Advanced Search

Author Topic: Megaman Legacy Collectin, collection game coming for summer!  (Read 23842 times)

June 08, 2015, 03:38:40 PM
Read 23842 times

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator
  • Date Registered: October 07, 2010, 03:03:19 AM

• View Profile
It's: Mega Man Legacy Collection !!!!! ENJOY IT

https://youtu.be/BHIPcvwhqrM

Line Capcom at E3!: "Durant la nouvelle édition de l'E3 à Los Angeles, nous présenterons les jeux suivants: Mega Man Legacy Collection, Resident Evil 0, Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition et Street Fighter V !" Yes, it's french but you understand, special edition....collection........dat capcom x___x

*return to do some others things......*

EDIT: More details there: http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/bl ... -platforms

By exemple: "Some notes about the additional modes:

Leaderboards, challenges, replays: Challenge Mode takes moments from each title and weaves them into a series of, well, challenges! So things like 'can you do these six areas strung together with one life bar' or 'try fighting all six Mega Man 1 bosses in a row.' And to keep the quest for the best time alive, the top performers in each Challenge will have their replay data uploaded and viewable to everyone! There will be many challenges to vex seasoned players AND help train newcomers in the ways of the Blue Bomber.

Database: Each Mega Man game will have a database that includes enemy lists. From here you can read details about certain enemies and hop directly to them for a practice session. For example, say you're tired of playing all the way to Quick Man just to lose over and over. With the database, you can hop directly to him and practice that buster run until you get it down to a science. Then it's off to the full game for the real deal!

Museum: MMLC will sport an exhaustive collection of sketches, art and other visual materials that help put you in that 1987~1992 time period. Part of this game's goal is the preservation of history, and the folks at Digital Eclipse are scanning items at absurdly high resolutions to make them as clean and clear as possible."

well ok...

June 08, 2015, 04:47:45 PM
Reply #1

Offline Beed28

• MM8BDM Extender

• Putting the 'bounce' into your world.
  • Date Registered: June 20, 2011, 08:07:58 PM

• View Profile
Re: A new Megaman game is coming.....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 04:47:45 PM »
No Mega Man 7, 8, and & Bass?

At least this one's confirmed for Europe. Unlike... Mega Man Anniversary Collection. Not sure if I'll pick this up in the long run as I already have all 6 of the games on the 3DS Virtual Console.

June 08, 2015, 05:22:05 PM
Reply #2

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 05:22:05 PM »
10 years ago, Mega Man Anniversary Collection was released for the PlayStation 2, the Nintendo Gamecube, and the Microsoft Xbox. It contained ports of the NES games Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5 and Mega Man 6, as well as a port of the SNES game Mega Man 7, a port of the PS1 port of Mega Man 8, and finally ports of the arcade games Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters. Two modes were available to play for each game: Original Mode, and Navi Mode with added HUDs, hints, and remixed music.

10 years later, Mega Man Legacy Collection will be released for the PlayStation 4, the Microsoft Xbox One, the Nintendo 3DS, and personal computers. It will contain ports of the NES games  Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5 and Mega Man 6. Two modes will be available to play for each game: Original Mode, and Challenge Mode with "increasingly difficult trials for experienced players". A "Museum Mode" also allows players to see high-res art, sketches and concept pieces, as well as loads of information regarding the history of Mega Man, and more.

The extra goodies on the new collection are kinda intriguing...but I don't think skipping MM7, MM8 and (still) MM&B is a good thing. Also, the developer of this new collection is Digital Eclipse, and the one doing all the ports is Other Ocean, both being companies with a terrible track record on ports. Gotta be pretty cautious about this one.

EDIT:

(click to show/hide)
This is one of the dudes working on this new collection. Seems like pretty big words to stand on.

EDIT2:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/retronauts-tackles-the-mega-man-legacy-and-the-mega-man-legacy-collection

June 08, 2015, 07:28:55 PM
Reply #3

Offline DoomManFTW

• Standard Member

• I forgot I existed.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2015, 04:46:08 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 07:28:55 PM »
Stone,I have to correct you there,this is NOT a new megaman game,they just rehash pretending that they still give a shit about megaman,and also I can understand no MM&B since that actually counts as a spin-off,but no MM7,8,9 nor 10?Especially now when it is going to PC's and 9 and 10 which are the best ones in the series are just the games I do not have DX

June 08, 2015, 07:56:41 PM
Reply #4

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 07:56:41 PM »
I was expecting remakes of the mega man classic games with enhanced, spiffy graphics. The 8 bit artstyle feels a bit tired.

Also, why only the first 6 Mega Man games? Why skip over the rest, especially 7 and 8 considering that Anniversary Collection included those?

oh well. Leaderboards + challenges sound potentially fun to me so I might end up picking it up for that.

June 08, 2015, 08:07:49 PM
Reply #5

Knux

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 08:07:49 PM »
This is basically an inferior Anniversary Collection as I don't care for the leaderboards or challenges. IMO, they should just cut the bullshit and release MM9 and MM10 on 3DS.

June 08, 2015, 08:28:13 PM
Reply #6

Offline CutmanMike

• Administrator

• Is it hot in here or is it just zscript?
  • Date Registered: December 17, 2008, 12:24:34 PM

• View Profile
    • https://cutstuff.net
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 08:28:13 PM »
I would be excited for a port of the old games to make it easier for people to grab but honestly I have no reason to get this. If it has MM9 & 10 I would totally grab it so I could play those games on my PC without having to dust off my old 360 or Wii, but we don't get those. As for the leaderboards and stuff, don't really care. I own two physical copies of the complete works so I don't need the cool concept art either. Oh well... Maybe they will slap DLC onto it later.

Also I find the fact it isn't coming on Wii U a little insulting. Not that I own one but c'mon...

June 08, 2015, 09:54:52 PM
Reply #7

Offline BiscuitSlash

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: November 20, 2010, 12:49:25 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 09:54:52 PM »
I'll probably be sure to get this as soon as I can. Having MM1-6 on my 3DS while they're all enhanced seems like a good thing for me to have.

There being less games than Anniversary Collection is true and all, but to me Anniversary Collection sort of doesn't even exist. Though including those 2 arcade games onto this might be a thing worth considering imo.

June 08, 2015, 10:39:08 PM
Reply #8

Offline Rui

• MM8BDM Extender

• I believe in you!
  • Date Registered: November 05, 2011, 12:47:57 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 10:39:08 PM »
Apparently this collection will use an entirely new engine for the first six Mega Man games, so I guess that's why the later games aren't in it?

I dunno.

I'll probably pick it up only for the Museum stuff though. Hopefully they add neat things (like maybe that option to play as Roll like the devs intended to do with Mega Man 2.)

June 08, 2015, 11:07:39 PM
Reply #9

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 11:07:39 PM »
Quote from: "DoomManFTW"
Stone,I have to correct you there,this is NOT a new megaman game,they just rehash pretending that they still give a shit about megaman,and also I can understand no MM&B since that actually counts as a spin-off,but no MM7,8,9 nor 10?Especially now when it is going to PC's and 9 and 10 which are the best ones in the series are just the games I do not have DX

I know right, the title was a joke tease for the lol, i know It's not a new game but a cheap collection....

June 09, 2015, 12:23:08 AM
Reply #10

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

• View Profile
    • http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mega_Storm/index/
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2015, 12:23:08 AM »
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"

I know right, the title was a joke tease for the lol, i know It's not a new game but a cheap collection....

In that case, the "new" should be in quotation marks.

June 09, 2015, 12:32:25 AM
Reply #11

Offline MusashiAA

• MM8BDM Contributor

• Byeah
  • Date Registered: February 16, 2010, 04:44:54 AM

• View Profile
    • My Covers on YouTube
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2015, 12:32:25 AM »
What I wonder is, how many times have these games been rereleased and rebought, regardless of its quality, just for the sake of "showing Capcom there's still support for the franchise, so they actually make an actual new game", which they never do and keep rereleasing these games and we keep rebuying them?

If it flops, it's bad for us.
If it doesn't flop, it's still bad for us because we're never seeing the end of rerereleasing to "gauge interest".

It's a fucking trap, I tell you.

June 09, 2015, 12:39:36 AM
Reply #12

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2015, 12:39:36 AM »
Quote from: "-FiniteZero-"
Quote from: "Emmanuelf06"

In that case, the "new" should be in quotation marks.

Yeah, i put the quotation marks.

"If it flops, it's bad for us.
If it doesn't flop, it's still bad for us because we're never seeing the end of rerereleasing to "gauge interest"."

Very true, its why i wont buy it..... Like when capcom japan said "nobody like megaman" because "there is nobody in the capcom unity japan group of mm legend 3", capcom is very hypocrit, so they think they can deal with us so easily.... Better to not jump in the trap, yeah.
capcom, Better to do something SERIOUS or nothing (or wait for some good megaman fangames like MMBN3D (?), X corrupted.....) :/

June 09, 2015, 04:11:16 AM
Reply #13

Offline Meme Man

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 28, 2015, 09:58:20 PM

• View Profile
Re: A "new" Megaman game is coming.....
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2015, 04:11:16 AM »
The moment i heard of this, i got hyped. I was like" Capcom finally knows megaman exist! Finally a new game!"
But then when i saw the trailer,my hype train crashed. I mean,why dont have mm7-10? Why no wii u port?
God damn it,capcom, y u do this to me ;_;

June 09, 2015, 07:47:12 AM
Reply #14

Offline Emmanuelf06

• Donator

• View Profile
Re: A "new" Megaman game is coming.....
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2015, 07:47:12 AM »
I feel really bad when i see the trailer..... x__x
poor megaman, i start to be really depressed for him : (

When i see the trailer or some news about it: