Advanced Search

Author Topic: You know what really grinds my gears?  (Read 7708 times)

May 15, 2015, 01:32:46 AM
Read 7708 times

Offline Dark_Chaos

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 01, 2013, 07:47:48 PM

• View Profile
You know what really grinds my gears?
« on: May 15, 2015, 01:32:46 AM »
When people run a game with an outdated mod/when mod pages don't have a "past versions" list.
My case rests on a server that is running saxton hale ++ right now with version v2fh. Now this wouldn't be an issue if the newest version wasn't v2fhh! Listen guy, I know you're all caught up in whatever it is you think you're doing. But for the love of god update your freaking mods so everyone can play them or at the very least upload the mod you have to bestever you dingus! I mean it just really annoys the crap out of me, and I'm sure a lot of others. When they can't easily DL a mod through doomseeker, because it's not on the proper sites, and that is what grinds my gears.
So thread, what grinds your gears? Discuss.

May 15, 2015, 01:49:41 AM
Reply #1

Offline CDRom11_2007

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2013, 06:58:05 PM

• View Profile
Re: You know what really grinds my gears?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 01:49:41 AM »
I can't tell if this is the right place to put this, or if the "MM8BDM Discussion" page is the place. Like really, this has to do with:
1. A complaint
2. About a mod
3. And about server host

So technically, there is no specific place for a post like these to exist, which I guess means it should go in "Anything Goes", yet it still has to do with the 8BDM game, so I guess it's not ment for "Anything Goes". I don't know why this bugs me, but it just does. I guess you can say it really "Grinds my Gears".
I'll stop talking now...

May 15, 2015, 02:03:53 AM
Reply #2

Offline Dark_Chaos

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: September 01, 2013, 07:47:48 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 02:03:53 AM »
Yeah I had the same conflict whilst starting this :/

May 15, 2015, 04:02:02 AM
Reply #3

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
This really isn't an issue
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 04:02:02 AM »
People host MM8BDM V3B all the time what are you talking about.

May 20, 2015, 12:31:06 PM
Reply #4

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 12:31:06 PM »
Something that really grinds my gears is that fact that I want to carry on enjoying MM8BDM but I can't because 98% of the time I check Doomseeker, there are no servers I want to join. I want to enjoy classic 8BDM action, but the lack of populated servers that aren't classes and whatnot prevents me from being able to play online. There's single player, yeah, but I am wanting to play with human players, which single player doesn't offer.

Another thing that grinds my gears (assuming this thread can be about anything) would be the pokemon called Klink, along with all its evolutions. To me, it has nothing going for it. It's just two cogs, spinning each other around. Most other inanimate object pokemon at least have something interesting about them or have a clear reason for existing, but not Klink.

May 20, 2015, 01:21:50 PM
Reply #5

Offline Jdude330

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 22, 2013, 12:57:40 PM

• View Profile
move this to general gaming mods
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 01:21:50 PM »
8BDM thing: I wish there was MORE variety in servers. all we usually get nowadays is classes TLMS. the only exception is Duel right now, of which there are approximately FOUR of.

Non 8BDM thing: Newly Underrated games. this is when a very popular game gets an update, and suddenly nobody notices it happened. R4MI and Binding of Isaac both succumbed to this fate.

May 20, 2015, 03:43:19 PM
Reply #6

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

• View Profile
    • http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mega_Storm/index/
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 03:43:19 PM »
I have a thing against being made a fool of.

I mean, if I make a fool of myself, that's one thing. But never treat me like an idiot or a child.

May 20, 2015, 04:16:54 PM
Reply #7

Offline Bikdark

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: December 26, 2010, 01:51:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 04:16:54 PM »
People who use copyweps in classes mods.

Just fucking stop

Quote from: "-FiniteZero-"
never treat me like an idiot or a child.

Your avatar seems to contradict this statement.

May 20, 2015, 04:33:38 PM
Reply #8

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 04:33:38 PM »
I would prefer if Jclasses has copyweap too (but with nerfed weapons) because we can't get the weapons in DM....it hard to kill with a megaman or protoman.....But im ok for the choice of the dev.
They havent nerfed the weap in YDclasse, bikdark?

What grinds my gear : People who complain about retrogaming because it's old and bad for them. Just see the gameplay, specially after the snes/genesis period, a lot of games are cool and can be played again.....eveything is the gameplay (for a lot) =P

May 20, 2015, 05:02:53 PM
Reply #9

Offline Turbodude

• Warrior

• Minus the whole 'dude' thing.
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2010, 12:06:31 AM

• View Profile
    • My Twitch! (Fightingpolygonteam)
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 05:02:53 PM »
Quote from: "Bikdark"

Just fucking stop
Honestly if you're playing casual matches (cause tourney duels ban em most of the time) it really shouldn't be an issue.

They're not that big of a deal when everyone gets the idea and targets the copy class.

May 20, 2015, 05:31:10 PM
Reply #10

Offline Hunter Frags

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: December 21, 2013, 10:45:35 PM

• View Profile
    • Low Quality Escapades (YT Channel)
#CashDollars
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 05:31:10 PM »
* Satire Warning: may include "hate" for the sake of "humor." *
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know what really grinds my gears? People that make mods to spite, make fun of, or to "be better" than other mods. I know there aren't too many around, and there aren't any to worry about yet in today's V4 generation (yet,) but I know they still exist whether it's still for their original purpose or not (I'm looking at you, Unholy.) It's good to try something new if it's given enough breathing space and it's not run down too quick (I'm looking at you now, FNAF.)

News Flash: if you want to kill a "cancer," don't make a bigger "cancer."

Wanna know something else? Sure you don't.

Some people, when they're not overdoing it just to rack up the cash dollars, know where to stop something at so they don't jump the shark, end up getting bland, or just ruining it after I don't care how long it's existed. You can complain about wanting a new game of any series, but that doesn't mean it hasn't had a lot of games already, so shut up about it, okay? Or don't, because the best you may get one day or another would be a *gasp* reboot!

May 20, 2015, 05:34:16 PM
Reply #11

Offline CDRom11_2007

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 07, 2013, 06:58:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 05:34:16 PM »
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"
What grinds my gear : People who complain about retrogaming because it's old and bad for them. Just see the gameplay, specially after the snes/genesis period, a lot of games are cool and can be played again.....eveything is the gameplay (for a lot) =P
Thank you! Even now, as I replay a bunch of old Gameboy Colour games, I can't help but be amazed at how amazing these games are: The LOZ Oracle series, the Megaman Xtreme series, heck even Shantae (I now have a new found love for Shantae games because of it), retro games are amazing at how well their gameplay holds up to this day, even being better than a lot of Modern games to be honest.

May 20, 2015, 10:01:51 PM
Reply #12

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf
  • Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 10:01:51 PM »
When smart people thing everyone is either as smart as them or dumb.
:|

Quote from: "Bikdark"

Just fucking stop
No.
Copyweps are funny.

May 21, 2015, 12:28:03 PM
Reply #13

Offline Jdude330

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: July 22, 2013, 12:57:40 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 12:28:03 PM »
Quote from: "CDRom11_2007"
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"
Thank you! Even now, as I replay a bunch of old Gameboy Colour games, I can't help but be amazed at how amazing these games are: The LOZ Oracle series, the Megaman Xtreme series, heck even Shantae (I now have a new found love for Shantae games because of it), retro games are amazing at how well their gameplay holds up to this day, even being better than a lot of Modern games to be honest.
I'm so sorry.
(click to show/hide)
Anyhoo, I realized the ULTIMATE thing that grinds my gears.
Companies trying to get an unfair advantage on the smash ballot.
this would be when a company tries to convince EVERYONE that their characters have no flaws and would be PERFECT for smash, so much so that Nintendo will put them in without second thought, so everyone should vote for them. the ultimate evil here would be Way Forward games. Shantae will at least be ranked #3 or above because of this. (or so I think)

May 21, 2015, 12:41:25 PM
Reply #14

Offline Meme Man

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 28, 2015, 09:58:20 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 12:41:25 PM »
You know what grinds my gears?
How people say nintendo is dead. Like,SERIOUSLY?