Advanced Search

Author Topic: Zeroforums, my own forum.  (Read 7909 times)

January 20, 2015, 10:53:20 PM
Read 7909 times

Offline Zero1000

• Standard Member

• How did I do this?
  • Date Registered: October 08, 2014, 03:08:19 AM

• View Profile
Zeroforums, my own forum.
« on: January 20, 2015, 10:53:20 PM »
Hey guys, some time before registering, i made a forum inspired by outerforums, another forumotion forum.
Features:
(click to show/hide)

Link:http://zeroforums.foromocion.com/
Once you register, i will need to confirm your account. Be sure to follow the rules or you will get a ticket to Banacation Island (a.k.a. Banned)

Coming soon:
(click to show/hide)

Any questions, feel free to post it here.

January 30, 2015, 12:26:08 AM
Reply #1

Offline Zero1000

• Standard Member

• How did I do this?

• View Profile
Re: Zeroforums, my own forum.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 12:26:08 AM »
Sorry for double posting, but anyone has tips for the forum?

January 30, 2015, 01:07:03 AM
Reply #2

Offline Kapus

• MM8BDM Extender

• Master of Hiccup
  • Date Registered: November 22, 2010, 06:40:07 AM

• View Profile
    • My art
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 01:07:03 AM »
I'm not really interested in joining, but I'm very curious. What does a "light and dark" roleplay entail and how is it different from ordinary roleplaying?

Quote from: "zero1000"
Sorry for double posting, but anyone has tips for the forum?

I ran a forumotion forum some years ago. Here's what I have to say off the top of my head.

1) What is the forum's actual purpose and subject? I don't think you'd be able to make a very successful forum unless it was catered towards a specific subject and demographic. Cutstuff, for example, is a forum created for discussions about CutmanMike's creative works, and by proxy revolves a bit around Doom mods and the Mega Man franchise.

2) It's not really a good idea to go around everywhere stating that you're inspired by another site. It's okay to be inspired and all, but putting that as your forum's general description is just riding on the coattails of another's success and does nothing to give your forum an identity of its own. Why would someone go to your site when they could instead go to the site it was inspired by, which is probably better and more expansive? What do you offer that it doesn't?

3) The visual theme is exceedingly bland and also does nothing to give the forum a sense of identity.

4) Putting people in a usergroup dubbed "troublemakers" is super rude, even if a person does happen to be problematic. Don't publicly shame people.

January 30, 2015, 01:09:00 AM
Reply #3

Offline Ceridran

• MM8BDM Extender
  • Date Registered: April 07, 2012, 01:08:52 AM

• View Profile
    • http://ceridran.tumblr.com/
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 01:09:00 AM »
Quote from: "Kapus"
What does a "light and dark" roleplay entail and how is it different from ordinary roleplaying?

It is a roleplay that features the conflict between a clan of light and a clan of dark. Sounds like ordinary roleplaying to me.

There's no more appeal than OuterForums provides, and even that place is boring. I'll be honest, I think it'd be better to take down ZeroForums and make this an OuterForums thread. They're essentially identical.

January 30, 2015, 01:24:49 AM
Reply #4

Offline Zero1000

• Standard Member

• How did I do this?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 01:24:49 AM »
1) Actually, i could change the wording of below my forum title to "Roleplaying Forum"

2) See above

3) I'm not very good at coding or choosing themes, but i may choose one that ressembles the roleplaying theme of the forum.

4) I actually thought 123outerme thought it was a good idea for putting it, but maybe i will change the group to "Coders" just in case.

Thanks, i think i may make you an A-mod.

Also Cerikeno, 123outerme and everyone else on his forums barely even remember Outerforums. See JJ official forums chit-chat forum and look for outerforums thread, then look the last page.

January 30, 2015, 01:37:45 AM
Reply #5

Offline Orange juice :l

• Warrior
  • Date Registered: October 10, 2010, 08:41:18 PM

• View Profile
    • http://cutstuff.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=590
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2015, 01:37:45 AM »
Whenever somebody comes up with a big public project like this, people all too often forget the number one question they should be asking themselves: "Is this something I need public dedication from, and if so, what do I have to give to them so they choose my project over somebody else's?"

Now, let's take a look at your forum...

Looking through your threads, you seem to have no projects you've put any effort into (aside from the forum itself, but considered it's done through what I assume is a free service, it's not something of significant merit).

Registered users: 3. Your selling feature does not seem to be your pre-existing community.

Promise of future dividends. Usually when a project is just taking off, it needs to be exceptional and you need to be skilled enough to provide a very solid backbone of a project. Considering this forum appears to be aimed for an intra-site roleplay with virtual, forum-based rewards, these dividends are negligible. The possibility of being a "Zeroforums Moderator" just doesn't bear any prestige.

I probably need to register to see the other person, but the two users I've seen so far aren't people I've heard of. Ergo, we can cross celebrity proximity off the list of attractions.

So to summarize, this forum has no attractions. Users will receive nothing here that they can't get elsewhere for easier. You've put the cart before the horse- you need to gather a club before you build the clubhouse.