Advanced Search

Author Topic: FGG Maps [Beta Maps on Page 11]  (Read 39776 times)

March 03, 2012, 02:07:09 AM
Reply #30

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer
  • Date Registered: August 28, 2011, 04:46:04 PM

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
Re: FGG Maps [Swimming Map]
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2012, 02:07:09 AM »
im more shocked that theres an actual mm8 expansion IN PROGRESS (if what you said is true :3.

March 03, 2012, 02:10:00 AM
Reply #31

Offline Mr. X

• MM8BDM Contributor
  • Date Registered: July 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

• View Profile
    • http://mrxsrr.blogspot.com
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2012, 02:10:00 AM »

March 03, 2012, 02:26:08 AM
Reply #32

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: July 31, 2011, 09:55:05 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2012, 02:26:08 AM »
Quote from: "Beed28"
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
(and drowning explained by being in "acid")

Can't you add "airsupply = 0" to the MAPINFO definition to prevent players drowning?

I did not know of this command, I can reset it back to normal with this, thank you.  I can easily cut back on the weapon energy. As for the tiles? I don't see what is wrong with them. It is not like the map is very detailed, to warrant needing more then floors, walls and cielings. It isn't a big map and more textures would be a bit overboard.

March 03, 2012, 02:32:11 AM
Reply #33

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2012, 02:32:11 AM »
Quote from: "Mr. X"
Nope, there's no expansion underway.

you sir have made my day.

March 11, 2012, 09:12:51 PM
Reply #34

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
Re: FGG Maps [Classic Warfare Pack]
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 09:12:51 PM »
Map Pack: Classic Warfare Pack: This is a Team Deathmatch oriented map pack. The centers of the map are blocked to prevent teams from getting to close to each other keeping fights much like old wars where armies lined up and shoot back and forth, only with more movement.  Maps in this pack are simple and texturing may not be the best.  The maps have a decent variety of themes and layouts.

Download here: http://www.mediafire.com/?g616r9d358hf0ma

Map details and screenshots here (map details are much like Light's comments in the campaign)
FGGTD01 - Chemical Breakdown: Trash disposal center that both crushes the trash and breaks it down with chemicals.  Uncrushed junk offers some cover.
(click to show/hide)

FGGTD02 - Sky High Platforms: Two platforms over the clouds connected to towers.  Higher ground leaves you open but allows you to shoot past enemy's cover.
(click to show/hide)

FGGTD03 - War Ships: Two ships flying through space, combat your enemies over the gaps.  Bring the fight to your enemy by using the door teleporters to reach the catwalk on the other ship.
(click to show/hide)

FGGTD04 - Hot Place: Lava separates you from your foes, hit them from long range or close in to lower their chances to dodge.  Oil pits are connected to the one on the opposing teams opposite side, burn it to take out anyone in it, but be careful.
(click to show/hide)

FGGTD05 - Bounce House: Little cover in this large arena, use springs to bounce yourself out of the way of your opponents attacks.  Some better weapons are higher up, but riskier to get to.
(click to show/hide)

FGGTD06 - Research Center: Gravity and Light is being tested in this facility.  When the gravity is low the lights are off, and when the lights are on gravity is high.
(click to show/hide)

FGGTD07 - Crystal Mine: This underwater mine shimmers beautifully.  It is wider then it is long, and hallways are tight, use the weapons available to hit your opponents even behind cover.
(click to show/hide)
Changes in mind: Removing gravity hold in War Ships and replacing it with another weapon, as of what is uncertain.  Possible removal of Gravity Hold in Bounce house depending on feedback and replacing it with Air Shooter.  Possible replacing Napalm Bomb in Sky High Platform, replacment uncertain.

Known bugs/issues: In Chemical Breakdown if someone dies in the water and no one else is in it the low gravity in it reverts to normal.
The Junk Lava in Hot Place can not be frozen and cause an error when hit with freeze cracker, which is not in the map so should not be a problem.
Music for Crystal Mine (MM7BOSS) is very low and hard to hear.

The map for Sky High Platforms shows the second Ice Slasher and Napalm Bomb on the wrong side, it has been fixed.

Well all I have to say is, give it try, and give me your feedback.  I suggest not using this pack for LMS, some weapons were picked for usefulness.

March 12, 2012, 05:35:13 AM
Reply #35

Offline ice

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: October 05, 2010, 05:09:31 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2012, 05:35:13 AM »
I suggest not using this pack for LMS, some weapons were picked for usefulness.

Ironic as wars are basically massive real LMS matches.

Tried it, all I can tell you is that separating teams is borderline impossible outside of ctf, though it seems to ironicly work better with TLMS

March 12, 2012, 06:22:17 AM
Reply #36

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2012, 06:22:17 AM »
Yea, I noticed the spawn point thing, but there is one thing I have noticed, in (at least 1v1) in a DM, TDM you will automaticly spawn at a the farthest spawn from the most enemies. I have managed to get into these with the bots on one team on the other side from the other, and since you can't go to the other side the other team will never spawn on your side.

And the lack of LMS is the random weapons. I would have loved for this pack to be LMS compatible but last thing you need is to get Slash Claw in any of them, you can only get close enough to hit with it in bounce house but there is a hole at the barrier point.

Also bots can get stuck on all maps, though Research Center is the worse because you can't hit them all that easily, all other maps have a weapon that can easily find and hit them, and "stuck spots" in them often have them facing the other side.

March 12, 2012, 11:49:02 AM
Reply #37

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2012, 11:49:02 AM »
So how about that "each time fights on it's own side."

March 12, 2012, 05:20:28 PM
Reply #38

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2012, 05:20:28 PM »
Quote from: "Gummywormz"
So how about that "each time fights on it's own side."

Quote from: "ice"
I suggest not using this pack for LMS, some weapons were picked for usefulness.

Ironic as wars are basically massive real LMS matches.

Tried it, all I can tell you is that separating teams is borderline impossible outside of ctf, though it seems to ironicly work better with TLMS

That is the problem with it, there is no "Team Deathmatch Spawn" decor only "Player" ones for Campaign, Deathmatch, CTF/SF Blue and Red and a dummy CTF one. The only team spawn decorate is CTF/SF, the only way to get people onto the other side is when they respawn they will spawn on whichever side the other team is farther from.  After I uploaded it I went through one last time and on the same map you showed I managed to have it mostly 3 blues on one side and 3 reds on the other in a 3v3 only 1 blue spawning on reds side once due to one of the platforms not being occupied so we were far enough away for him to use that spawn point.

March 12, 2012, 07:32:29 PM
Reply #39

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2012, 07:32:29 PM »
not gonna lie, these maps look hella good, from a screenshot point of view. im going to check these out later. :D

March 12, 2012, 07:46:19 PM
Reply #40

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 07:46:19 PM »
Quote from: "Rozark"
not gonna lie, these maps look hella good, from a screenshot point of view. im going to check these out later. :D
Don't expect much in game, the screenshots were just enough to give an idea of what you are going to be in, and are pretty much the entire maps.

There is one thing I know forgot to fix in Chemical Breakdown the ramps leading out have water and ramped ceilings, but due to the water the ramped ceiling isn't visible but is still there, I'm going to remove the ramped ceiling in an update to make it work like it looks.  Gravity Hold in War Ships is very likely to go and not be replaced, the map has plenty of other weapons.  Napalm Bomb in Sky High Platforms is very likely to be replaced as well due to how hard it is to get it to clear the gap.

There will defiantly be an update after the MM8 expansion is released to mix Homing Sniper and Water Balloon into maps.

March 13, 2012, 12:37:57 AM
Reply #41

Offline Gummywormz

• Standard Member

• Air Man Tile Enthusiast
  • Date Registered: December 23, 2010, 01:05:44 AM

• View Profile
    • Github Page
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2012, 12:37:57 AM »
You can code ACS scripts to force teammates to spawn on either side.

March 13, 2012, 02:48:10 AM
Reply #42

Offline Rozark

• MM8BDM Extender

• Mr. Explorer

• View Profile
    • Rozark #0873
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2012, 02:48:10 AM »
Quote from: "fortegigasgospel"
Quote from: "Rozark"
Don't expect much in game, the screenshots were just enough to give an idea of what you are going to be in, and are pretty much the entire maps.

There is one thing I know forgot to fix in Chemical Breakdown the ramps leading out have water and ramped ceilings, but due to the water the ramped ceiling isn't visible but is still there, I'm going to remove the ramped ceiling in an update to make it work like it looks.  Gravity Hold in War Ships is very likely to go and not be replaced, the map has plenty of other weapons.  Napalm Bomb in Sky High Platforms is very likely to be replaced as well due to how hard it is to get it to clear the gap.

There will defiantly be an update after the MM8 expansion is released to mix Homing Sniper and Water Balloon into maps.

again, like i said, from a screenshot point of view.

March 13, 2012, 03:24:35 AM
Reply #43

Offline fortegigasgospel

• MM8BDM Extender

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2012, 03:24:35 AM »
Quote from: "Gummywormz"
You can code ACS scripts to force teammates to spawn on either side.
Ok thank you for saying this, I went on a quest on finding this info on how and I found from the skulltag forums.

Quote from: "rific453"
Code: [Select]
#include "zcommon.acs"

script 1 ENTER
{
Teleport(PlayerTeam + 100, 0, 0);
}

script 2 RESPAWN
{
Teleport(PlayerTeam + 100, 0, 0);
}

But when I tried to use it I got an error saying line 4 was missing a "(." But seeing as I copy pasted it like that into the script I don't know why it is giving me that error.

March 13, 2012, 08:13:57 PM
Reply #44

Offline xColdxFusionx

• MM8BDM MM&B Contributor
  • Date Registered: August 02, 2011, 01:07:17 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2012, 08:13:57 PM »
PlayerTeam
Should be