Advanced Search

Author Topic: Toughest Robot Master in Each Game?  (Read 49156 times)

April 01, 2011, 12:49:06 AM
Read 49156 times

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
Toughest Robot Master in Each Game?
« on: April 01, 2011, 12:49:06 AM »
This isn't about who was your favorite, this isn't about which one had your favorite theme, this isn't even about which one's art you like the best.
No, this topic is for which one of the sons-of-bitches was the hardest to kill for you.

Couple Ground Rules:  If you're going to list more than one, please don't take more than one from each game.
PLEASE don't take from a game in which you haven't fought every Robot Master.
I WILL allow Fortress Bosses to be mentioned, as long as A; you still post your most-struggled-with Master, and B; you've fought every Fortress Boss in that game.

With those rules--which I find reasonable--I'll begin my own post.

Winner for Mega Man 1 is...
ICE-MAN!

The only thing keeping Elec-Man or Fire-Man from winning is the fact he's an evil cross between the two:  very powerful, yet a good number of projectiles.  While he's relatively easy to dodge, it's typical that you're low on lives when you actually reach him instead of falling off the Propeller Platforms for the umpteenth time (Heat-Man's tiles ain't got shit on those) , and--as we've all learned from Big Eyes--one hit's enough to royally screw you over.

Also, his weakness isn't Fire-Man.  Let me repeat that:  ICE-MAN, THE PARKA-CLAD ESKIMO THAT SHOOTS ICICLES FROM HIS MOUTH, DOES NOT HAVE A FIRE BALL AS HIS WEAKNESS.
The fuck?

Winner for Mega Man 2 is...
CRASH-MAN!  ((INB4EVERYONELAUGHSATMEFORHAVINGTROUBLEWITHCRASHMAN))

YARANAIKA?!  This guy seems easy now, but he certainly was a pain the first time around.  Ironically, he kills you in seven hits--which is the amount of ammo Crash Bomb has.  Because he jumps every time you fire, he jumps, it is annoying to hit him with his weakness of Air Shooter unless you're right beside him--which is risky in Difficult, because sometimes he jumps up and shoots by himself.  Honestly, I find him a breeze now, but I didn't know the Golden Rule for MM2 Bosses at the time:  NEVER STOP MOVING.

Also, I find Hyadain's depiction of him hilarious.  Now every time I fight him, I picture him trying to rape Mega Man using Crash Bombs.

Winner for Mega Man 3 is...
SHADOW-MAN!

Ah, Shadow-Man...the dodgy guy that wouldn't hold still for FIVE SECONDS.  He's mainly annoying because his weakness is Top Spin--A melee weapon--but he's also annoying for his speed.  Like a lot of MM4 Masters, this guy primarily hurt you by running into you--via his half-map-crossing slide o' doom.  His shurikens aren't that annoying--rather easy to jump one and have the other pass your head--but that's not what makes him annoying.

Killing Shadow-Man was hit-for-hit, for me, anyways.  If Top Spin didn't lose so much ammo so quickly, he might be easier, but as for now, I might as well go cry in a shadowy corner.

Winner for Mega Man 4 is...
DIVE-MAN!

I hate Dive-Man for a lot of the same reasons I hate Shadow-Man:  fast, dodgy sonofabitch, melee weapon for weakness (Skull Barrier, if ya don't know) ...come to think of it, Dive-Man was Shadow-Man 2.0.  Instead of sliding randomly, he'd turbo-charge to RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE, his missiles can eat through your Skull Barrier ammo as you use it to block, and running into him kills you in about three hits.

A personal joke for me is "Fuck you, Dive-Man."  That pretty much sums up how I feel about him.

Winner for Mega Man 9 is...
CONCRETE-MAN!

Despite being the biggest RM in the game, Concrete-Man moves SO DARN FAST.  Not only that, his Concrete Shots--lobbed three at a time--almost always hit, giving him the chance he needs to shoulder-slam or ground-pound you, munching your health like potato chips.  His weakness is fast-moving, but one of his attacks is a ground-pound (luckily not a quake like Guts-Man) , so he can dodge it.

Overall, with the ability to kill in six hits (only three for Proto Man) , Concrete-Man is one you'll need an E-Tank or five for, weakness or not.  Shame--his weapon is really useful, too.

Winner for Mega Man 10 is...
CHILL-MAN!

Chill-Man isn't as fast as Concrete-Man, making him not-as-bad, but he's still annoying.  In Hard Mode, he jumps and shoots five Chill Spikes at once--while this is rare, if you're not fast enough, it can munch your health via the familiar freeze-run into combo.  His weakness--Solar Blaze--can be easy to hit him with, but only if you shoot it at one of his ground-stuck Chill Spikes.

His weakness is applicable to many situations, so he's kind of easy, but let's just say he's the only RM who killed me in the rematches.  All the MM10 RM's are relatively easy, but Chill-Man is still the hardest.

April 01, 2011, 01:13:51 AM
Reply #1

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
Re: Toughest Robot Master in Each Game?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 01:13:51 AM »
Ice Man dies from 3 hits with the Thunder Beam. Sure, he's harder without his weakness, but his pattern is so easy its not much to worry about.

Elec Man also dies from 3 hits with his weakness, but he's much more violent. I'd say he is overall harder than Ice Man.

For this reason, I am going to name the robot masters I think that are hard disregarding their weaknesses.

MM1: Elec Man
MM2: Air Man. I'm not saying this for the meme; he is really annoying without Leaf Shield. Heck, he's annoying even if you do have leaf shield.
MM3: Needle Man or Shadow Man. Can't decide.
MM4: Drill Man.
MM5: Charge Man
MM6: Can't remember. Tomahawk Man, I think.
MM7: Slash Man
MM9: Plug Man. Augh.
MM10: Solar Man

April 01, 2011, 01:16:32 AM
Reply #2

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

• View Profile
    • http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mega_Storm/index/
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2011, 01:16:32 AM »
Possibly the hardest robot master I've ever faced would be:
MM&B: Dynamo Man

His attacks are difficult to dodge (expecially when he surrounds you with orbs), and in the middle of the fight, he tries to recharge his own health!

April 01, 2011, 01:17:44 AM
Reply #3

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• Benvenuto nella room italiana!
  • Date Registered: March 04, 2010, 03:36:02 AM

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2011, 01:17:44 AM »
Keep in mind I am absolutely terrible at Mega Man games.

Mega Man 1:
Elec Man

SCREW YOU, ELEC MAN.
Three hit kill on a stage in which I get hurt a lot? Scissors are the only thing that can even slightly guarantee me a slight win on this slightly slight slightle slightness!

Mega Man 2:
inb4buebeam
Quick Man

I can never seem to kill this guy on my first life, E-Tanks or otherwise. Plus, HE NEVER STOPS MOVING AAAHHH.

Mega Man 3:
Hard Man

I'MMA GET YOU.
Ow my face!
I'MMA GET YOU!
Why you stomp me?!
I'MMA GET YOU
bew bew bew

Mega Man 5:
Most of these were simple, but the one I had most trouble with..
Stone Man

See Hard Man.

Mega Man 7(FC):
Turbo Man/Spring Man

I don't care if it's against the rules, I can never kill either of these guys on my first go on the stage, even with their weaknesses.

In terms of actual Mega Man 7:
No one! They're all incredibly easy because of reactions.

Mega Man 9:
Magma Man

First go around, he murdered me so many times. Obviously he's really easy now, but yeah.

Mega Man & Bass:
Magic Man

Probably the only boss I can't perfect run, because his weakness is a melee weapon!
Even staying away, dodging the bouncing balls, flying birds, and deadly cards is rather insane.

Mega Man Soccer:
Fire Man

That is SUCH a cheap special shot.

Also, FiniteZero, to defeat Dynamo as Bass: Equip Super Buster(The one that increases strength) aim up and fire away.
As Megaman, use Wave Burner/Ice Wall on the little prongs. Using Copy Vision will usually block all of his attacks, so it's good to have one out often.

April 01, 2011, 01:19:40 AM
Reply #4

Offline -FiniteZero-

• Standard Member

• I'm somwhere.
  • Date Registered: March 06, 2011, 04:34:30 PM

• View Profile
    • http://s4.zetaboards.com/Mega_Storm/index/
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2011, 01:19:40 AM »
I've beat him before, he's just annoying.

Also, question:
Would including bosses from Mega Man hacks be alright?

April 01, 2011, 01:24:13 AM
Reply #5

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 01:24:13 AM »
Well it says in each game, not each mainstream game.

Hence why I posted Soccer  :p

April 01, 2011, 01:37:09 AM
Reply #6

Offline Blaze Yeager

• MM8BDM Extender

• Retired, but still kicking.
  • Date Registered: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 01:37:09 AM »
MM1:Fire Man - Always will be tough as Balls
MM2:Quick Man - One Word: GIT
MM3:Needle Man - I hate Bustering this Bas-err i mean Jackass
MM4:Dive Man - Dare i need to explain?
MM5:Gyro Man (and his Stage I HATE IT) - I hate this stage and i hate this Boss
MM6:Flame Man - He's a bit tough when i face him
MM7:Freeze Man - F#!@
MM8:Search Man - I hate him with my guts,more than Flash Man and Bright Man
MM9:Plug Man - This guy's Tough,Even without his weakness
MM10:Chill Man - Hate this stage with a Passion,and i hate him on Normal and Hard Mode

April 01, 2011, 01:47:02 AM
Reply #7

Offline Lord Toadman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: October 16, 2010, 11:30:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 01:47:02 AM »
MM1: Gutsman: Don't get me wrong, Gutsman is easy. It's just the 2nd time fighting him is absolutely horrible because A) Even ground B) You have to fight him after fighting 5 robot masters in a row with no energy refills and C) His weakness is impossible to do anything with

MM2: Quickman: Not really hard here either but I'm usually near death when finishing him off, probably because I don't try to dodge him but instead try to get him to run into the first crashbomb I fire.

MM3: Gemini Man: I never did enjoy the first phase of fighting Gemini when he has a dopple with him, I think part of my problem with him is that I fire and forget using Shadow Blades(seeing as Snakeman is the 3rd to last Robot Master I take on) while forgetting that I still have a health meter that needs to be satisfied.

MM4: Ringman: Everything that Ringman does hits like a truck and it probably doesn't help I can't dodge anything he does barely at all. To be honest Ringman is probably one of the most challenging robot masters in any of the games for me.

MM5: Chargeman: For some reason when I last played MM5 I did the entire boss pattern wrong and thought I could beat him with Star Crash but instead had to settle for Megabuster only, which isn't to terrible but I'm not one to enjoy unpredictability(I'm talking about those random rage charges he pulls on you when he's chasing you).

MM9: Tornadoman: Once again I'm pretty terrible at dodging attacks here, luckly I usually have atleast one E-tank at this point so I don't have to worry about it to much

MM10: Enker: I really suck at dodging the mirror reflect beams for some reason, it wasn't so bad with the Ballade Cracker but Megabuster was just a no for me.

April 01, 2011, 01:47:53 AM
Reply #8

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 01:47:53 AM »
I'm only going to do a few of these.

MM9 - Concrete Man.  It would be Plug Man but using his weakness on him makes him fairly easy.  Concrete Man every once in a while just goes nuts and will not let you move.  Plus, yeah, he's so dang fast for a big guy.

MM10 - Nitro Man.  It's tough to worry about dodging the wheels on the ground and the ones falling.  However, I should note that sometimes Chill Man is a pushover and other times he will not let you move, just like Concrete.

MM&B - Dynamo Man.  I hate this guy.  I hate this guy.  I hate this guy.  I hate this guy.  I hate this guy.  I hate this guy.  STOP REFILLING YOUR GOD DANG ENERGY AND DIE ALREADY!!!

April 01, 2011, 02:10:53 AM
Reply #9

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 02:10:53 AM »
Why does everyone find Dive Man so hard?

April 01, 2011, 02:15:02 AM
Reply #10

Offline arkman

• Standard Member
  • Date Registered: January 17, 2011, 04:22:37 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 02:15:02 AM »
YAY.

MM1 Elecman. reason already given.

MMDWR Cutman. Not enough room to dodge his attacks!

MM2 erm, Quickman. I can buster only him on the refight though.

mm3 fricken Hardman, never could figure out the pattern to the fists.

mm4 drillman. a pain to dodge, no clear pattern

mm5 darkman 2, I suck in this fight but all the others are a breeze. If you want a real robot master I'd say the hardest is crystalman.

mm6 centaur. Teleporting jerk.

mm7 Slashman.

mm&B yep Dynamo doesn't even seem to be weak to copy vision.

edit: ninjad
Quote from: "Kapus"
Why does everyone find Dive Man so hard?
I think it's because if you don't immediatly kill the missiles they stick to you like glue making the rest of the fight that much harder.

April 01, 2011, 02:29:50 AM
Reply #11

Offline Nuy

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: March 27, 2011, 10:25:22 PM

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/NuThetta
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 02:29:50 AM »
Mega Man 1:
Guts Man
None of them are actually hard...

Mega Man 2:
Quick Man
Too fast :V

Mega Man 3:
Shadow Man
Too Random

Mega Man 4:
Drill Man
Gets a little out of hand if he stays above ground for long

Mega Man 5:
Wave Man
Because why not

Mega Man 6:
Plant Man
Never could doge him

Mega Man 7:
Slash Man
Tedious~

Mega Man 9:
Plug Man
Too many things

Mega Man 10:
Solar Man
I can never get proper footing fighting him

Haven't actually buster only'd Mega Man 8 yet so...

April 01, 2011, 02:34:35 AM
Reply #12

Offline CHAOS_FANTAZY

• MM8BDM Extender

• Still Around, But Only Kind Of
  • Date Registered: November 21, 2010, 08:21:24 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 02:34:35 AM »
Just here to dump my thoughts on who others thought were hard.

Elec-Man:  I, personally, found Elec-Man a breeze.  Stand on the Guts Blocks at the left, repetitively toss Rolling Cutter, jump when he tosses his Thunder Beam, and you'll probably win without getting hit.
(Funny how he can't even hurt me in the Wily Stage 2 Rematch...)

Drill-Man:  Unless you mean his erratic firing of Drill Bombs--which he tends to almost never shoot for me--I found Drill-Man a piece of cake to dodge.  MM8 said it best:  "Slide!  Slide!"  It can be annoying to turn around and shoot him, but that's about all I can think of.
Also, it's hilarious to use Wire Adapter and watch him still run around and attack what isn't there.

Air-Man and Needle-Man I can understand.  They both hit FUCKING EVERYWHERE.  At least in MM3, you could slide under some of Air-Doc's tornadoes...

Also, anyone care to elaborate on Mega Man Soccer/Fire-Man's special ability?

April 01, 2011, 04:29:02 AM
Reply #13

Offline Korby

• Global Moderator

• View Profile
    • Korby Games
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 04:29:02 AM »
Fire Man's special ability leaves pretty much every goalie in the game incapacitated for quite a few seconds. Using it on the goal is pretty much a guaranteed score.

April 01, 2011, 04:38:24 AM
Reply #14

Offline TheBladeRoden

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 14, 2010, 07:26:58 PM

• View Profile
    • TheBladeRoden's Home Page
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 04:38:24 AM »
I thought most abilities did that