally destroying anyone who disrupts the fun of someone else in the servers for the hell of it. That said, it's just better to use the ignore function. Saves time, makes the game stink less.

May 09, 2013, 01:26:37 AM
Reply #26

Offline T's Inventions

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: April 08, 2011, 03:01:18 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2013, 01:26:37 AM »
Hmmmmmm....

Quote from: "Shmeckie"
Why does everyone act like trolls will simply go away if you ignore them? Because they don't. That's why Bik can't come play around Shmeckie's place anymore. No one provoked him, no one bothered him, he just couldn't stand having things he didn't like hosted, and would go on, and on, and on, and on, and get worse the more he was ignored.

"Just ignore them" never really works, especially for most internet trolls. They'll just up the ante until you do listen. Like a little kid bugging their parents; ignore them enough, and they'll yell louder, then start grabbing you, then start jumping up and down, etc.

There are many different ways to deal with bullys and trolls,
however I'd say what you don't want to do is leave the game all because there are a few douche bags out there that don't like you for such P!$$-poor reasons.

B.T.W. One thing that would really help a lot is if someone could tell us how to range-ban I.P. addresses for your own Zandronum servers!

June 20, 2013, 04:49:12 PM
Reply #27

Offline Bokan

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 13, 2013, 06:57:08 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
I always telling the other to stop jerking around, would be better if everyone would do that.....
Our Community isnt that Big.
Maybe it would be better to give new players more inviting feelings so they play MM8BDM more often. ( Really )
The more satisfied the players are the more Newcomers will join us.
Arent you Guys questioning yourself why all servers together get to a lowly max playeramount of 20?
Its because you guys Jerk around.
More players are out there beside your own.  You dont need to win with 100% + cheats + telefrags + flaming.
Its a Game that supposed to make FUN ( its not Call of Duty with KD Ratio + Achievements )

Maybe it would be wise to point out at all Bad Mouths here, MM8BD would have had already more than 100 player per day.
We Spare em everytime, they kick, flame, and abuse every button they can so they can enjoy their flamewars.
Its okay to have a decent ping but this dorks here running wildly around are causing exactly this problem.
Just a Shame... I hope some of our members remember/learned about the LAN Seasons.
+ We are 80% the same players on MM8BD so why is this happening???

June 21, 2013, 12:58:30 AM
Reply #28

Offline Bokan

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 13, 2013, 06:57:08 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 12:58:30 AM »
Just now i left a Server completely filled with these so called Cyberbullies, they arent just a nuissance they pretty much are 20% of the people coming in and out and directly start doing theyr stuff :

Kick innocent players which even didnt say a word + insult disrespectly everyone + press Yes for any vote....

already known players like always "awesome dan" "glatzy" " magickarp" and many more ( Crasgers Server )
i bet the perma Ban list is just exploding with theyr names because they show up again and again and again

Maybe it would be better for all effort that Cutman put into this, to save this Community from this Bullies with more but a Ban.
They keep on doing day for day.

Of Course Experienced Players have a solution for this.
But Unexperienced Players will just quit this game and never will come back.
If you would count the mass of players these dicks are preventing from playing this game....
It is just not right to let em keep doing what they do.
If just 3 of these Dicks would be gone forever, this community would grow so rapidly with new players which follow our guidance + rules.
+ dickheads are getting bored to  ( but not by letting them do what they want )

June 21, 2013, 01:12:23 AM
Reply #29

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 01:12:23 AM »
Quote from: "Bokan"
Just now i left a Server completely filled with these so called Cyberbullies, they arent just a nuissance they pretty much are 20% of the people coming in and out and directly start doing theyr stuff :

Kick innocent players which even didnt say a word + insult disrespectly everyone + press Yes for any vote....

already known players like always "awesome dan" "glatzy" " magickarp" and many more ( Crasgers Server )
i bet the perma Ban list is just exploding with theyr names because they show up again and again and again

Maybe it would be better for all effort that Cutman put into this, to save this Community from this Bullies with more but a Ban.
They keep on doing day for day.

Of Course Experienced Players have a solution for this.
But Unexperienced Players will just quit this game and never will come back.
If you would count the mass of players these dicks are preventing from playing this game....
It is just not right to let em keep doing what they do.
If just 3 of these Dicks would be gone forever, this community would grow so rapidly with new players which follow our guidance + rules.
+ dickheads are getting bored to  ( but not by letting them do what they want )

Out of curiosity, are you SURE you're not doing anything to say, piss them off? I'm certain they have their reasons, and if you're part of the problem then I would stop that first before going off on something else.

Yes I'm aware there are bullies in the community, but it wouldn't be helping your case if you're provoking them.

Again, i'm just asking.