Advanced Search

Author Topic: kirbymariomega creates skins (NEWEST: YOSHI)  (Read 17826 times)

December 07, 2014, 09:28:57 AM
Reply #15

Offline IamaMedalHunter

• MM8BDM Extender

• Whimsical Metal Cyclops
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2014, 12:00:09 AM

• View Profile
    • Medal's Youtube, idk, I'm not a YTber
Re: kirbymariomega creates skins (NEWEST: MARIO)
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 09:28:57 AM »
So, at first sight, I downloaded it. Only little cons I found were the hand for the Firing frame, that was not on the same height on the front frame and the other frames ; as well as the upper body's Back/Side frames that looks like the upper body's Side frames. It got me confused on where the skin was looking at.
Besides those (more or less) ignorable details, I downloaded it immediatly as I saw that these were custom sprites, like everyone likes 'em. I also like the fact that I'm asking myself if this skin is a very heavy edit of the Megaman skin or not, as the hurt sprites are visually one, but the other state's sprites may be or may be not, but I'd tend to say that this skin is not an edit, apart from hurt state.
So, good job for this skin's rather high quality, it gotta be my favorite Mario skin. And also don't forget to mention somewhere that this skin is named "SSB-Mario", and not "KMMMario" like i thought when I downloaded it !

December 07, 2014, 03:30:09 PM
Reply #16

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 03:30:09 PM »
Th.. Yeah. I'm downloading this. Best Mario skin I've seen.

December 07, 2014, 05:45:32 PM
Reply #17

Offline kirbymariomega

• Justice League Member

• inactive but unforgotten
  • Date Registered: January 07, 2012, 12:49:01 AM

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 05:45:32 PM »
Quote from: "IamaMedalHunter"
So, at first sight, I downloaded it. Only little cons I found were the hand for the Firing frame, that was not on the same height on the front frame and the other frames ; as well as the upper body's Back/Side frames that looks like the upper body's Side frames. It got me confused on where the skin was looking at.
Yeah, I tried to put them on the same height, but it looked kind of... off? Dunno, I'll probably give it another shot, soon.

Besides those (more or less) ignorable details, I downloaded it immediatly as I saw that these were custom sprites, like everyone likes 'em. I also like the fact that I'm asking myself if this skin is a very heavy edit of the Megaman skin or not, as the hurt sprites are visually one, but the other state's sprites may be or may be not, but I'd tend to say that this skin is not an edit, apart from hurt state.
Actually, I just edited from Mega Man the front/side frames. Everything else is custom made!

So, good job for this skin's rather high quality, it gotta be my favorite Mario skin. And also don't forget to mention somewhere that this skin is named "SSB-Mario", and not "KMMMario" like i thought when I downloaded it !
Ha, thanks a lot! Also, changed that little goof with an updated link, can't believe I missed that, ha ha.

Quote from: "Ceridran"
Th.. Yeah. I'm downloading this. Best Mario skin I've seen.
Thanks!

Also, I've gone and updated the initial post with something to show what I'd like to do at some point. :P

December 07, 2014, 06:06:39 PM
Reply #18

Offline IamaMedalHunter

• MM8BDM Extender

• Whimsical Metal Cyclops
  • Date Registered: January 01, 2014, 12:00:09 AM

• View Profile
    • Medal's Youtube, idk, I'm not a YTber
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2014, 06:06:39 PM »
That's quite a lot of projects. I wish you good courage if you intend to do them all. Looking at the Kirby series enemies, I've noticed just now that they pretty much have the same size !

But I also see skins of characters that already have their own : Wii Fit Trainer (one skin by VirtualSonic43), Rosalina (2 variants both by Geno) and many Sonic skins. Are you sure you wanna make them ?

December 07, 2014, 06:38:56 PM
Reply #19

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2014, 06:38:56 PM »
But I also see skins of characters that already have their own : Wii Fit Trainer (one skin by VirtualSonic43), Rosalina (2 variants both by Geno) and many Sonic skins. Are you sure you wanna make them ?

I was gonna say Geno's Rosalina skins are too big, but it seems to only be the case with the second one, which is really out of place now that I look at it.
The good Sonic skins aren't too far off from what we see here, though.
I kind of want to say I prefer this Wii Fit Trainer sprite over the other, though.

Any way, there's nothing wrong, nothing stopping you from making your own variant.

Something I'm worried about is the difficulty in distinguishing Luigi from Mario. I tried making his head slimmer, but that wasn't easy to pull off while still looking good.

December 07, 2014, 08:12:43 PM
Reply #20

Offline SmashTheEchidna

• Standard Member

• AKA Smash Corliss
  • Date Registered: December 07, 2010, 09:25:12 PM

• View Profile
    • http://fandedication.4umer.com/
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2014, 08:12:43 PM »
So many Kirby skins! Are you working for the Kirby's Adventure expansion?

December 07, 2014, 08:34:25 PM
Reply #21

Offline Dimpsy

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: January 15, 2013, 09:10:04 PM

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2014, 08:34:25 PM »
>Sees the many skins you have planned
All I can say, is good luck.
I'm interested in seeing the various Smash Bros.-related skins, but damn do you really need to make every Kirby enemy? It's gotta be for something I presume.
Also I don't see why you feel the need to make a Metal Mario when he's just a recolor.

But I also see skins of characters that already have their own : Wii Fit Trainer (one skin by Dimpsy Boots),
I gotta admit, the Wii Fit Trainer this guy is displaying for us puts my skin to shame, though I kinda hope the guy tries to work on skins nobody else has done yet to gather attention from everyone. Gives skins that exist already some breathing room.

December 08, 2014, 09:14:19 PM
Reply #22

Offline kirbymariomega

• Justice League Member

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2014, 09:14:19 PM »
That's quite a lot of projects. I wish you good courage if you intend to do them all. Looking at the Kirby series enemies, I've noticed just now that they pretty much have the same size !

Poo, you're right. Meh, I suppose I'll still make them and people can decide which ones they like more, ha ha.

I was gonna say Geno's Rosalina skins are too big, but it seems to only be the case with the second one, which is really out of place now that I look at it.
The good Sonic skins aren't too far off from what we see here, though.
I kind of want to say I prefer this Wii Fit Trainer sprite over the other, though.

Any way, there's nothing wrong, nothing stopping you from making your own variant.

Something I'm worried about is the difficulty in distinguishing Luigi from Mario. I tried making his head slimmer, but that wasn't easy to pull off while still looking good.

Yeah, I guess.

I decided that I was going to give Luigi more distinct animations from Mario, unless that's not enough.

Quote from: "SmashTheEchidna"
So many Kirby skins! Are you working for the Kirby's Adventure expansion?

Whoa, that's still being made? If so, I'd gladly contribute to it.

Quote from: "VirtualSonic43"
>Sees the many skins you have planned
All I can say, is good luck.
I'm interested in seeing the various Smash Bros.-related skins, but damn do you really need to make every Kirby enemy? It's gotta be for something I presume.
Also I don't see why you feel the need to make a Metal Mario when he's just a recolor.

But I also see skins of characters that already have their own : Wii Fit Trainer (one skin by Dimpsy Boots),
I gotta admit, the Wii Fit Trainer this guy is displaying for us puts my skin to shame, though I kinda hope the guy tries to work on skins nobody else has done yet to gather attention from everyone. Gives skins that exist already some breathing room.
Thanks!
To be honest I just really like Kirby, ha ha. At most, I'll probably just attempt to code actors for each of them so people can play around with them (unless the KA expansion is still going). Also, Metal Mario has some reflection on him unlike the actual Mario skin, but I'll probably just not put too much work into him for now.

Yeah, probably just going to try to make some of the ones that haven't been done first (i.e. Kracko, Sweet Stuff, Dark Matter, Boom-Boom, Zelda). I saw your WFT sprite and I really like it, the only thing that I thought could be improved were the eyes. In cases like Sonic and Rosalina where there are already other skins, I'll probably just do them anyway and see what people think. They're different actual sprites, so who really knows.

December 15, 2014, 01:00:44 AM
Reply #23

Offline kirbymariomega

• Justice League Member

• View Profile
Re: kirbymariomega creates skins (NEWEST: RICK)
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 01:00:44 AM »
rick hammser look above for answer

December 29, 2014, 11:04:25 PM
Reply #24

Offline kirbymariomega

• Justice League Member

• View Profile
Re: kirbymariomega creates skins (NEWEST: RICK)
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2014, 11:04:25 PM »
bump for princess peach

January 11, 2015, 04:38:50 PM
Reply #25

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
Re: kirbymariomega creates skins (NEWEST: PEACH)
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 04:38:50 PM »
Wow, just as I get back into making skins, I see..

wow, that's a lot

and they're really good!

and there's quite a few ones that I wanted to do/was starting to do that were on here..
but people would probably say they're "out of place"
and speaking of that
actually my second one is proportionate with Mega Man's size, but whatever. I suppose that doesn't count

ah well, I didn't need to make things anyway, bye

good luck with these!

January 15, 2015, 02:50:16 AM
Reply #26

Offline kirbymariomega

• Justice League Member

• View Profile
Re: kirbymariomega creates skins (NEWEST: PEACH)
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 02:50:16 AM »
Quote from: "Geno"
Wow, just as I get back into making skins, I see..

wow, that's a lot

and they're really good!

and there's quite a few ones that I wanted to do/was starting to do that were on here..
but people would probably say they're "out of place"
and speaking of that
actually my second one is proportionate with Mega Man's size, but whatever. I suppose that doesn't count

ah well, I didn't need to make things anyway, bye

good luck with these!

Ha, thanks! To be honest I think you should still give the other ones a shot even if they are the same character, anyway-

(click to show/hide)

panto

April 06, 2015, 02:18:40 AM
Reply #27

Offline kirbymariomega

• Justice League Member

• View Profile
Re: kirbymariomega creates skins (NEWEST: PAC-MAN)
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2015, 02:18:40 AM »
pac-man is here, check out the original post

April 07, 2015, 04:43:56 PM
Reply #28

Offline Geno

• MM8BDM Extender

• ❤ ❤ ❤
  • Date Registered: March 31, 2012, 10:07:28 AM

• View Profile
Re: kirbymariomega creates skins (NEWEST: PAC-MAN)
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2015, 04:43:56 PM »
Oh my goooosh, that Pac-Man is amazing!

Great job!!

May 09, 2015, 04:44:09 AM
Reply #29

Offline kirbymariomega

• Justice League Member

• View Profile
Re: kirbymariomega creates skins (NEWEST: YOSHI)
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2015, 04:44:09 AM »
Thaaank you!

New Yoshi skin at the top here buy it why it's hot it dissolves in water