Advanced Search

Author Topic: Conquest of Mechanus [Beginning]  (Read 4738 times)

June 25, 2017, 10:12:38 PM
Reply #30

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf

• Date Registered: April 01, 2011, 02:08:23 AM

• View Profile
Re: Conquest of Mechanus [Beginning]
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2017, 10:12:38 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Camila: *Stares at Shepard for a few seconds*
Spoiler for Hiden:
How cute...

June 26, 2017, 01:56:47 AM
Reply #31

Offline Cyclo

• Standard Member

• SCREECHING LOUDLY IS UNSAFE

• Date Registered: May 13, 2017, 04:53:29 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2017, 01:56:47 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Boarfanger Man is struggling not to react to the hands messing around with his gear.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Boarfanger Man is uncomfortable!
He starts wondering if he's still knocked out. Boarfanger Man pinches himself...
...He doesn't wake up. This is one heck of a hangover.

June 26, 2017, 05:12:18 PM
Reply #32

Offline Flippy

• Standard Member

• I eat memes.

• Date Registered: March 20, 2017, 09:08:51 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2017, 05:12:18 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:

From far away an engine can be found growling in anger, suddenly a bike comes soaring through the sky and lands perfectly, then sliding a bit in a screeching brake

-The invitation says it's in here... maybe my work is finally getting known-

Taking off her helmet, the little girl gets out of her bike and looks at the entrance of the meeting room with a despicable look on her face

-There were reports of strange happenings around the area, if I get my hands on some info I would be able to do some tests-

Slowly approaching the door, Ashie takes a deep breath before slowly opening it, the sound being a bit disturbing

-I'm doing this for science... I wonder who I'll have to work with (or deal)

After seeing the other people of the party, realization starts

-...The hell is this?!

June 27, 2017, 02:44:07 AM
Reply #33

Offline Cyclo

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2017, 02:44:07 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Boarfanger Man spares not a moment more in the meeting room and walks outside...

...The light really hurts his eyes when he's been in the dark, even if he spends most of his days in his mask.
Taking a moment to adjust to the sudden influx of light, Boarfanger Man looks around himself...
...By Gog! This place is most certainly... alien? This is going to take time adjusting to.

Boarfanger Man rummages through his pouch, spending his free time checking what items he managed to bring with him.

June 27, 2017, 07:24:32 PM
Reply #34

Offline bass44

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: November 23, 2011, 03:40:05 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2017, 07:24:32 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:

An unusually smaller man with an orange and black scarf hovers over a courtyard spinning a machete much like a helicopter blade. He cancels out the flight and lands on the ground, with a turquoise/light blue aura surrounding his weapon he spins it around and then puts it away in it's holder strapped to his back

"I know one of you summoned me, and I'm not going to leave until this job is done..."

June 28, 2017, 01:15:34 AM
Reply #35

Online Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Knock Knock!

• Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
    • gumballtoid.tumblr.com
BEES.MP3
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 01:15:34 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
A faint buzzing could be heard down the hall from the war room. The sound of voices trailed off as everyone's attention turned to the buzzing, which grew more furious and drew closer with each passing moment.

Despite the other volunteers staring in horror and confusion, Yellow Jack paid them little mind. He wordlessly made his way into the room sitting atop a cloud of swarming bees, eying his future comrades with apprehension. A shark tamer. A shark. A bear wearing a shark. A ninja pirate or some shit. What a bunch of rejects. As he neared the table, he rose to his feet, prompting the bees to return to the hulking backpack he wore. He breathed deeply, once, and exhaled in an exasperated sort of way. Finally, the disheveled man spoke.

"They call me Yellow Jack. I'm a beekeeper. Let's get on with it."

--

As volunteers began to equip their new headsets, a swarm of bees emerged from Jack's backpack and encompassed one of the headsets left on the table. As they brought it to Jack, additional bees poured from the hive, forming a swirling veil of bees around the beekeeper's head too thick to see through. The bees carrying the headset merged with the buzzing amalgamation and disappeared within.

After a passing moment, the swarm filed back into the hive, and the headset could then be seen through Jack's veil, worn under his hat. Almost immediately, he asserted that the headset was itchy, but then insisted that he'd put up with it regardless. Turning toward the door, he began to make his way outside.

July 10, 2017, 07:36:19 PM
Reply #36

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2017, 07:36:19 PM »
Well then.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Follow General Y.

August 05, 2017, 07:00:44 AM
Reply #37

Offline Hilman170499

• MM8BDM Extender

• BLUE FOR DAYS!!!

• Date Registered: March 18, 2012, 05:49:26 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2017, 07:00:44 AM »
Sorry for the delay, but the show must go on!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Boarfanger Man rummages through his pouch.
Found 200p and a Potion!

Spoiler for Hiden:
With the team ready to leave, the group followed the General to some kind of airship landing area outside. There, they were greeted by a large cargo jet.
General Y: Folks, this is your mode of transportation to Tuberus. Inside, we have packaged some emergency supplies for your journey should you get in a pinch. Good luck on your journey, team!
Hil: Alright guys. Mechanus is many steps ahead of us, but this means we can knock him down a peg while he's on top of the world. With these headsets, I can see and hear your journey the whole way through. Anyway, see ya in the winners' circle!

The blue-clad fellow went back inside the base, preparing to play his part. The remaining party members boarded the cargo jet, which took of into the skies. The man piloting the ship looked at a mirror hung above the pilot's chamber, and sparked up a conversation with the party.
Pilot: Heyo people. How's the weather right now? Sit down and hang on to something. This thing isn't meant to carry people as it is these boxes.

A few hours dragged on, when a stray laser blast sped through besides one of the ship's side window. A loud explosion caused the cargo jet to tremble.
Pilot: Long-ranged attack! I should've listened to the General when he said using a non-combat ship to slip under Mechanus' radar was a bad idea! We're going down!
Cargo Jet Computer: ACTIVATING HOVER LAND.

As lasers barraged the cargo jet, it disappeared under the clouds as it gracefully descended to the ground. By a stroke of luck, the party ended up at a port area. They exited the cargo jet, now left smoking and in a state of disrepair.
Pilot: Would you look at that... We're gonna be stuck here until we get a repair crew to sort this out. Maybe you could look around, or stay here and talk. Whichever is fine by me.

While wandering the port, the party all heard static followed by a slightly-muffled voice coming through their headsets.
Hil: Hello. Do you read me? This is your boi, Mission Control. I timed your ride's GPS with your environment recodings. It seems that you're in Tuberus, so be on the lookout for Mechanus goons.
???: It came from over here, sir.
Hil: Watch out!

A pair of knights rushed in the party's general direction in battle-ready stances, followed by a king.
Hil: Oh my! That's the King of Tuberus himself! I wonder what he's doing out by the sea.
Knight 1: Stop right there, strangers!
Knight 2: How are we to know you are not in cahoots with that goblin?
Hil: This is your chance to tell the authorities about your situation. Let 'em know that you've been hired by another land to catch a fugitive; the goblin!

Alright, so here's the deal: You can still roleplay for previous cutscenes, but under two conditions:
-Please speficy which cutscene you are referring to through use of time frames and/or location.
-In the most recent cutscene, you can kinda interact with the game and slightly alter what I say next. However, that is not the case when you roleplay past cutscenes.

That aside, I also took the liberty to bold whatever is important in the current situation.

August 05, 2017, 07:14:29 PM
Reply #38

Online Gumballtoid

• MM8BDM Extender

• Knock Knock!

• Date Registered: July 13, 2011, 10:27:00 PM

• View Profile
    • gumballtoid.tumblr.com
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2017, 07:14:29 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Displeased by their present situation and in no mood to be trifled with, Yellow Jack began to give the armored guards an earful.

"Listen here, you crested dolts! We're not in line with that grimy little gremlin, if that's what you're playing at!" He looked the two of them over, completely unfazed by the authoritative power they probably held. "We came to this miserable country to clean up your mess, and the only reason we're even here in this bilge-ridden pit you call a port is because our good-for-nothing pilot didn't have the foresight to find us a plane that could actually defend itself!" He huffed angrily; as if able to sense his frustration, the bees in his backpack began to buzz feverishly. "Don't you dare start scrutinizing us when we just got blown out of the sky!"

August 06, 2017, 12:49:00 AM
Reply #39

Offline Jman

• Standard Member

• ( ͡ ͜&#

• Date Registered: June 28, 2011, 02:09:25 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2017, 12:49:00 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
A loud clash of metal is heard as Jusuke tumbles out of the wreckage. His hair is in shambles, but he takes a second to fix it by rapidly slicing at it with two katanas, seemingly drawn from nowhere. Instead of sheathing them, he just flippantly tosses them over his shoulders. Then, he directs his attention to the knights, not looking pleased in the slightest. His "DEATH" tattoo begins to flare up and give off a slight vapor as he points towards them with his sleeved hand.

"Hey, Tinsuits. If you're the ones who shot us down, I'll be glad to be be your tourguide to the next life. If not, show us who did and I'll follow suit. Is he this 'Gremlin' you're looking for?"

August 06, 2017, 03:33:15 AM
Reply #40

Offline Cyclo

• Standard Member

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2017, 03:33:15 AM »
Part 1
Spoiler for Hiden:
While he was on the cargo ship, Boarfanger Man; after hearing that there were, indeed, supplies packed on the ship, started rummaging for supplies first; preparing for the hunt. To him, going out under-prepared is a death sentence.
After taking his share of the supplies, Boarfanger Man looked for somewhere to get his bearings...

A few hours dragged on, when a stray laser blast sped through besides one of the ship's side window. A loud explosion caused the cargo jet to tremble.
Pilot: Long-ranged attack! I should've listened to the General when he said using a non-combat ship to slip under Mechanus' radar was a bad idea! We're going down!
Cargo Jet Computer: ACTIVATING HOVER LAND.

Part 2
Spoiler for Hiden:
Surprisingly, the crash wasn't as hard as he thought it would be.
There are some things about the world he just doesn't understand yet. After exiting the wreckage, Boarfanger Man looked around himself...

It's just a port town. Boarfanger Man made sure to stick close to his party, in case something large invaded the area.

Knight 1: Stop right there, strangers!
Knight 2: How are we to know you are not in cahoots with that goblin?

Boarfanger Man demonstrated his bad puns in front of the knights.
"Konchu see that we're just trying to pass? Now, I know you're not trying to Slagtoth on your duties here, but you see, if you do find it to be a good idea to mess with us, you're going to get Tig-wrecked. As far as I know, Melynx between that 'goblin' and a 'Mekkanus' are but naught. I have a Felyne you're just having a slow day."

August 09, 2017, 06:59:10 AM
Reply #41

Offline Laggy Blazko

• MM8BDM Extender

• Unf

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2017, 06:59:10 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
Jem: This could blow up anytime.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Examine surroundings.

August 11, 2017, 04:17:02 PM
Reply #42

Offline JaxOf7

• MM8BDM Extender

• Date Registered: March 23, 2011, 03:56:13 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2017, 04:17:02 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
As is usual for many people, Shepard fell asleep in the aircraft.
Not usual for many peope, she stayed asleep throughout the attack.
She is roused by a yelling bee man and bad puns she didn't get.
With a dazed smile, she meekly says "Hey. Don't fight."
Welp, that was a contribution.

August 13, 2017, 08:34:31 AM
Reply #43

Offline Hilman170499

• MM8BDM Extender

• BLUE FOR DAYS!!!

• Date Registered: March 18, 2012, 05:49:26 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2017, 08:34:31 AM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
The party searched through the supplies during the flight earlier. Inside, they found some starter supplies.
Found 9 Gold Chunks, 5 Potion and 2 Antidotes.

Spoiler for Hiden:
The knights looked on, progressively confused, as they heard the party explain themselves. That was when the King made a gesture to tell the knights to step aside as he approached the party.
King: Ah, yes. We are most delighted to recieve any assistance in this time of need. However, I am concerned of your safety as you are massively outnumbered by the Mechanus Armada.

Just then, a presence approached the party.
Hil: I have a bad feeling about this...

Out of the blue, the 2 knights passed out after feeling a stinging pain in their legs. Crawling over the defeated bodyguards, 2 Slimes and 2 Snakes approached the group.

BATTLE TIME!
Bass-Sama, Boarfanger Man, Ashie and Shepard vs. 1 Slime, 1 Snake [Battle A]
Simon & Finley, Wynn, Jusuke and Harold vs. 1 Slime, 1 Snake [Battle B]

Hil: Stay on your toes, folks! Show these simple creatures what you're made of! I'll try my best to feed you some info using the scanners on your headsets.

That's right! Whenever you encounter a new enemy type, they will be recorded by Mission Control. Be on the lookout for important information within his flavour text!
Monster Log:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Slime:
You know these pests. Always trying to chew on your toes! Anyway, they're quite easy; just note their body structure absorbs shock. Wonder how Mechanus has managed to scare them out of the wild, though...

Snake:
A legless reptile that strikes fear in the hearts of many... I have nothing significant to say here. Just be careful of its venom, guys!

As for the battle itself:
-You can perform a basic attack to deal out a weak non-elemental strike. This also recovers 1 point of ENR.
-You can use your skills.
-Items can give you an edge in battle, but equipment change cannot be done mid-battle without the proper skill.
-Defend your allies for that turn if necessary. You can guard one ally and take their blow, splitting the damage dealt. Keep in mind that this uses up a turn and depends on your INT, so if you are slower than all enemies on field, you basically wasted a move.
-When in a pinch or making a plan, switch out with other teammates, although it only works if allies are in the same general area and depends on INT. If multiple battles happen in the same area, you can also have party members on the field switch between battles!

Oh, yeah, I should also point out that the p stands for money.

August 13, 2017, 03:47:03 PM
Reply #44

Offline Thunderono

• MM8BDM MM9 Contributor

• The Treaded Treasury

• Date Registered: December 04, 2010, 11:20:27 PM

• View Profile
    • KHAN
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2017, 03:47:03 PM »
Spoiler for Hiden:
"Hah!  Some guards they were!  Roll up pointing fingers and they get taken down by those?  Think you might want to reinvest in your personnel, king."  Wynn turned to one of the snakes on the battlefield with a new, almost maniacal glint in his eyes.
"Let me show you how a real predator gets things done."

Grab-Strike > Snake

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name: Email:
Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
Who is the character to the right of the Cutstuff Forums logo above? (in lowercase, no spaces):